Stop Loss

================================================================

many years ago, in litigation and not settled to this day --- be kinda careful what you bring forth as its an ongoing situation.

mp

We don't have anything to be careful of (except your continued deceit).

jj

"EDIT 2 -- actually, not looking for an arguement, these are VERY legitimate trades, as i would not snort at $16K per month --- its a "method" i used to teach, rather reliable, but i have also had to hold for days on some trades before they come home to roost which does prove the theory of no sl's"

Do I need to add more :?:

oh go on then I will :)

It proves nothing

and there is nothing to argue about mp

take him down
===================================================================

LOOK BEAR ---- to me, if the trade works and makes profit THEN IT IS A GOOD TRADE !

when first we met, you told me you have the patience of a knat, and i accept what i do is NOT for you --- especially since you beat it into me so much !

I ASK ONLY THAT PEOPLE INVESTIGATE THE CONCEPT and decide based on a fair examination and not what they READ years ago !

while its not a concept to teach to newbs,. MORE NEWBS WOULD REMAIN in the market if they didnt lose as much thru stop losses, because the market "cycles", which we all know, but newbs get thrown out of trades because of these cycles

being as simple about this as possible, forget me and ask those who use no sl's and judge THEIR POV ---- i dont like being the messenger, raising ideas that appear foreign, and getting tarred and feathered for something that has proven to work !

SIMPLY EXAMINE IT YOURSELF !

MP

We don't have anything to be careful of (except your continued deceit).

jj

============================================================

MATH -- i DIDNT KICK FIREGUY OFF THIS SITE, HE DID IT HIMSELF !

he went over the top and that was that !

now you accuse me of "deceit", but WHAT AM I DECEIVING ABOUT ?

I send out the indicator for support and resistance, get thanked and pm'd later that it works.

i talk of the LRC along with the DeMark channels, and when people use them, it works.

i talk of not using stop losses to those who can trade decently, and i find it works for them

I have a little ma xover plus MACD divergence indicator and when people use it they tell me it works !

I offer to prove 302 consecutive trades, taken in a month and a half --- all in profit and earning $ 32,000 USD and am told its "insignificant" and that my "average" is too low ---- honestly, who cares about the average, i go for the gross profit at the end of the month !"

HATE ME IF YOU CHOOSE, but WHAT have i said or done that is DECEITFUL ???????

MP

Last edited:
Wide Stop

I often don't have a stop in place either. I my case it's because I look at other things beyond just price to decide when to get out of a position. Having a stop in just makes things more complicated and I generally exit a trade well before I would have been stopped out.

Of course every once in a while I forget and get pulled away from the screens to find the market has gone well against me. That's just being foolish on my part. If I'm going to be off the desk I always have a stop in.

Hi RT

Thanks for honest post, I confess I trade small moves and often used to do the same thing

When I used Stops my mind went blank like I had finished and the Stop took over the thinking :confused:

Sorry can not remember the threads or posts ..............end result was other members convinced me over a number of weeks of the absolute need for Stops with their arguements

I use them at 2.5 % Hard entered at entry, the distance is far enough away not to interfere with my usual trade method and my usual manual exit on a bad trade but close enough to protect my account

Just seems a total shame to me if you trade well for 3 weeks then do the lot back on one trade because you missed a news announcement or something out of the Blue crops up.

imho .......below covers it and is very valid, yet to see an arguement for no Stops that convinces me and I used to be fixed in that camp

The Five Fundamental Truths

1. Anything can happen.
2. You don’t need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.
5. Every moment in [a game] is unique.

The Seven Principles of Consistency

1. I objectively identify my edges.
2. I predefine the risk of every [betting decision].
3. I completely accept the risk or I am willing to let go of the [hand].
4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.
5. I pay myself as the [game] makes money available to me.
6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.
7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success and, therefore, I never violate them.

