TA = Trading Attitude :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
DING DING DING...we have a winner.
I completely agree, which is why I am a scalp trader. The longer I am exposed to market forces the less comfortable I get.

Peter

Absolutely!

I hit a 'technical' with multilple trades until i get the desired effect. Why should i think that i am so good to nail the set-up with one trade?

The market don't work that way!

Absolutely!

I hit a 'technical' with multilple trades until i get the desired effect. Why should i think that i am so good to nail the set-up with one trade?

The market don't work that way!

There is ALWAYS a better way:smart:

Correct!

Room for refinement, room for knowing something else. Tangible!

SO, if there is ALWAYS a better way, then, all I need do is discover it, correct(y)

When I have discovered the better way, that eludes many, what then may I be called:?:

hahaha...Kimo, you walked right into that one!

Peter

Pete, this is not about walking into anything, just plain old simple facts.

Many here think I am just another time waster on T2W, but, I can assure you I am not, far from it actually!

Now, for those who are clever enough, and, who are willing to do what is required to be done, they might just be pleasantly surprised at how much The Expert can really help them shorten that never ending learning curve that so many face.

This is not about me, even though it may seem like that to many, this is about doing what is required to be done in order to make some good money for your Family and yourself. This is a serious business.

TE

Pete, this is not about walking into anything, just plain old simple facts.This is not about me. This is a serious business.

Because you have called yourself, The Expert, you have become a target.

This is wrong.

You are right, it is (this business), not about you, it is a a serious business.

Distracting and attracting, two main trading psychological manouvres.

Telling the difference is part of the retail defence/offence.

Riddles and ryhmes,
Or just wasting our time,
Seeking our path,or tredding our trail,
Where the hell t'is this Holy Grail

Video borrowed from Mr Gecko post way back:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good advice ,now where do I find a dart throwing coin flipping monkey?

LOL, you should watch that video you posted ;)

Forgot the disclaimer: Trading involves risk. The information in my previous post is intended for educational purposes only and is not intended as investment, yada, yada, yada... ;)

I am of course being facetious, I'm a 99% "tech" myself.

I would however make the important distinction that I use TA for the PROFIT motive and not the PROPHET motive.

If you use TA for the latter, then you are highly likely to experience "cognitive dissonance" (my high-brow phrase of the day) with regard to risk management. If for the former, then you are likely to place more importance on risk management, than on the analysis itself.

Now pay attention, coz that attitude towards risk management right there (IMHO) is it, that's the secret, the "finger licking good" ingredient.

LOL, you should watch that video you posted ;)

Forgot the disclaimer: Trading involves risk. The information in my previous post is intended for educational purposes only and is not intended as investment, yada, yada, yada... ;)

I am of course being facetious, I'm a 99% "tech" myself.

I would however make the important distinction that I use TA for the PROFIT motive and not the PROPHET motive.

If you use TA for the latter, then you are highly likely to experience "cognitive dissonance" (my high-brow phrase of the day) with regard to risk management. If for the former, then you are likely to place more importance on risk management, than on the analysis itself.

Now pay attention, coz that attitude towards risk management right there (IMHO) is it, that's the secret, the "finger licking good" ingredient.

All I am hearing so far is more of the SAME OLD STUFF:rolleyes:

When are you guys going to start uisng your heads and start posting something of value for newbies, as it is the newbies who need the correct guideance, not the ones who think they know everything about nothing:LOL:

Funny game this trading is, and, it gets even more funnier each and every day:cheesy:

All I am hearing so far is more of the SAME OLD STUFF:rolleyes:

When are you guys going to start uisng your heads and start posting something of value for newbies, as it is the newbies who need the correct guideance, not the ones who think they know everything about nothing:LOL:

Funny game this trading is, and, it gets even more funnier each and every day:cheesy:

Mate,

Point 1; I have attempted to read your posts and still have absolutely no idea what your angle is, so please share and enlighten.

Point 2; I in no way shape or form "think I know everything".

Point 3; You want good advice for newbies?? "If you're going to trade TA, think in probabilities, don't think you can predict the market on any one trade and above all, risk management, risk management, risk management, MANAGE DA RISK HOME BOY!!"

TA is not about predicting price movement, it's about gaining a statistical "edge" over a series of trades. I dunno maybe it's semantics, maybe I'm using the wrong type of language here.

Cheers,

Jon

Ps. please let's attempt to make this thread constructive...

My angle is very simple.

I am only willing to help those that help themselves, and others.

Risk management alone is of limited value, for, if you don't get it right it will only prolong the agony of losing your money.

Statistics have nothing to do with making money trading, but, some KEY things can make all the difference to your bank account, and, that is ALL THAT MATTERS:cool:

What are chatting about? If you think risk management is of limited value, you've just totally revealed yourself as knowing "jack all" about trading...

What exactly is your expertise in then? Being a wind up merchant?

Last edited:
What are chatting about? If you think risk management is of limited value, you've just totally revealed yourself as knowing "jack all" about trading...

What exactly is your expertise in then? Being a wind up merchant?

Risk management is of limited value to those who do not know how to trade, for, all it will do is prolong the agony of losing money.

Of course some trades must be exited at a loss, but, only when required and not when some silly TA indicator says so:LOL:

The facts are, very few people can trade correctly, even those who have been doing it for a long long time, and, the few of us who can, are, rightly called EXPERTS:cool:

Have a look at my avatar, for, that is what an EXPERT is(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.