Stop Loss

Sounds like a familiar story :cheesy:

par for the course when it comes to divorce I'm afraid mp

if it's true then she's certainly stitched you up good style by getting this lot to chew your ass :cheesy:

dd
==========================================================

the wonderful part of all this is once the mob has its fun, its done !

my ex on the other hand --- thats a problem !

mp

I wasn't asking about the hedge fund you claim to run - I asked you how you can manage individual client accounts and not be registered?

As far as I'm aware a hedge fund with less than 100 investors is only open to "qualified purchasers" (net assets of over 5 million) and larger funds are only open to "accredited investors" (net assets of over 1 million).

It seems that (in addition to the "hedgefund" you claim to run) you are managing individual client accounts - all I'm asking is how is this possible without being registered?
======================================================================

i do not manage "individual" clients accounts, and certainly not since this situation --- as far as managing "individual" accounts is concerned in the law, it is a personal situation between two people, and unless incorporated into a company or fund, remains as a personal situation, as happens on this site from what i can see posted from time to time, with newbs actually telling others they will manage accounts !

mp

I wasn't asking about the hedge fund you claim to run - I asked you how you can manage individual client accounts and not be registered?

As far as I'm aware a hedge fund with less than 100 investors is only open to "qualified purchasers" (net assets of over 5 million) and larger funds are only open to "accredited investors" (net assets of over 1 million).

It seems that (in addition to the "hedgefund" you claim to run) you are managing individual client accounts - all I'm asking is how is this possible without being registered?
==========================================================

one additional note DT --- a hedge fund must be open to "accredited investors" to meet the laws of the SEC, which is what you state, but understand these peoples net worth only has to be one million dollars (including principal residence in the USA, BUT not UK) OR $200K income for previous year and anticipated for this year !

considering the simple house i gave to my ex is worth $650K, that doesnt leave much to go to get to 1 Million, so the "restrictions", given current inflations and rising home prices in the past years, has made it MUCH easier for people to be "accredited"

only an observation, and like all things, there are many a loophole contained within "net worth" ! Heck, what about "subprime net worth" ?????? (LOL)

mp

Last edited:
MP -- allow that we take a look before using the shotgun !

while being attacked for a situation that contains more than its share of problems relating to the outcome of the OP's account and to this day remains not fully understood, please allow me to ask OF WHAT CONCERN is this to what i have posted ??

anything i have said has never been directed towards "getting" more clients in any way, shape or form and yet im accused of being "deceitful" ---- who and what have i "deceived ?"

you produce a post from my ex wife, obviously dripping with anger, and use it against me with nothing else to back it up ---- while i dont know the number of men here who are divorced, ask the ones who are what THEIR EX WIVES SAY ABOUT THEM !

CAESER NEVER FACED AS MANY KNIVES AS A WOMAN INVOLVED IN A DIVORCE CAN PRODUCE !

as usual, almost anything ive said that someone disagrees with has been raised to show my failures, and yet there are no failures, only thoughts worth investigating and having been investigated by others, found to work !

since i have done nothing wrong that could in any way apply to this site, i will simply let the wave flow, dry my hair when past, and get on with my life ---- it may not be the way "crap buddhist" might word it, but is the way "zen trader" lives his life !

enjoy yourself my friends

life goes on, hopefully for a long time

mp

Regardless of the thread on ET you must surely understand why people are rather suspicious; your posts do seem to resemble online marketing and despite running a hedgefund you seem to have ample time to post very frequently on here.

I mean if you're getting say a 2/20 split from your fund why are you wasting your time trading such relatively small amounts in other accounts:

SEVERE warnings when using the method, and watching your margin is of UTMOST importance, but my 302 trades for a profit of $32K must mean something !

Also waste your time managing someone else's 9k account via a retail broker when you're running a hedge fund? Was it for purely altruistic reasons?

the reason ANY hedge fund gets clients is thru word of mouth, golf course meetings and the like ---- there is usually NO advertising involved with these funds at all, at least as of this time !

Are you unaware of the services offered by prime brokers in securing seed capital/funding? Do you not think that a fund of funds etc.. might be a better place to secure capital than a golf course?

and then this bit...

Have you ever heard of a guy called John Meriwether?

=============================================

afraid i dont remember the name fifty --- please educate !

mp

I'm hoping that was some form of sarcasm that didn't scan too well! I mean you claim to have started your own fund in 2000 yet are seemingly unaware of the collapse of LTCM in the same year?

Anyway I'm off to bed - I don't mean to get dragged into any sort of internet bunfight just highlighting why I feel some people may be doubting your honesty.

Give the nature of you posts some might wonder if you're not actually just a retail punter whos also got a sideline in managing other retail accounts?

