TA does/doesn't work thread with a difference.

Are you trying to say you don't have losing trades?

Of course not Stirf, lol!
I'm merely using an extreme example to illustrate a point; one that the anti TA lobby tend to overlook.
Tim.

I've never known a TA user to actually give a coherent reason as to why they actually use TA. No wonder everybody takes the p!ss. Class A (top class), B, C and remedial (TA users)...the mongs.

Seeing as though i'm class A, i'll help the mong squad out. The mong squad need(for some absurd reason) a guage on chart price volatility(up/down, oscillations etc etc). A guage on chart price volatility is all that you get with TA, nothing more, nothing less and certainly no edge.

I suppose some need 'em, and some don't. I don't need 'em, but then again...i'm really good.

I've never known a TA user to actually give a coherent reason as to why they actually use TA.

If you want to use automation rather than looking at a chart, then TA is a reasonable enough proxy. Its not perfect, but its good enough.

Is that a coherent enough reason ? I cant say much more without letting cats out of bags

If you want to use automation rather than looking at a chart, then TA is a reasonable enough proxy. Its not perfect, but its good enough.

Is that a coherent enough reason ? I cant say much more without letting cats out of bags

Why use automation when you can sit at a screen all day waiting for a price action set up using no TA ...like a price action sitting and waiting class A mong. :LOL:

Well then there goes your 1%.... :sleep:
Stirf,
Apologies to you - as your comment leads me to suspect I've not explained my point very well. The percentage is irrelevant, it's the principle that's important. Failed TA patterns don't matter in the slightest if the trader has a reasonably accurate way of identifying them in a timely manner so that either they don't take those trades in the first place or get out with a small loss. TA may not work for you but, whether you like it or not, it clearly works very well for others.
Tim.

It's a start i suppose. TA users want continuation, that's all TA can offer, Sh!te.

Frequency, TA picks up on this, the trade goes in...hoping for a repeat of chart price frequency.

It begs the question.

Why use automation when you can sit at a screen all day waiting for a price action set up using no TA ...like a price action sitting and waiting class A mong. :LOL:

Damned! So you automate, and free yourself from the screens,... then get a job as a moderator.

Life is certainly a b!tch.

The problem is most people discussing technical analysis on public forums believe its predictive. The tiny minority who actually get around to robustly testing the predictive capabilities reach the inevitable conclusion that TA does not work. The real conclusion is that TA has no predictive capabilities (as if trading somehow required such nonsense)

This is a great example of the damage forums such as T2W inflict on new traders.

It's suuply and demand that counts. TA helps you identify where that same thing might occur again but it's nothing without using FA at the same time and current market moves, volume, etc.
If you don't use TA, what do you use to enter...just go on a whim and keep holding?
You have to factor in probability and volatility too.
In fact, the market is just maths innit. Maths is technical. Argument over.:smart:

I got a good few right too. Some of the trending and bounds kind of gives it away I found. Not sure whether that was random though hahaha.

Was this even financial time series data?

For me the give away was the appearance of euphoria. I pressed buy a couple of times myself, I can tell ya.

Still yet to hear from TAers. Seems to me that a TA systems viablity is similar to that of a section bet or something.

I didn't do bad on it - funny if you have enough screen time you can tell when something doesn't look right.

I think I got 4-5 wrong out of 37 on Bear

e2a - did it again, 46550, got 2 wrong on Bear

18000, 1 wrong on Mandrill

Jesus, who needs trading when you can spend all day differentiating random from non-random data

Last edited: