Swingin' the currencies journal

no new positions yet, gotta be patient on dailies. The positions are still going well, all are in profit and NFP didnt seem to do much to my heavily short USD positions.

mm i might as well go over each position and why i entered otherwise there'd be no point .

NZDUSD,nice uptrend, big down bar and pullback so bought.

Attachments

• nzdusdreason.JPG
    nzdusdreason.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 179
AUDJPY, was previously uptrending, consolidated, it then broke out, pulled back with some nice big down bars to previous suppor which was touched 4 times. so i longed.

Attachments

• audjpyreason.JPG
    audjpyreason.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 182
EURUSD long. bught dip in uptrend buy buying after nice down bars to a strong trendline

edit: you can also see the small bull flag which was the trade i took above

Attachments

• eurusdreason.JPG
    eurusdreason.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
AUDUSD long: i bought this pair because gold was going higher. it was uptrending , pulled back to a trendline but i bought a bit too late but meh

Attachments

• audusdreason.JPG
    audusdreason.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 196
TP hit on :
EURUSD long +290 pips
AUDUSD long +210 pips.

the rest of my positions are very close to being hit too :)

Well done, but don't go getting too euphoric until you do it with real money. You can't learn martial arts by playing Streetfighter.

true. But demo certainly helps in terms of getting the style/method right.

This is to prove to my parents that i am worth putting my own money on the line.

true. But demo certainly helps in terms of getting the style/method right.

This is to prove to my parents that i am worth putting my own money on the line.
Just lie to your parents, that's what being a teenager is all about. Lies are at the root of all great success stories.

When mine are old enough I'm going to set them up a secret account and each time they tell a really creative lie I'm going to put £50 in.

well normally im risking 2% a trade so my 150% return in 2 weeks may sound very impressive if i say i risked tiny amounts (im on a crappy demo accnt and not able to risk that little)

Everything is sound at the moment, i just have a few limit orders in place in some lesser traded currencies. will post charts etc if they get filled. i have 3 positions still open and up 840 pips on those.

15 days in=1600 pips up.

LONG EURUSD- uptrend, buying support (the major trendline) after a sell off.
however there is a chance it could bounce back down to the support where my S/L is.
im risking 150 pips for 120 pips reward

edit: dollar strength today on the decent unemployment claims is maybe a factor in these sell offs, hopefully they are light :S

Attachments

• demo trade 22.JPG
    demo trade 22.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
however there is a chance it could bounce back down to the support where my S/L is.

i'm fairly new to trading, but isn't that a bad R/R ratio jammy?

it depends whether or not you really use that sort of thing a lot, like 2:1 people use a lot. i don't put too much focus on it though, unless its really bad like you risk 5x your reward.

edit: dollar strength today on the decent unemployment claims is maybe a factor in these sell offs, hopefully they are light :S

widened TP as i realised there is a range we are bouncing about in. reward is now above risk :)

Attachments

• 112233.JPG
    112233.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 192
-other positions are doing good too. i've just got to maintain patience , wait for great trends and grab some of them

edit: i also have 4 limit orders in other trending markets, some of which have been sitting unfilled for 2 weeks :)
plus if anyone thinks i'm lying i can just prove you wrong with a picture of my demo account statement

edit again: looking at that post above the trendline is a little messy looking but take a further look back and it's a lot more convincing

Attachments

• eu trend.JPG
    eu trend.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
All i do is buy support in an uptrend, short resistance in a downtrend.

S/R to me could be an ema, trendline, 50% fib or a horizontal level.