Forums - Lost half of my years salary in a week!
Originally Posted by Elite Trader Thread said:
This is me talking to his ex. Still not a dime from him. I just wanted to update for any who are interested..

> Hi Chris,
>
> I just finished reading the first 30 pages of the forum link you sent. I can clear up a bit. Mike only began to start even looking at the stock market 3 years after our divorce. So his sum total of experience is less than 4 years. He has no formal training, and as far as I know has no license to trade anywhere. He may have money saved somewhere (he says repeatedly that he has begun trust funds for the children, but we have never seen any indication of the existence of such, and now with both in college, it would be the time for him to help them if he was ever going to). The children and I do not believe he has any money at all. He managed to get a total disability rating from the state after our divorce in order to get out of child support. He tells us all he is living on disability and social security. He has no office, lives in a tiny trailer, and has no car. He has a history of being delusional. He may or may not believe all the stuff he posted, but there is very little based in truth.
>
> If he hasn't changed his email and/or phone number I will try to reach him and ask him to do the right thing by giving you back your money. I don't however, hold much hope.
>
> You may want to warn other people that he is not the experienced trader he states. After reading his posts on the forum I can't hellp but be worried that you aren't his only victim.
>
> Debbie

Debbie,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am sorry for your grief as well I know how it is to be from a childs point of view when my dad never paid child support. I remember him talking about being an associate or something for some trading company a long time ago He told me he has been trading for years, the way I fell for his charms was through stockhideout.com his alias being MP6140. He was very well respected and had all sorts of training for his mentees. He enticed me talking about great fortunes in FOREX, said I could make like 500 dollars a week off of a 10k account.. Said I would pay him a percentage of profit.. Sounded good at the time, me being ignorant to the world (only 22 years of age)(him knowing I was in the military) thought that the guy really wanted to help me. I was really into saving and stuff wanted to have fortune one day and well he lost all but 700 dollars in a week. I have been trying to get him to recoup some of the losses since last October when it happened. I haven't been able to forget about the great loss since than. Money would really help on this mortgage I have to pay now.. I know hes still online but he wont talk to me anymore.. he remains invisible. I have learned a very big lesson one which I hope I will never have to go through again. I have all his email's saved and conversations through yahoo messenger but I know it would be impossible to try to get it from him through the legal system, just thought his morals would help set him free from guilt but now I know what kind of person he is I can move on much easier hopefully. Here is a website where I tried to ask a stock trading community legal advice to try to get a rise out of him, he later joins in on the forum to try to defend himself. http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthrea...=6&pagenumber=1 It sucks that he has permanently made me scared of investing anymore. Its like I gaveup.
Well like I said thanks for emailing me back and ill keep you updated. If you see him tell him he is no friend of mine :/

Very Respectfully,
Christopher Saunders

Hi,

Yes, I know Mike Parker. He is my ex-husband. We have been divorced for many years. He lives at the Snow Valley Trailer Park off of Rt. 9. He is a self-proclaimed stock trader, but as far as I know hasn't ever had any formal training whatsoever. He was a cameraman by trade when we were married.

I am very sorry for your loss. I doubt if you will get any help from him to recover your money. Since he left us, we (I have 2 daughters) haven't received a penny, not even child support. I have had 2 or 3 jobs since he left in order to support my children, and now with them both in college I work 7 days and 5 nights a week. I am only telling you this so that you get an understanding of the sort of person you are dealing with. We have washed our hands of him.

You may have some legal recourse if he presented himself to you as a professional stock trader. I would investigate that as a possibility. Again, I am so sorry. Let me know what happens.

Debbie

Sent: Tue 8/14/2007 6:20 AM
To: Watkins-Parker, Deborah
Subject: Do you know mike parker?

Sorry I am emailing you like this. I was just wondering if you knew a Michael Parker? He supposedly is a stock trader. He managed a trading account of mine I think he just wanted to hurt somebodys life..dont think he wanted to really help me after all. He lost 9 thousand dollars of mine in a week. He didn't try to help me get any of it back :/ its like half of my salary per year, Well just wondering if you knew him. Thanks
'Nuff said?

I don't know Mike Parker's wife but she doesn't sound vindictive to me. Nor does the person who approached her - simply sad and despairing of getting any satisfaction from Mr Parker.

A very sad sad story.

I've watched MP6140 for a while and followed some of his earlier links. He is rude, shouting in all the forums he joins with great bold multicolored posts. He is rude, jumping into and all over other peoples threads to promote is "great insights."

And now it seems that he is not merely rude, sexist, and self-aggrandizing but perhaps delusional as well.

