Syria

They'd better run, especially when the Jocks start drinking their Tennants Super.

Yes and also when they start playing those bag pipes... OMG what's that about.

Is that some kind of acquired taste? Are there like any best selling albums I can get for my mother-in-law for next Xmas?

Here’s a good question …why do all dictators eventually fail?

Because big government and central planning doesn't work anywhere near as well as the free market. This is why the USA, the UK and Europe are in trouble. They aren't very different from a dictatorship, freedom is just an illusion.

Britannica Concise Encyclopedia: dictatorship
Form of government in which one person or an oligarchy possesses absolute power without effective constitutional checks. With constitutional democracy, it is one of the two chief forms of government in use today. Modern dictators usually use force or fraud to gain power and then keep it through intimidation, terror, suppression of civil liberties, and control of the mass media. In 20th-century Latin America, nationalist leaders often achieved power through the military and attempted either to maintain the privileged elite or to institute far-reaching social reform, depending on their class sympathies. In Europe's communist and fascist dictatorships, a charismatic leader of a mass party used an official ideology to maintain his regime, and terror and propaganda to suppress opposition. In postcolonial Africa and Asia, dictators have often retained power by establishing one-party rule after a military takeover.

Because all leaders fail in the end. Democracy is the same. No one lasts forever but dictators have to be thrown out, often than not, by violence.

The definition of 'democracy' is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what they will eat for dinner!

Democracy fails because the population will eventually vote itself into bankruptcy, just look at Obama...promising the voters anything he thinks will get him re-elected, whether the country can afford it or not is irrelevant.

tunisia, egypt, libya, syria.....looks to me like they all failed because of change... people power.

The definition of 'democracy' is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what they will eat for dinner!

Democracy fails because the population will eventually vote itself into bankruptcy, just look at Obama...promising the voters anything he thinks will get him re-elected, whether the country can afford it or not is irrelevant.

My jury is still out on Obama. I don't think that he has had good cards handed to him. Bush left him Iraq and Afghanistan and the debt crisis was not started by him, either. The alternative is a Republican Party and the whole thing goes back to square 1.

Who would be a politician? Poor guys, they have some tough decisions to make. :D

"Kippers or ham and eggs for breakfast, dear? The rabble are eating cake. They love it".

My jury is still out on Obama. I don't think that he has had good cards handed to him. Bush left him Iraq and Afghanistan and the debt crisis was not started by him, either. The alternative is a Republican Party and the whole thing goes back to square 1.

C'mon Split...always blame the last President? What the USA needs is a president who cares more about the country than they do about their career and the only person running for president who has those qualities is Ron Paul. He understands economics and the US constitution, everyone else only understands politics and demagoguing .

Because they have no legitimacy given to them by the people.

They usually enter the scene on a wave a violence and then exit that way.

Dictators are seldom removed by people power. Dictators are puppets who get placed and then removed by bigger dictators.

Which of these dictators have been removed without western influence and help then?

Power to the people n all that I do support it - but as they say behind every strong man there is even a much stronger woman etc etc...

Last edited:
Dictators are seldom removed by people power. Dictators are puppets who get placed and then removed by bigger dictators.

Which of these dictators have been removed without western influence and help then?

Power to the people n all that I do support it - but as they say behind every strong man there is even a much stronger woman etc etc...

Yes, it sometimes does involve help.

I wonder if Syria is going that route.

Yes, it sometimes does involve help.

I wonder if Syria is going that route.

No and nor will Iran if Russia and China can help it.

With their help US will fight a long prolonged messy war with no side winning but the Russians and the Chinese I reckon...

With disruptions to oil supplies the whole globe will suffer for a very long time.

It's pretty clear imho. No brainer.

Only option is to put the strangle hold on these countries impacting them and us. Prices will go up and few will gain and many lose.

They are angling to presurise via trade embargos and let new power players make new agreements to suit our objectives. Same old story.

As long as there is no great loss of life no big deal really. There are always winners or losers as long as it is a soft controlled take over and not bloody mayhem imho.

My jury is still out on Obama. I don't think that he has had good cards handed to him. Bush left him Iraq and Afghanistan and the debt crisis was not started by him, either. "

How nice of you to not mention that on top of everything else, he is black :LOL::whistling

My jury is still out on Obama. I don't think that he has had good cards handed to him. Bush left him Iraq and Afghanistan and the debt crisis was not started by him, either. .

>>>>> Bush left him Iraq and Afghanistan and the debt crisis was not started by him, either <<<<<

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zP3iDg&usg=AFQjCNFVPSDyLeKRBUJqs41387rbUy7mJA

May the President live a long life and many, many thanks for opening the door to some truly outstanding music from Kenya and Haiti (also Bill Clinton's fav music destination - honeymooned in Haiti)

this song was the opener for 10 years on Santa Monica radio Saturday World Beat.

Kenya - Les Wanyika - Sina Makosa - YouTube

timeless classic from Haiti

Best haitian music Nemours Jn Baptiste Universal Kompas - YouTube

for those who can get past BLACK enjoy yourselves and dig this thread courtesy of deadbroke at Elitetrader

Forums - Mon Haiti cherie, vous avez sauv ma vie

I reckon these heavy loud brass sounds would make good background track to Aspirin adverts...

They have shelf life of 5-10 seconds and then it's turn that dreadful racket off.

I can see as an intro to radio station may work providing the 5-10 second rule is adhered to.

Brass sounds supposed to be used sparingly imho.

>>>>> Bush left him Iraq and Afghanistan and the debt crisis was not started by him, either <<<<<

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zP3iDg&usg=AFQjCNFVPSDyLeKRBUJqs41387rbUy7mJA

May the President live a long life and many, many thanks for opening the door to some truly outstanding music from Kenya and Haiti (also Bill Clinton's fav music destination - honeymooned in Haiti)

this song was the opener for 10 years on Santa Monica radio Saturday World Beat.

Kenya - Les Wanyika - Sina Makosa - YouTube

timeless classic from Haiti

Best haitian music Nemours Jn Baptiste Universal Kompas - YouTube

for those who can get past BLACK enjoy yourselves and dig this thread courtesy of deadbroke at Elitetrader

Forums - Mon Haiti cherie, vous avez sauv ma vie

deadbroke;1794874 for those who can get past BLACK enjoy yourselves and dig this thread courtesy of deadbroke at Elitetrader [url=http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=193904 said:
Forums - Mon Haiti cherie, vous avez sauv ma vie[/url]

Thanks for your contribution to the musical dept. of this thread. I'll pass on most modern music, if you don't mind. I might like it, if I hear it, but I don't search it out.

I am European. We are way ahead.

No you're not. This site is 99.999% europeans and its worse than a friggin graveyard. You are way ahead when it comes to "dead already" - we will catch up sooner or later.

Nothing personal. (Lived in Europe so already know what DEATH has in store for me)

Nothing personal.