The Alba System Journal- EUR/USD intraday system

Forex Trade- 6.02.06- 1 small trade won

Once again we had another day where we able to get out of trade that didn't hit our target. After the NFP report we had a strong move upwards in the Euro which made a nice breakout of the EU session range. However because it was a news candle, I did not take it. I waited until I got another breakout which happened at 8:50 and I entered 3 lots long at 2923 with a stop at 2830 and a target at 2978. Unfortunately the movement seemed to be over and the price just hovered around that area and stayed there throughout the day. Because the NFP is such a big mover I held my trade longer than normal and finally closed out at the close of the 2pm candle at 2932 because I was able to get out with a small profit. It's been a weird week and I'm hoping the market will give us some good trades next week. Have a great weekend everyone. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +27 -9(spread)= +18 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.02.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.02.06.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 201
Alba results for 5.29.06 - 6.02.06

Well what a funny week it was. We didn't have any really bad trades and we didn't have any good trades. At the end of the week we ended up exactly where we started.....at breakeven! It's kind of funny but I sure would like to make some pips next week :)

Monday: Memorial Day- No trades
Tuesday: No trade
Wednesday: -21
Thursday: +3
Friday: +18

Total: +0 pips

Total for June: +0 pips

Forex Trade- 6.05.06- No Trades

Like a typical Monday, there were no trades today. We did have the ISM Non Manufacturing report today but it didn't cause any movement in the EUR/USD. We had a slight break of the EU low but it wasn't enough to constitute a trade. Hopefully the rest of the week will be better. Cheers! ~ Big Pippin

Results: +0 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.05.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.05.06.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 157
Forex Trade- 6.06.06- 1 Trade Won

Although there were no economic reports today, we did get a nice Alba breakout. At 8:10 am EST there was an Alba breakout and I entered 3 lots short at 2843 with a stop at 2864 and a target at 2830. My target was hit at 8:50 and I closed 2 lots and moved my last lot's stop to the high of that candle. I was stopped out on my last lot on the next candle at 2839. It wasn't a big win, but considering there wasn't any news today, I was pretty happy with today's win. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Result: +26 +4 -9(spread)= +21 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.06.gif
    EURUSD-6.06.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 186
Forex Trade- 6.07.06- No trades

I thought that Al might make the market move today after his testimony but it turns out his magic is gone. We had a close breakout at 9:40 am EST but it didn't quite meet our criteria. The market then moved back within the EU range and stayed there the rest of the day. Hopefully the rest of the week will be a little better. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.07.06.gif
    EURUSD-6.07.06.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 208
Forex Trade- 6.08.06- 1 Trade Won

Well after the Unemployment claims we saw a nice move in the EUR/USD. I did not trade the actual news candle because I don't like trading the news but I did see a good Alba breakout at 9:20 am EST and I entered 3 lots short at 2660 with a stop at 2725 and a target at 2627. My target was hit at 9:40 am EST and I closed 2 lots and moved my last lot's stop to the high of that candle. I was stopped out on my last lot on the very next candle at 2641. Overall it was a very good trading day. I hope you all were able to catch some of that move. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +66 +19 -9(spread)= +76 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.08.06.gif
    EURUSD-6.08.06.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 197
Big Pippin said:
Well after the Unemployment claims we saw a nice move in the EUR/USD. I did not trade the actual news candle because I don't like trading the news but I did see a good Alba breakout at 9:20 am EST and I entered 3 lots short at 2660 with a stop at 2725 and a target at 2627. My target was hit at 9:40 am EST and I closed 2 lots and moved my last lot's stop to the high of that candle. I was stopped out on my last lot on the very next candle at 2641. Overall it was a very good trading day. I hope you all were able to catch some of that move. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +66 +19 -9(spread)= +76 pips

Well done mate...I would like to follow this stratergy but dont understand it exactly....shame.. :LOL:

Forex Trade- 6.09.06- No trades

Well the Trade Balance and Import Prices caused a nice drop in the Euro but because it was a news candle, I did not trade it. After the news releases, the Euro moved back up within the EU session range and pretty much stayed there the rest of the day. Luckily, we were able to stay out of the market today as the Euro jumped up and down the whole day. It will be interesting to see where it will go next week. Have a great weekend! ~Big Pippin

rav700 said:
Well done mate...I would like to follow this stratergy but dont understand it exactly....shame.. :LOL:

It's fairly simple. If you follow this thread long enough, you will get the jist of it. Best of luck in your trading.

Cheers,

-BP

Alba results for 6.05.06 - 6.09.06

Well it was a better week this week even though we only had 2 trades. Hopefully we can keep it up next week.

Monday: No trade
Tuesday: +21
Wednesday: No trade
Thursday: +76
Friday: No trade

Total: +97 pips

Total for June: +97 pips

Forex Trade- 6.12.06- No trades

In typical Monday fashion, the market moved very little today. From the chart, you can see that the price stayed within the EU session's range. So no trades for today but I'm sure things will pick up during the rest of this week. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.12.06.gif
    EURUSD-6.12.06.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 173
Forex Trade- 6.13.06- No trades

Well even with the news reports today we still saw some indecision in the EUR/USD during our session today. We had a pretty good Alba signal at 9:40 am EST but the price closed right at the EU high which is why we didn't enter. Other than that close trade the market pretty much stayed within the EU session range which prevented us from trading today. Hope you all did ok. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.13.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.13.06.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 184
Forex Trade- 6.14.06- 1 Trade Lost