You've driven firewalker off with your delusional claims that he was plagiarizing you and your refusal to demonstrate any value in your stop lossless strategy while you trampled through a thread he started. You messed up Trader_Dante's thread. You are not good for T2W and it's a shame you're still here.

And now we discover that you've put other peoples money where your mouth is with a miserable outcome for those concerned. I am glad that there are not too many here like you.

Regardless of the thread on ET you must surely understand why people are rather suspicious; your posts do seem to resemble online marketing and despite running a hedgefund you seem to have ample time to post very frequently on here.

Please understand that im a yank and most on this site are brits, and while our language appears to be pretty much the same, our customs and executions are not always the same !

I mean if you're getting say a 2/20 split from your fund why are you wasting your time trading such relatively small amounts in other accounts:

simply because i love trading, and its just fun --- it was also a "concept" i came up with over a year ago, spent some time testing out, so i put my money where my mouth was ! BUT, please note that this is one and a half months trades on a "throw away" account --- let us take this further and say TWO months work -- at that rate, in a year the account accrues to approximately $190K, which is NOT to be sneezed at ! This is FIVE PIPS, working its little heart out and DELIVERING nicely !

Also waste your time managing someone else's 9k account via a retail broker when you're running a hedge fund? Was it for purely altruistic reasons?

believe it or not, as you may ---- Yes ! I wanted to help him !

Are you unaware of the services offered by prime brokers in securing seed capital/funding? Do you not think that a fund of funds etc.. might be a better place to secure capital than a golf course?

I have no need of seed capital, and havent for many a year (was provided many years ago by a local businessman)--- and lets be real, but where do you meet the "accredited investor" anyway, although my particular clients are usually brought to meet me, not the other way around !

and then this bit...

I'm hoping that was some form of sarcasm that didn't scan too well! I mean you claim to have started your own fund in 2000 yet are seemingly unaware of the collapse of LTCM in the same year?

sorry, i have a lousy memory --- always have, and my mind is on the subject at hand and not history !

Anyway I'm off to bed - I don't mean to get dragged into any sort of internet bunfight just highlighting why I feel some people may be doubting your honesty.

Give the nature of you posts some might wonder if you're not actually just a retail punter whos also got a sideline in managing other retail accounts?

everything is open and observable --- your thoughts are well taken, but examination should prove what i say ! TAKE A LOOK INTO THE NEW YORK STATE DATABASE OF CORPORATIONS --- im in there !!!!!

mp

Last edited:
I don't know Mike Parker's wife but she doesn't sound vindictive to me. Nor does the person who approached her - simply sad and despairing of getting any satisfaction from Mr Parker.

Chris is unhappy, but its obvious youve never been divorced, as here are some thoughts, taken from the helmet of a harley davidson driver -------

"you never really know a woman till you meet her in court"
"if i had shot her then, i would be out by now !"

you need a divorce or two to bring your education (and wallet) up to speed !

A very sad sad story.

I've watched MP6140 for a while and followed some of his earlier links. He is rude, shouting in all the forums he joins with great bold multicolored posts. He is rude, jumping into and all over other peoples threads to promote is "great insights."

the colors are for fun --- if brits dont like it, so be it ! ---- NOTHING about me is "subtle"

And now it seems that he is not merely rude, sexist, and self-aggrandizing but perhaps delusional as well.

now there are many a thing one can say about me, but SEXIST only proves how uni - directed your comments are --- i LOVE women, in business and in pleasure --- i am one of the few to include the feminine side as in "she/he is a good trader" and i will tell you simply and to the point, that youre totally blind in that regard ! Is THAT rude enough ?

You've driven firewalker off with your delusional claims that he was plagiarizing you and your refusal to demonstrate any value in your stop lossless strategy while you trampled through a thread he started.

i accused him of plaguirism, and i maintain that, no matter what others feel, to this day and tomorrow also ! How i use stop losses has been proven repeatedly, but SHOULD NOT BE USED WITHOUT RATHER GOOD EXPERIENCE. Firewalker stopped posting on his own accord --- I held no gun to his head !
You messed up Trader_Dante's thread. You are not good for T2W and it's a shame you're still here.

when T_D tells me ive messed up his thread, which is one i send EVERY newb who is looking for a good system to investigate, then i will stop posting my very few posts there, which btw, T_D and i have discussed many times privately !! I like his system, and he likes my additions, as far as i know as of this very second !

And now we discover that you've put other peoples money where your mouth is with a miserable outcome for those concerned. I am glad that there are not too many here like you.

well, its nice to see youre GLAD about something !

when one compares lions and jackals its always rather interesting --- the lion looks at you, basically tells you that you will be lunch and goes for it one on one, which leaves you able to fight if possible !

the JACKAL goes in groups and circles its prey so it can attack from behind and bring it down --- pure cowards they are !