Anyway, good trading all :clover:

Andy

Hi RT

Thanks for honest post, I confess I trade small moves and often used to do the same thing

When I used Stops my mind went blank like I had finished and the Stop took over the thinking :confused:

Andy
===============================================================

youre funny bear --- doing just fine till you were convinced what you were doing was wrong !

well, if your "hanging trade" is against the trend, its probably true -- best to get out !

your trade MUST be with the TREND, although if one is doing most trades against the trend, youre going for some pretty small trades, as the runs go with the trend, except twice a day, half hour before reversals !

anyway, good to hear you already tried it and imerged unscathed !

oh yeah --- NEWS definitely alters what happens, but invariably you find its like a snake who has just eaten a mouse --- a long line with a bump in the middle, but past the bump the lines run the same way ---- news is invariably only a temporary interuption in the force, not the death of the empire !

mp

^read that earlier Math.

Im quite the speed reader, and whizzed through most of that thread after you posted that link.

Suprised it hasn't gotten more of a reaction actually.

Interesting to say the least, although I wont judge until I am current on all the facts.

^read that earlier Math.

Im quite the speed reader, and whizzed through most of that thread after you posted that link.

Suprised it hasn't gotten more of a reaction actually.

Interesting to say the least, although I wont judge until I am current on all the facts.
====================================================================

there is no more that i can say as its an ongoing litiginous situation, forcing me to shut up about it.

careful reading, including WHAT I SAID, might show you something amiss !

but to be honest, this is ongoing litigation and while it will never stop me from posting on this site, it should not be opened as it is a can of worms already and has NO bearing on this site at all !

whatever

mp

Last edited:
"youre funny bear --- doing just fine till you were convinced what you were doing was wrong !"

I was as it happens mp

Still am :)

STOPS included so safer and Risk defined before entry :)

No problemo

Took a whole 3 weeks to adapt my method, close to getting a sweat on I can tell you, it was that hard to do :)

Forums - Lost half of my years salary in a week!

Elite Trader Thread said:
This is me talking to his ex. Still not a dime from him. I just wanted to update for any who are interested..

> Hi Chris,
>
> I just finished reading the first 30 pages of the forum link you sent. I can clear up a bit. Mike only began to start even looking at the stock market 3 years after our divorce. So his sum total of experience is less than 4 years. He has no formal training, and as far as I know has no license to trade anywhere. He may have money saved somewhere (he says repeatedly that he has begun trust funds for the children, but we have never seen any indication of the existence of such, and now with both in college, it would be the time for him to help them if he was ever going to). The children and I do not believe he has any money at all. He managed to get a total disability rating from the state after our divorce in order to get out of child support. He tells us all he is living on disability and social security. He has no office, lives in a tiny trailer, and has no car. He has a history of being delusional. He may or may not believe all the stuff he posted, but there is very little based in truth.
>
> If he hasn't changed his email and/or phone number I will try to reach him and ask him to do the right thing by giving you back your money. I don't however, hold much hope.
>
> You may want to warn other people that he is not the experienced trader he states. After reading his posts on the forum I can't hellp but be worried that you aren't his only victim.
>
> Debbie

Debbie,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am sorry for your grief as well I know how it is to be from a childs point of view when my dad never paid child support. I remember him talking about being an associate or something for some trading company a long time ago He told me he has been trading for years, the way I fell for his charms was through stockhideout.com his alias being MP6140. He was very well respected and had all sorts of training for his mentees. He enticed me talking about great fortunes in FOREX, said I could make like 500 dollars a week off of a 10k account.. Said I would pay him a percentage of profit.. Sounded good at the time, me being ignorant to the world (only 22 years of age)(him knowing I was in the military) thought that the guy really wanted to help me. I was really into saving and stuff wanted to have fortune one day and well he lost all but 700 dollars in a week. I have been trying to get him to recoup some of the losses since last October when it happened. I haven't been able to forget about the great loss since than. Money would really help on this mortgage I have to pay now.. I know hes still online but he wont talk to me anymore.. he remains invisible. I have learned a very big lesson one which I hope I will never have to go through again. I have all his email's saved and conversations through yahoo messenger but I know it would be impossible to try to get it from him through the legal system, just thought his morals would help set him free from guilt but now I know what kind of person he is I can move on much easier hopefully. Here is a website where I tried to ask a stock trading community legal advice to try to get a rise out of him, he later joins in on the forum to try to defend himself. http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthrea...=6&pagenumber=1 It sucks that he has permanently made me scared of investing anymore. Its like I gaveup.
Well like I said thanks for emailing me back and ill keep you updated. If you see him tell him he is no friend of mine :/

