tencorp vs trader_dante - discussion

Based on what has just been posted doesn't this mean the following:

1) That trade_dante is posting live trades with actual market entry and exit points including any slippage ?

2) That tencorp will be posting "theoretical trades" without real market entry and exit points that would include any slippage ?

If so then there is no way that the two can be comparable in my view. Stating that trades would be placed in stable market conditions does not alter that you can and do still get slippage.

As such I am unsure what value the end result will have.

Paul

ultimately it means little whether dante beats me.
Wow. If there is a better cop-out clause anywhere, I'd like to see that. Dude, you started the competition. Yes, it matters if you lose. It matters a lot. OK, maybe not to you because you'll stop posting using that id, but to vendors in general.

i know my system is profitable.
Yeah, don't we all. Just stick to the trades fella, and lose the shovel. That hole just keeps getting deeper.

Last edited:
it's funny but last time i looked there weren't vendors queuing up to give live calls and put themselves to the test and what do i get for it? i get shot to pieces. tss42 is right. if i lose then i would stop using this id because it's not really fair on me if you're all honest. if i reveal my company name and then lose, i could lose business. but i could lose for reasons that do not mean my system is useless and i am a fraud. i could lose because dante had a very good run or because i am in a drawdown. my system is a trend following one and drawdown can be significant. i just wanted to give a few signals and see if i could hold my own against another trader who claims they are profitable but it seems like everyone is clamouring for my blood. trader333, i am not trying to cheat by ignoring slippage i am just saying that i have found it not to be a problem in my live trades. i am not a scalper. my wins are large enough that even if i was slipped by a few ticks it would make no difference to the bottom line. anyway if people want this to continue then just let me get on with it. i'm not here to answer questions about the way i trade i am here to make some live calls. and i honestly believe that i would clean the floor with the opposition (no offence dante) but as i said i'm not prepared to lose business if i don't.

tss42, Your point has been more than made. Any future reader can decide whether its relevant to them. So please stop now or I'll delete the lot to clean the thread. I am happy to let this develop and see what happens. Its against policy for tencorp to promote himself through the site so lets let the competition happen - you will note what has happened to oilfxpro.

Also, as a note to thread readers in future, if tencorp was to point one at this thread of evidence of his or her skills and system you should NOT take it as evidence of such. The structure and proof is WAY TO RELAXED for any valid proof. This is for the challenge and the entertainment.

Regarding spreadbetters at 1p a point ... that is usually an introductory bait offering that drops back to 50p or $1 per tick after a month or so.

Trader_Dante, can you please advise. Now that you are in your new employment are you able to post from work (and thus let us know in real time) or are you resolving that issue some other way?

Let the competition develop (please) :medieval:

Last edited:
Sorry Nine, I don't get it. Are you saying you guys are happy for this chap to use a dodgy id to post theoretical trades?

To achieve what?

Trader_Dante, can you please advise. Now that you are in your new employment are you able to post from work (and thus let us know in real time) or are you resolving that issue some other way?

Hi nine, I can post from work while I am still on sim but may have to cut back somewhat when I go live which could be in the next few weeks. I've posted a few live trades on here before. I always give the entry and exit BEFORE it has triggered and will post reasons for my trades too. To be fair to tencorp, since it is a papertrade I am not really accounting for slippage either. I am happy to deduct a few ticks off entry and exit - whatever anyone thinks is fair.

i am not trying to cheat by ignoring slippage i am just saying that i have found it not to be a problem in my live trades.

I have not in any way said that you were cheating. What I am trying to get across is that it is not comparing apples with apples the way that this is being conducted and as such is of limited value in my view.

Paul

Got any other trades lined up, tencorp? or you still waiting for that USD/CAD to setup?

Nice trade on cable TD.

entry on usd/cad is at 1.0312 (i've moved it up by 1 tick)

stop is now at 0.9740 (this has been moved up also according to the system rules)

no other trades lined up.

probably won't need any either to win this.

On a scale from 1-10.. how confident are you that your long entry level @ 1.0312 will be reached ?