NICE TO SEE YOUVE JOINED THE PACK of JACKALS, but i always have someone to cover my butt and im not quite ready to become lunch, IF EVER !

mp

Last edited:
ONE LAST THING DT --- you will find my corporation listed in the NYS corporate databases ---

after that peoples, make your own decisions

at least DT, while investigating me, was a gentleman about it which is nice, all things considered !

but to the others -- the corporation exists, has existed for a while and as long as I or my children live, will probably continue to exist !

YOU WILL FIND IT IN THE NEW YORK STATE DATABASE OF CORPORATIONS -- where it has been for years now !

i guess the next proof is showing how 5 pips turns into $200K in a year, when handled by a decent and competent trader !

OR WILL YOU ARGUE WITH BLACK AND WHITE ACCOUNT SUMMARIES ALSO ???????

after a while my pack of jackals, you will see the truth, drop the petty jealousies and perhaps accept some good old down home truths, which may put off some of the "clique" here, but doesnt bother me one whit !

enjoy and trade well my friends
mp

Last edited:
when one compares lions and jackals its always rather interesting --- the lion looks at you, basically tells you that you will be lunch and goes for it one on one !

the JACKAL goes in groups and circles its prey so it can attack from behind and bring it down --- pure cowards they are !
mp

Off Topic
Forgive the intrusion, but your knowledge of the African veld is somewhat flawed.
Lions crouch in the tall grass, and surprise attack their prey in groups of 3 or more, all female.:smart:

Just thought I would clear that up

Off Topic
Forgive the intrusion, but your knowledge of the African veld is somewhat flawed.
Lions crouch in the tall grass, and surprise attack their prey in groups of 3 or more, all female.:smart:

Just thought I would clear that up
====================================================

oh well, so much for that analogy !

thnx for the info

mp

MP -- you know, the rude one !

when looking for my corporation, understand the name is contained within my signature, just add "holdings, inc" and youll find it !

will there be any other questions, or can i place my overnite trades, have my last bowl of balkan saseini for the evening, brush my teeth with my little electric toothbrush and say gn to my kids ?

btw --- a very well respected oral surgeon says that one should brush your teeth with baking soda and rinse with apple cider vinegar --- the acid in the vinegar reacts with the baking soda to "bubble" away junk and if you run your tongue over your teeth, they are sparkling clean ! --- the activity can be done with a manual or automated toothbrush, and while i dont use stops, a tight stop would seem to work, unless your dentures drop on the ground, resulting in breaking the stop and losing your dentures !

GOOD --- se yall tomorrow, or later in the day, as the case may be !

enjoy and trade well ---- no matter how you choose to do it

mp

RUDE, CRUDE AND SOCIALLY UNACEPTABLE !​

and extremely unflappable !

GOOD NIGHT MRS. CALLABASH, WHEREVER YOU ARE !

Last edited:
================================================================

jay, averaging down is the PRIME investors method in the stock market -- to place me in the pit of hell for suggesting it is very unconvential thinking --- i am prepared to hold for very long periods if i make an error, which i try very hard not to !

PLEASE ALSO UNDERSTAND WHILE I AVERAGE DOWN, i also take an equal COUNTER TRADE or hedge which immediately locks the margin --- if i DOUBLE the trade to the counter side, im even creating equity and MORE margin !

IF YOU SHOULD SIMPLY LOOK --- no one is telling you to do it ---- with an open mind and good money management, you will see what is happening --- i dont demand anyone do it, but i do ask that you look !

THATS ALL !

MP

sorry, ok i did not realise that you have a hedge against it when you do this...........all i know is i have always been advise never to average down but i guess im a bit ignorant because i don't understand your method.

sorry, ok i did not realise that you have a hedge against it when you do this...........all i know is i have always been advise never to average down but i guess im a bit ignorant because i don't understand your method.

jayjay,

Look at the FACTS as posted by mp himself:

1) SEVERE warnings when using the method, and watching your margin is of UTMOST importance

2) but my 302 trades for a profit of $32K must mean something !

Must mean what!? I ask!

It means it is a pointless and pathetic system, methodology, [insert definition]. That is all it can mean. I achieve better average/trade results with much, MUCH less capital, NO SEVERE WARNINGS and TIGHT STOPS.

Now THAT means something.

I agree with you new trader, using a stop less system is highly risky, must be pathetic but it works anyway. The main problem start when in a long trend you are playing aginst, that has happened to me and it can take long to recover that position, i sadly realized last two weeks, but still it works. I understand there must be more profitable ways to trade, thanks for your tips.