Very Respectfully,
Christopher Saunders

Hi,

Yes, I know Mike Parker. He is my ex-husband. We have been divorced for many years. He lives at the Snow Valley Trailer Park off of Rt. 9. He is a self-proclaimed stock trader, but as far as I know hasn't ever had any formal training whatsoever. He was a cameraman by trade when we were married.

I am very sorry for your loss. I doubt if you will get any help from him to recover your money. Since he left us, we (I have 2 daughters) haven't received a penny, not even child support. I have had 2 or 3 jobs since he left in order to support my children, and now with them both in college I work 7 days and 5 nights a week. I am only telling you this so that you get an understanding of the sort of person you are dealing with. We have washed our hands of him.

You may have some legal recourse if he presented himself to you as a professional stock trader. I would investigate that as a possibility. Again, I am so sorry. Let me know what happens.

Debbie

Sent: Tue 8/14/2007 6:20 AM
To: Watkins-Parker, Deborah
Subject: Do you know mike parker?

Sorry I am emailing you like this. I was just wondering if you knew a Michael Parker? He supposedly is a stock trader. He managed a trading account of mine I think he just wanted to hurt somebodys life..dont think he wanted to really help me after all. He lost 9 thousand dollars of mine in a week. He didn't try to help me get any of it back :/ its like half of my salary per year, Well just wondering if you knew him. Thanks

'Nuff said?

==================================================================

what i love here is the judge and jury mentality that has taken something from a woman i fled from (shes nuts) and condemned me while my own hands are tied and with me being unable to defend myself.

we had this when i first came here, but the managers were clever enough to notice the liability they might be placed into and withdrew the posts.

i really dont want my ex, though a nut, and especially my children, drawn into what you people have against ME personally, but as usual nothing is too low for some of you @

do as you wish --

mp

Clients will NOT allow me to show other accounts i handle, so i never talk about them at all.

Are you registered/authorised to deal with client funds?

Your posts do look a bit like online marketing and are fairly dubious so would you mind clarifying the above post?

EDIT:

FINRA - Investor Information - Investor Protection - Check the Background

Should be fairly trivial for you to prove whether you're a waste of bandwidth or are the victim of a vindictive ex-wife.

Last edited:
Are you registered/authorised to deal with client funds?

Your posts do look a bit like online marketing and are fairly dubious so would you mind clarifying the above post?

EDIT:

FINRA - Investor Information - Investor Protection - Check the Background

Should be fairly trivial for you to prove whether you're a waste of bandwidth or are the victim of a vindictive ex-wife.
==============================================================

as i stated, more than a few times, i wear NO vendor label because when i first started posting on this site, i had a rather long discussion (as i said, more like a grilling) where i made it VERY clear i am not trolling for clients --- i HAVE had two posters approach me and refused both as i need no additional clients, and if any were to appear they would certainly not be from the ranks of a trading site.

I am registered in NEW YORK STATE as a financial holding corporation, and as an active hedge fund am NOT required to be registered with the SEC, per their own rules and regulations, as i engage in foreign exchange. The corporation was started in 2000, pays its taxes and does what its supposed to do --- theres little else to be said, one way or another !

I only refer to "my clients" because i had to explain why it was taking me time to bring forth a summary of my trades that i had talked about online ---- the people i represent had to allow me to show these results and it took time !

but while i have no need to defend myself, i have done nothing but advise and reveal some of the things i use while trading, such as best times of day, intraday reversals, some indicators i use, MANY charts, some predictions (my latest on the DOW being so far lacking, lol)and just the methods and methodologies i use ------ no where can one point to my "deceit" as my thoughts are nothing more than some standard ideas from within the trading world --- there can be nothing "deceitful" about that.