Just to confrm guys, you can place as many trades as you like. There's no 'pattern day trader' restrictions or anything like that in this little experiement.

Still, it's a two horse race, with Trader Dante in the lead after one succesfull trade, and Tencorp, bringing up the rear with a pending order.

Place your bets :)

i've started this thread in response to the "system vendor performance" thread.

i'll make some live calls here and you can see for yourself how easy it is to make money.

first trade:

STILL WAITING TENCORP.......??

Tencorp,
Classic breakout play for size.Stop exactly where it should be for the inital trigger.Unfortunately ,won't make much sense for daytraders and small accounts who are focussing on every little twitch in the market ,but that in no way invalidates the technical 'correctness' of your setup. 1275 to 1300 pips move ?

Last edited:
Unfortunately ,won't make much sense for daytraders and small accounts

Or anyone who values trend and efficient entry.
Taking a ct bo inside the jan high with a stop wide enough to drive a bus through!?
ita makea no sense 2 me!:p

Edit: make that 3 buses!

Last edited:
Or anyone who values trend and efficient entry.
Taking a ct bo inside the jan high with a stop wide enough to drive a bus through!?
ita makea no sense 2 me!:p

Edit: make that 3 buses!

"ita makea no sense 2 me!:p"
Exactly. ;)
And for newbies sakes I personally would not be taking that setup with an account value below 30,000 ,but each to theirown.
As to trend theory ...it depends whose you are talking about.If there was one one that applied universally we wouldn't have a market as there would be no doubt to trade both sides of. ;)
EDIT...the jan high you presumably consider to bea problem constitutes exactly 2 days trading ! against that this prior move shows lots of short covering followed by consolidation for buying and within the consolidation strong buying now mini consolidating under those 2 days of high price ...3 months worth of consolidation just needing a trigger to blow...fundamentally the Canadian central bank cut rates to the surprise of the market signalling clearly that the US has it's largest trading partner had an FX /Can $ strength that the canuck economy cannot live with. What else do you want to see to make you buy ...yes ,a trigger .

Based on current action though the stops where it should be ,but I can see possible future price action that would have you out of this trade well before that tech stop gets triggers. However ,that is not the way to calculate your initial risk ,that is based on what price has shown and is showing now amd where stop should be at this time to know you would be wrong.

Tencor,
"Big stop" is meaningless. Stop is both techincally informative ,signalling 'wrong' or it's useless and as to size it has no point other than relative to the account size and position size taken. Indeed that's my only critique for want of a better expression on this potential trade. That is , I personally could not advocate a stop size proposed on a 10.000 account. Too much inital risk IMO ,but on alarger account ,no issue at all.

MODS....

To keep the thread clean after you think posts have had a chance to be read you can remove mine with no prob.
Otherwise the craps going to accumulate.

Last edited:
I'll go through and do a tidy up (including this one) later in the weekend.

Edit: Agreed firewalker. I'll go through and recover the old posts as well and shift them all into the discussion thread. If no one posts objections????

Last edited:
I'll go through and do a tidy up (including this one) later in the weekend.

Perhaps there should be a separate "tencorp vs trader_dante" discussion thread. That way this thread can store only the "live trades" and it would much easier to review all the trades made. Just a suggestion, but that's how we do it in the private live trading board and it works pretty good...

the majority of traders that try and get on board every move are the ones just lose consistently. i find it ironic that many traders on this board will turn their nose up at my strategy because it has a big stop on a trade and go onto bleed the same number of ticks away but just take slightly longer to do it making sucker plays all day long. the simple fact is, if you're a newbie, you're not cutting your risk by cutting your stop size - you're increasing your risk!

Seeing that this thread is going to be 'tidied up', let me ask you this. Why should a newbie use a stop at all? No stop would mean no risk according to your philosophy.

Cheeky! ;)

I dunno about the clever fundy stuff n all but the trend and risk still looks down to me mon!

turn their nose up at my strategy because it has a big stop

Not until ive turned my nose up at being counter trend! :cheesy:

whats the point eh.. its all gonner get trimmed come the weekend. GL to the both contestants. :)

Attachments

• errr.JPG
    errr.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 191