T2W's subterranean multi nic troll culture

Have you considered the possibility that there are only two people on this site? There could be just you and one very busy, very imaginative person with hundreds of multi-nicks.

I'm fascinated to hear any other views on this, why do we have so many trolls that keep coming back on T2W? I was discussing it with a few guys at an SB firm a few weeks back and I offered up the view that it's due to money being at stake/involved therefore it creates a form of tension not seen elsewhere on hooby/interest forums..I've only really got involved on 2 other forums, one footy, the Guardian CiF (which is comments as opposed to a forum) and an economics forum and although I've witnessed troll like behaviour before, not in such numbers from so many multi nics that's for sure..

My genuine worry for T2W is that if this heavy advertiser I was with actually took some time out to look at some of the threads and contributions forensically, as opposed to simply viewing the hits/unique visitor numbers, then they'd instruct their media buyers to avoid T2W as it's reached saturation point and the quality is hampered by trolls ruining a lot of the threads..

So why does T2W attract so many? Thoughts?

Usual business cycle - new business innovation (rising star); then, hopefully, a cash cow. Eventually the rising star burns out and turns into a dog ; is this where T2W is at now (a Dog) ?
:whistling

Usual business cycle - new business innovation (rising star); then, hopefully, a cash cow. Eventually the rising star burns out and turns into a dog ; is this where T2W is at now (a Dog) ?

Sirius perhaps :)
Richard

well then sharky gotta get busy with those life extension strategies. (think its still a cash cow tho)

on another note, I need someone to build me a bridge. I'm ugly enough, and I had got for dinner. Once I get the bridge to live under I'd make a good troll. :spam::spam:

Oh and what is a multi nick?

Timsk will you confirm that I have no other nics so that this bar steward will desist in his sullying of my good name.

:LOL:
Put yourself in Sharky's shoes s-n-d and imagine that you want to pay someone to post on the site - who would you ask? It's not Black Swan is it! (no offense BS.)

What you trying to say there eh? :LOL:

Be handy to know if there are sites where you get paid to post, even at a quid a post I'd have 5 grand to spend on a cracking holiday this year, could you make a biz model out of paying folk? Think it's been tried and failed in other fields, there's a lot of CIA sock puppets with multi IDs on news forums these days attempting to sway opinion, particularly on anti semite anti Israel administration threads..

If I'm honest I did wonder if when times are slow T2W towers don't introduce or re-introduce a few of their jokers to stir up the pot, those guys who post 1000 in their first month must simply be deranged..

I'd pay some people NOT to post!.....
Only kidding. I honestly couldn't afford it on account of being poor, besides, I quite enjoy some of the nuttier posts.

i wouldn't say multi nics are trolls, trolls know what they are doing and post things intentionally to wind others up

multi nics are real people using t2w as an outlet to seek attention or whatever, but they can't control themselves, and let their disorder shine through sooner or later, so the nic has to be burned and whole process started over. its a compulsive behaviour