once again, I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TROLLING FOR CLIENTS, AND WILL REFUSE ANY AND ALL WHO ASK ! as i so stated to the mods when i first started posting.

whatever caused this was brought about by another poster who could not stop attacking me ---- i did not BAIT him, but simply answered each and evey taunt and insult he threw at me in a rather gentlemanly fashion ----- I was HIS OBSESSION, and while it would have been nice from a 22 year old woman, it was not appreciated in the least from him !

mp

Last edited:
I am registered in NEW YORK STATE as a financial holding corporation, and as an active hedge fund am NOT required to be registered with the SEC, as i engage in foreign exchange. The corporation was started in 2000, pays its taxes and does what its supposed to do --- theres little else to be said, one way or another !

Just playing devils advocate here but the reason hedgefunds are not regulated is mostly down to them not being available to the general public at large. (The investors have to meet minimum requirements such as a net worth of $1 million).

Your posts indicate that you manage individual client accounts looking at the thread over on the ET boards the 'investor' in question was hardly a high net worth individual. His allegation seemed to be that you'd lost 9k or so and that was half his annual salary.

Just playing devils advocate here but the reason hedgefunds are not regulated is mostly down to them not being available to the general public at large. (The investors have to meet minimum requirements such as a net worth of $1 million).

Your posts indicate that you manage individual client accounts looking at the thread over on the ET boards the 'investor' in question was hardly a high net worth individual. His allegation seemed to be that you'd lost 9k or so and that was half his annual salary.
===========================================================

DT -- i can go no further with explanations, as this is an ongoing situation and i cannot speak of it.

allow only that this was a private situation, where i was asked to do this privately for the individual in question and that i was NOT the only one with access to the account -- should you look at everything, you will discover that OTHER trades were taken in the account that cannot be linked to me.

and believe me here, i dont know enough about computers and hiding things to be able to make believe im someone else !

now that is ALL i can say about this, but my warning to math remains --- while i dont know what a judge might think of all this, i do know that if my children (yes, and even my nutzoid ex) are harmed in any way, theres going to be one hell of a legal situation sitting on sharkey, and with math living in the USA, hes liable to the same laws i am !

what is directed towards me i can always handle, but leave my children, my ex and my dogs out of it !

mp

I'm not interested in the specifics of that case I'm just curious as to how you are able to manage individual client accounts without being registered?

what i love here is the judge and jury mentality that has taken something from a woman i fled from (shes nuts) and condemned me while my own hands are tied and with me being unable to defend myself.

Sounds like a familiar story :cheesy:

par for the course when it comes to divorce I'm afraid mp

if it's true then she's certainly stitched you up good style by getting this lot to chew your ass :cheesy:

dd

I'm not interested in the specifics of that case I'm just curious as to how you are able to manage individual client accounts without being registered?
================================================================

in the USA, a hedge fund is NOT required to be registered with the SEC unless it chooses to be. Recently there was some effort on the part of the SEC to register hedge funds with assets over 1.5 million, if i remember correctly, but it was voluntary and did not work well.

essentially, within USA law, hedge funds are not registered and the rules accrueing to "offshore" or smaller hedge funds are even more lenient !

the reason ANY hedge fund gets clients is thru word of mouth, golf course meetings and the like ---- there is usually NO advertising involved with these funds at all, at least as of this time !

EDIT -- do remember though, that the corporation maintains a feduciary responsibility to its clients and even without regulation can be brought to court if that responsibility is violated ! Regulation is more concerned with outright FRAUD and side issues of maintaining adaquate assets to prevent bankruptsy, but little concerning problems !

In fact, the feduciary corporate laws are MUCH stronger than anything the SEC puts forth, except in cases of complete FRAUD !

mp

Last edited:
I wasn't asking about the hedge fund you claim to run - I asked you how you can manage individual client accounts and not be registered?

As far as I'm aware a hedge fund with less than 100 investors is only open to "qualified purchasers" (net assets of over 5 million) and larger funds are only open to "accredited investors" (net assets of over 1 million).

It seems that (in addition to the "hedgefund" you claim to run) you are managing individual client accounts - all I'm asking is how is this possible without being registered?