Unfortunately, things did not go our way today. Although the market showed good volatility, it still displayed big indecision. We almost had a short breakout after the CPI report but luckily all of our criteria was not met which kept us out of the trade. The Euro then reversed and we ended up getting a long breakout. I entered on an Alba breakout at 9:20 am EST at 1.2642 with a stop at 1.2569 and a target at 1.2680. Unfortunately the movement was finished and the price pretty much stayed in place. At 1:00 pm EST the price still had not hit my target and I decided to cut my losses and closed my trade out at 1.2626. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hope you all did well today. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: -48 -9(spread)= -57 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.14.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.14.06.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 184
Forex Trade- 6.15.06- No Trade

Once again the market showed alot of indecision today during the US session. After the jobless claims at 8:30, the Euro spiked down only to reverse back up and spike above the EU high after the TIC data report. Luckily there were no Alba breakouts or signals which once again saved us from making any bad trades today. This week has showed a lot of indecision and it might not be until next week before we see some clear direction. I will not be trading tomorrow as I have a doctors appointment and other errands I have to run during the day. I will post the weeks results by the end of this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone! ~Big Pippin

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.15.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.15.06.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 176
Alba results for 6.12.06 - 6.16.06

Well it was a pretty boring week as far as # of trades goes, but considering the choppiness of the market this past week, I think it was for the better that we stayed out of a lot of trades. We did end up with a small loss this week, but I looked back at my chart on Friday and it looks like if I had traded we would of ended up with a win and would've finished the week at about breakeven. Hopefully this week will be more exciting and maybe we'll actually pull some pips in!

Monday: No trades
Tuesday: No trades
Wednesday: -57 pips
Thursday: No trades
Friday: Did not trade

Total: -57 pips

Total for June: +40 pips

Forex Trade- 6.19.06- 1 Trade Won

Unlike our normal, mundane Mondays, we actually had a winning trade today. Although there were no major economic reports out today, the market moved just enough for us to grab some pips. At 8:50 am EST, there was an Alba breakout and I entered 3 lots short at 2567 with a stop at 2585 and a target at 2558. My target was hit on the next candle and I closed 2 lots and moved my last lot's stop to breakeven. I was stopped out on my 3rd lot at breakeven at 9:30 am EST. So it wasn't a big win but at least we started off the week on a good note. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +18 +3 (-9 spread)= +12 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.19.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.19.06.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 190
Oh well.......

Big Pippin said:
Unlike our normal, mundane Mondays, we actually had a winning trade today. Although there were no major economic reports out today, the market moved just enough for us to grab some pips. At 8:50 am EST, there was an Alba breakout and I entered 3 lots short at 2567 with a stop at 2585 and a target at 2558. My target was hit on the next candle and I closed 2 lots and moved my last lot's stop to breakeven. I was stopped out on my 3rd lot at breakeven at 9:30 am EST. So it wasn't a big win but at least we started off the week on a good note. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Results: +18 +3 (-9 spread)= +12 pips

Got the same trade re breakout of Asian overnight range (Midnight - 7am gmt) BUT I was not in during the UK afternoon ( UK afternoon time when b/out happened) to take it. Bummer but you cannot always be at hand.
:|

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=260812#post260812

Last edited:
neil said:
Got the same trade re breakout of Asian overnight range (Midnight - 7am gmt) BUT I was not in during the UK afternoon ( UK afternoon time when b/out happened) to take it. Bummer but you cannot always be at hand.
:|

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=260812#post260812

I know what you mean. Thats why I like my system. It caters to my life and not the other way around, haha. But it does sting a little to see your trades win outside of the times that you watch the charts.

Forex Trade- 6.20.06- 1 Trade Lost

Days like today make losing hurt the most. Usually I can accept a loss with no problem because it's just a normal part of being a trader. However, today was one of those days where you know you were right in your trade, but the market moved just enough against you to briefly stop you out and then decided to go in the original direction you had hoped it would go in the first place. Today there was an Alba signal at 10:20 am EST and I entered 3 lots long. The presumption here was that the price had bounced off the EU low and would proceed to reach at least the EU high. I entered 3 lots at 2576 with a stop at 2558 and a target at 2587. At 11:40 am EST I was stopped out of my trade by 3 pips. And wouldn't you figure, right after I was stopped out, the market continued it's move toward the EU high and not only did it reach it, it ended up breaking out of the EU range late in the day. Sheesh! Everything looked good when I entered the trade, but sometimes things like this just happen. It would've been a nice win today but unfortunately now this loss has put us back to breakeven for the month. The Alba system has not had a negative month since its inception so these last 2 weeks will be interesting to watch. I will follow the system rules to a tee and hopefully the system will bring me back to positive pips for the month. Hope you all did ok today. For those of you who just trade the Alba breakouts, you lucked out of this one :) I wish I was you today. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Result: -54 -9(spread)= -63 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.20.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.20.06.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 173
Forex Trade- 6.21.06- No Trade

Well it was another boring day in the market. I watched as the Euro hovered around the EU high teasing us of a breakout. At 12:00 pm EST there was an Alba breakout but because it was outside of my trading time. It's unfortunate because that trade would've won. Had it been a candle earlier, I would've entered, but I'm sticking to my rules and I know there will be other trades. Hope you all did well today. Cheers! ~Big Pippin

Attachments

• EURUSD-6.21.06.jpg
    EURUSD-6.21.06.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 183