Tax advice needed

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/30661-rules-of-the-internet

good idea: thinking about tax issues with the aim of minimizing your potential tax liability and behaving like a rational economic agent

bad idea: asking about it on the internet

worst idea: feeding the "i hate rich people" trolls

but we can forgive that, i suggest going to a tax lawyer/accountant. According to my limited knowledge of taxation the central issues will be:

1)is the item you are speculating on property (as in, do you own it or have control of it)?
2) are the transactions and the nature of the activity such that it constitutes a business?

i'd start from there but seriously just go talk to a tax accountant/lawyer

over here (NZ) the IRD has a service you can talk to their accountants and lawyers to determine if you have a tax liability for certain activities. but i'm pretty sure there're plenty of accounting firms in the UK who can help you.

Last edited:
Pay your taxes like everyone else here. Oh i don't want to pay 50% but I do want to use the roads and drive my car, and send my kids to school and use the NHS....etc etc.

Probably the stupidest thing anyone has ever written.

Pay your taxes like everyone else here. Oh i don't want to pay 50% but I do want to use the roads and drive my car, and send my kids to school and use the NHS....etc etc.

Just play by the 'rules'; tax evasion = bad, tax avoidance = arguably morally equally as bad, but it is what it is..Were mostly fookin blessed we live in countries were we can have a moan re. the options..

Just play by the 'rules'; tax evasion = bad, tax avoidance = arguably morally equally as bad, but it is what it is..Were mostly fookin blessed we live in countries were we can have a moan re. the options..

interesting, tax avoidance is immoral or somehow "bad"?

a counter - argument would be that organizing ones affairs such that tax liability is minimized is the duty of all rational economic agents, in fact if i owned shares in a company in which the director in his duty as director chose to ignore the different tax treatments of prospective transactions i would quickly conclude that he is not acting in the best interests of the company.

the same can be applied to individuals

of course tax evasion which is simply running away from tax liabilities already incurred is both illegal and highly immoral

note to self: don't read tax or commercial law textbooks before posting on t2w you sound like a ponce lol

when this country will embrace the rule of law above rule of the individuals only then we get into real grown up contemporary world.

all these double personality quriks when we accept law in front of a policeman and then still live by medieval habits by individual judgement makes us highly incompetenet in the real world.

russian and chinese are going to beat cr@p out of anglo saxon worlds very soon.. during our lifetime. once the money stolen from colonies ends....

PS the original point was - if a person wish to minimize his tax payments legally thats concludes it. None of your damn business. Bl00dy pocahontas all around. saving money is one of the best wealth investment strategies.

Last edited:
They really should have an unrecommend option for the gobbledygook

when this country will embrace the rule of law above rule of the individuals only then we get into real grown up contemporary world.

all these double personality quriks when we accept law in front of a policeman and then still live by medieval habits by individual judgement makes us highly incompetenet in the real world.

russian and chinese are going to beat cr@p out of anglo saxon worlds very soon.. during our lifetime. once the money stolen from colonies ends....

PS the original point was - if a person wish to minimize his tax payments legally thats concludes it. None of your damn business. Bl00dy pocahontas all around. saving money is one of the best wealth investment strategies.

UK law is one huge cash cow, a real money spinner. Quite similar to the markets and trading, it's all about other peoples money (the taxpayer:LOL:).

How many rioting ballbags paid for their court appearance?

Gotta luv the UK.

same question day in day out it seems. Get a 'Disrectionary Trust Fund' up and going ;) Save you heaaches plus amazing tax benefits. Has worked well for traders for years in Australia

What's immoral is how much the tax take is wasted by governments. That's the real crime in all of this, not evasion and certainly not avoidance.

Perhaps they should garnish their future wages ... or benefits :LOL:

UK law is one huge cash cow, a real money spinner. Quite similar to the markets and trading, it's all about other peoples money (the taxpayer:LOL:).

How many rioting ballbags paid for their court appearance?

Gotta luv the UK.

In many instances there is an interest to waste cash to ensure increased budgets for subsequent years

The main human instinct of greed and fear applies to both public & private sector. Except with the latter you have the stick of the bottom line to contend with

What's immoral is how much the tax take is wasted by governments. That's the real crime in all of this, not evasion and certainly not avoidance.

If that's a full GCSE then your child is four years ahead of the current National Curriculum?
He's obviously a candidate for Grammar school, but you seem to be doing very well on your own. I only mention Grammar school because the topics studied are created for the brighter pupils and they have different styles of teaching. You are doing something right that's for sure. :smart:

Hi, I would agree with the suggestion of getting an accountant to look into your affairs. I used one years ago when I had my own business. He saved me quite a lot of money. Make sure you select a good one, not a cheap one. Mine used to be highly respected by the taxman and I never had any problems.

Hey Jim .... get off the Sim :LOL:

Hi, I would agree with the suggestion of getting an accountant to look into your affairs. I used one years ago when I had my own business. He saved me quite a lot of money. Make sure you select a good one, not a cheap one. Mine used to be highly respected by the taxman and I never had any problems.