Tax advice needed

In a nutshell schools have a one size fits all program with no budget for anything else unless you are an under achiever then they get extra money and services from the local authority, those that excel there is no money for.

I take it you are not convinced that the comprehensive system is the shining beacon of "excellence for all" that it was claimed to be by the unlamented Blair Cretin?

no budget for anything else unless you are an under achiever then they get extra money and services from the local authority, those that excel there is no money for.

What!?...what the fook are you on about..??

I take it you are not convinced that the comprehensive system is the shining beacon of "excellence for all" that it was claimed to be by the unlamented Blair Cretin?

Mr do as I say not as I do from the party of soundbites

there are many many good teachers out there that have been frustrated with the system so far will it change given the new autonomous one, I dont know.

In a nutshell schools have a one size fits all program with no budget for anything else unless you are an under achiever then they get extra money and services from the local authority, those that excel there is no money for.

That's exactly right. Good for you for taking the initiative and taking your child out of the present blinkered under achieving National Curriculum presently on offer. I say blinkered as in you either learn their way or no way, I'm sure a large number of children are indeed very bright but just need to be taught a different way, but that is not on offer under the present Curriculum and it's a big shame.
But I will offer this to you though, (you may know of course) if your child is bright there are the 11+ exams he/she can take for an offer to be taught at Grammar School.
I wish you the best and every success for your childs education. :)

so far $2.5k on the DOW today still waiting on FTSE after hours

You done alright Truthseeker?

That's exactly right. Good for you for taking the initiative and taking your child out of the present blinkered under achieving National Curriculum presently on offer. I say blinkered as in you either learn their way or no way, I'm sure a large number of children are indeed very bright but just need to be taught a different way, but that is not on offer under the present Curriculum and it's a big shame.
But I will offer this to you though, (you may know of course) if your child is bright there are the 11+ exams he/she can take for an offer to be taught at Grammar School.
I wish you the best and every success for your childs education. :)

he is 11 and as of this week now has a gcse maths under his belt so will probably continue with it for now.

he is 11 and as of this week now has a gcse maths under his belt so will probably continue with it for now.

If that's a full GCSE then your child is four years ahead of the current National Curriculum?
He's obviously a candidate for Grammar school, but you seem to be doing very well on your own. I only mention Grammar school because the topics studied are created for the brighter pupils and they have different styles of teaching. You are doing something right that's for sure. :smart:

If that's a full GCSE then your child is four years ahead of the current National Curriculum?
He's obviously a candidate for Grammar school, but you seem to be doing very well on your own. I only mention Grammar school because the topics studied are created for the brighter pupils and they have different styles of teaching. You are doing something right that's for sure. :smart:

Wtf do you know about Grammar schools, you privately educate in your dynasty don't you?

No he still rides a bike

Not just any bike though eh? Lightweight carbon fibre for his triathlon at the weekends no doubt.. He's probably in training to wear the yellow jersey aged twelve..:rolleyes:

So how does that work ? Do you educate him at home??

I wonder whether you voted in the party that contributed most to our declining education standards

Not just any bike though eh? Lightweight carbon fibre for his triathlon at the weekends no doubt.. He's probably in training to wear the yellow jersey aged twelve..:rolleyes:

Carbon fibre! thats so last year he has NASA working on an aerogel bike. he can shoot though skeet, smallbore or his fav ppk