Still learning, am i on the right track?

Since trading is a movie and not a slideshow, you want what's called "replay", i.e., you tell the program where to start and what interval you want (1m, 5m, whatever, though if you select something longer than a minute, you're going to spend a lot of time sitting and waiting, which are ripe conditions for over-trading). As to what's available now, I can't say. I haven't looked into this for quite some time. There's NinjaTrader, though you'll be setting yourself up for an endless stream of emails pitching this or that for only pennies a day. I suggest selecting the broker you're going to eventually work with, preferably one which offers replay (which ought to be just about everybody; it's no longer a sophisticated offering), set up an account, then simtrade the account (assuming the broker offers that; if he doesn't, look further).

You don't yet know that the uptrend has ended. Price could just as easily move sideways. Then you're stuck in a trade that isn't going anywhere (this is called "opportunity cost", i.e., your money isn't doing zip for you but you can't use it anywhere else because you're futzing around with this trade that's just twiddling its thumbs). It's fine that you're beginning to define "reversal", but you're going to have to run this by an awful lot of what appear to be setups before you know whether or not it's dependable.

As for an "aim", why? Why choke off a trade that shows no signs of ending? Unless you want to be a recreational trader?

Being in the UK and not having a large minimum investment i cant access many of the brokers id like thats available in the US, IB for example, but im currently signed up with IG, ill dig deeper to see if they have a replay feature.

Definitely need to study more ha

Only until im more comfortable with chart patterns etc id be happy to put more risk into each trade and aim for bigger profit, my mind set is to figure it all out, test my trades and see if they are correct

In no way thinking im going to even be winning 100% of each trade id do theres so much info out there and im trying to focus on a few specific bits to see if i can work them out correctly

Hi all

Ive been trying to figure out candles for the past week, am i on the right track?

hey there - you will recieve many answers as we all look at markets in different ways

good to ask for advice but ultimately walk your own path....its yuor money on the line !!

N

Being in the UK and not having a large minimum investment i cant access many of the brokers id like thats available in the US, IB for example, but im currently signed up with IG, ill dig deeper to see if they have a replay feature.

Definitely need to study more ha

Only until im more comfortable with chart patterns etc id be happy to put more risk into each trade and aim for bigger profit, my mind set is to figure it all out, test my trades and see if they are correct

In no way thinking im going to even be winning 100% of each trade id do theres so much info out there and im trying to focus on a few specific bits to see if i can work them out correctly

if you can hit 40% win rate that s/be enough ....just ensure yuo let profits run and cut losers immediately

N

if you can hit 40% win rate that s/be enough ....just ensure yuo let profits run and cut losers immediately

N

Exactly although no one wants to lose its going to happen, just gotta make sure a stop loss is in place each time

N

Theoretically, yes. And if one has an extremely robust trading plan. However, few newcomers have a trading plan, robust or otherwise. And when the losses outnumber the winners, they begin to be afraid to take trades at all, and the spiral begins.