Syria

That's an interesting point. Has China got highly devalued US bonds that are devaluing more each day?

Yes. Basically, the Chinese have been using their land, labour and capital to manufacture stuff that they send to the USA and in return the USA has been sending China pieces of paper with ink on it, compliments of the Federal Reserve.

Yes. Basically, the Chinese have been using their land, labour and capital to manufacture stuff that they send to the USA and in return the USA has been sending China pieces of paper with ink on it, compliments of the Federal Reserve.

So, who's been the brightest? Mind you, that has always been US policy but the world has always wanted US dollars and have bought their bonds.

Never mind, like I said, the real problem is world population growth.

So, who's been the brightest? Mind you, that has always been US policy but the world has always wanted US dollars and have bought their bonds.

Yes, but up until 1971 it made sense because the $US was backed by gold.

Never mind, like I said, the real problem is world population growth.

Not sure what you mean by the 'real' problem. There are many problems in the world and almost all of them are a direct result of Government policies, it doesn't help that the $US is the worlds reserve currency either.

I do agree that sometime soon, overpopulation will be a bigger crisis than global warming or climate change and no doubt Governments will find a way to capitalize on it. Instead of child benefits you will have child taxes...all in the name of saving the planet.

China is spending money that it has earned and saved. The USA is spending money that it has borrowed, from China.

>>>> The USA is spending money that it has borrowed, from China <<<<

Americans are not particular who they borrow from. :LOL::LOL:

The above almost guarantees the dollar never dying. :LOL::LOL:

This is one area where America has the chinks by the kahunas and God does deadbroke love it so. Three cheers for the USA for being in the driver seat on this count. :):):)

>>>> The USA is spending money that it has borrowed, from China <<<<

Americans are not particular who they borrow from. :LOL::LOL:

The above almost guarantees the dollar never dying. :LOL::LOL:

This is one area where America has the chinks by the kahunas and God does deadbroke love it so. Three cheers for the USA for being in the driver seat on this count. :):):)

You certainly are patriotic.:clap: but dollars are only money and it is buying less, all the time, the same as every other currency. You've heard of quantative easing? Sounds good, doesn't it? We're all at it so that we can buy something with it while it is still at todays values on the forex.

I think that this is where I came in. Too many people!:D

Wakey wakey - China can exchange those papers with ink on it for barrels of oil... :cheesy:

China can also buy US assets with those dollars.

China may also profit from the dollar appreciating - who knows...

You certainly are patriotic.:clap: but dollars are only money and it is buying less, all the time, the same as every other currency. You've heard of quantative easing? Sounds good, doesn't it? We're all at it so that we can buy something with it while it is still at todays values on the forex.

Too many people???

Awwww come-ooooonnn Splitlink, what does that mean? What is the right number of people then????

Too Many Notes!.wmv - YouTube

Wakey wakey - China can exchange those papers with ink on it for barrels of oil... :cheesy:

I'm not going to waste my time going over this again with you...but right now China needs to exchange around 119.94 of those papers for 1 barrel of oil whereas a few years ago they only needed 50 of those papers. It cost China many hours of labour and resources to earn those papers but it cost the US almost nothing to produce them...wakey wakey...:rolleyes:

I'm not going to waste my time going over this again with you...but right now China needs to exchange around 119.94 of those papers for 1 barrel of oil whereas a few years ago they only needed 50 of those papers. It cost China many hours of labour and resources to earn those papers but it cost the US almost nothing to produce them...wakey wakey...:rolleyes:

What if China has already spent those dollars from few years ago buying gold back then and now uses the dollars it earns more recently to buy oil instead?

Dollar has also been strengthening recently.

What if China decides to invest in American companies as Japanese did few decades back?

What is important is the circular flow of money. There are always winners and losers. You should consider these also - should you not? ;)

I'd be a whole lot more patriotic if our government simply stops all wars, quits trying to be the policeman of the world, we mind our own affairs, have as many of the other type of affairs as possible and be given a tax credit for such - basically follow the directives and advice of our forefathers, "do not get involved or entangled in the affairs of other countries"

Now that would make deadbroke come alive.

I'd also be spectacularly thrilled if we quantitative ease by taking tons of money from the rich and help the really poor folk right here at home - I mean really help them, not just bullsh*t them and sweep their problems under the rug.

I'm voting for Obama again.

But the Americans have the debt (along with the rest of us) and the Chinese do not. That must mean something, unless America defaults.

I'd be a whole lot more patriotic if our government simply stops all wars, quits trying to be the policeman of the world, we mind our own affairs, have as many of the other type of affairs as possible and be given a tax credit for such - basically follow the directives and advice of our forefathers, "do not get involved or entangled in the affairs of other countries"

Now that would make deadbroke come alive.

I'd also be spectacularly thrilled if we quantitative ease by taking tons of money from the rich and help the really poor folk right here at home - I mean really help them, not just bullsh*t them and sweep their problems under the rug.

I'm voting for Obama again.

I don't take much notice of American politics. You'll sort it out!

It seems to me, though, that big business and power dominate the whole scene and the man in the street cheers one or the other but does not have much say in the actual choice. I think that you need one more party, at least.

I don't take much notice of American politics. You'll sort it out!

It seems to me, though, that big business and power dominate the whole scene and the man in the street cheers one or the other but does not have much say in the actual choice. I think that you need one more party, at least.

Agreed.

Al Qaeda now confirmed in SYRIA

Iran cuts off oil to UK and France.

US Defense Sec says that US will not tolerate a nuclear Iran - this coming from the ONLY country to have used nukes against another nation and is now preaching from a pulpit.

Its akin to driving in many underdev countries - the one with the larger vehicle has the right of way.

Welcome to Earth, where at any given time there are several wars going on and more contemplated.

And of course Earth is the most intelligent folk in the Galaxy and Universe and all other beings are inferior. Heck wait, there are NO other beings elsewhere. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Did anyone think that that would not happen?

UK and France :rolleyes:

How preposterous to buy from a country one is driving to place under trade embargo. :LOL:

Hang on a minute. We said not now but in 6 months time.

Damn pesky Iranians who simply do not play by our rules... :mad:

Hang on a minute. Didn't the UK and France recently sign some nuclear cooperation pact or somefink... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Joke a minute!!!

No, no, Atilla, please! Britain and France must have known that that would happen! Gordon Brown isn't there, now.

No, no, Atilla, please! Britain and France must have known that that would happen! Gordon Brown isn't there, now.

One would think so?

I wonder if Mr Brown will run for elections in Scotland if they ever achieve independence?

I would also like to know if an Englishmen will be allowed to run?

Let's be fair Jock!

One would think so?

I wonder if Mr Brown will run for elections in Scotland if they ever achieve independence?

I would also like to know if an Englishmen will be allowed to run?

Let's be fair Jock!

aye as long as you put your head between your legs and kiss your own ar*e :LOL:

juat a joke guys