SterlingPDI

Any news from SterlingPDI?

Hi,

I was approached by this outfit a few months ago. The returns offered by them seemed excessively high (60% pa for a loan account) and I was wary as they seemed to be based in Majorca and thus outside UK banking law protection.

I talked to a guy there called James who said they had many clients who had funds with them which SterlingPDI would use for sports arbitrage opportunities. He said many clients had been with them for years. Reading this board, it looks like they were only set up at then end on 2004, so that must have been a lie.

I notice their website is still down after several weeks. Just wondered if you have heard any more from them, or managed to get your money back? Is anyone still answering the phones?

hi catfish
it was a rip-off of another company called sports-intelligence. one of their employees was doing a bit on the side! he's been found out and cooperating with sports-intelligence and the police. i've been very lucky in that (it seems at the moment) that sports-intelligence are taking on my PDI loans.
sterling is only still going so that sports-intelligence can make contact with their clients and sort out the mess.
i now have a contact at sports-intelligence and been discussing things with them for a little while. i hope to complete the paperwork soon to transfer over to them.

jdmt2w said:
hi catfish
it was a rip-off of another company called sports-intelligence. one of their employees was doing a bit on the side! he's been found out and cooperating with sports-intelligence and the police. i've been very lucky in that (it seems at the moment) that sports-intelligence are taking on my PDI loans.
sterling is only still going so that sports-intelligence can make contact with their clients and sort out the mess.
i now have a contact at sports-intelligence and been discussing things with them for a little while. i hope to complete the paperwork soon to transfer over to them.

sports intel and sterling are both owned by Jason Cohen. the police have an interest in him apparently.

andy-sea said:
sports intel and sterling are both owned by Jason Cohen. the police have an interest in him apparently.

My cousin, who put 1 of the advisors in touch with me in the first place (he wanted me to loan the company 5k for a 'locked in 60% return for the year, but after due dilligence found that a half Polish chap ,Jason Cohen (& partners) to be the owner of a bunch of companies without any real reporting on financials, so I gave it a miss and advised my cousin to do the same), anyway, he heard from his new contact at Sterling a week or so back that the police were wanting to speak with Jason Cohen for some reason.

A good move on my part by the looks of it.

jdmt2w said:
hi catfish

Has anyone heard from either of these companies (sterling PDI or sports-intelligence) recently,
I received a voicemail from one of the advisors the other day there to talk about the opportunity i was offered!!??!?, i subsequently called their previous number and they never answer as I would like to know exactly what great opportunity i'm missing out on (given the current situation with the owners!). Unless its the 60% pa they told me about b4.

Do any of the clients on this board have any info!

i had a call from a sterling pdi advisors

andy-sea said:
Has anyone heard from either of these companies (sterling PDI or sports-intelligence) recently,
I received a voicemail from one of the advisors the other day there to talk about the opportunity i was offered!!??!?, i subsequently called their previous number and they never answer as I would like to know exactly what great opportunity i'm missing out on (given the current situation with the owners!). Unless its the 60% pa they told me about b4.

Do any of the clients on this board have any info!

I was a client of Sterling PDI.

One day I couldn’t get hold of them. I tried numerous times over a weeks period and was initially pissed off.

After about 8 or 9 days I received a phone call from Dean Falmer of Sports Intelligence. He told me the office in Spain for Sterling PDI had been turned over, apparently there was a rogue trader (Nick Leeson Style), and apparently a duplicate website was setup.

The Spanish police froze the Sterling PDI bank account alongside the duplicate Sterling PDI bank account and the director was advised by the police that Russians were involved in setting up the duplicate website and bank account, and there is an ongoing investigation into this.

For security the director decided it was best to close one of the Spanish offices and run the company from the offices in Hong Kong and England as the director didn’t know who the mole in the company was.

I have done some research and from what I have read in the papers over the last few years is that Russian gangsters have been involved in many duplicate identity thefts with companies etc. Just recently PaddyPower.com Ireland biggest bookmaker has had similar problems, and the police are now investigating Russian crime syndicates.

I tend to believe what I was told by Dean Falmer and Sports Intelligence, as identity theft of companies is happening a lot these days. I asked Dean Falmer for my five thousand pound loan back as I was concerned about what had happened in the last month and they paid me my full five thousand pound back within a week of asking.

I was very pleased to get my money back and was dealt with very professionally by Dean Falmer and Sports Intelligence.

Sports Intelligence company is Spain called Four Corner Systems Spain SL has been audited by the tax authorities there. I know this because my lawyer has bought their accounts from Spanish companies house and I and my lawyer have been over them.

Also as well, I was told by Dean Falmer that the accounts from Sports Intelligence will be completed within a months time for the English company. The reason he told me the Sports Intelligence accounts were late, was quite simply there was a lot of small betting transactions over the last few years, and its been a mammoth task to prepare the accounts for companies house in England and apparently with the law being the way it is, before the director will put his signature on the English accounts he has to make sure everything is true and correct by law, which any business man can understand.

I was almost tempted to reloan my five thousand pounds with another five thousand pounds more since they have behaved very professionally and they do still have a great concept, but I was told by Dean Falmer come September 1st the company will be paying back the remaining loans who have finished, and pay back existing loans to clients over a period of 6 months to a year.

Dean Falmer told me that the director enjoys the business immensely, but with everything that’s happened over the last year he wants to remain low key with as little stress as possible in his life, as he is a wealthy guy and doesn’t need the stress and he will be giving a chance to people that loan money to the company that meet the liquidity criteria a chance to come onboard a hedge fund that’s regulated in Hong Kong and audited by Deloitte and Touche which will be the 3rd party administrators.

It sounds very good to me.

J (BIG) Balls

jbigball said:
I was a client of Sterling PDI.

One day I couldn’t get hold of them. I tried numerous times over a weeks period and was initially pissed off.

After about 8 or 9 days I received a phone call from Dean Falmer of Sports Intelligence. He told me the office in Spain for Sterling PDI had been turned over, apparently there was a rogue trader (Nick Leeson Style), and apparently a duplicate website was setup.

The Spanish police froze the Sterling PDI bank account alongside the duplicate Sterling PDI bank account and the director was advised by the police that Russians were involved in setting up the duplicate website and bank account, and there is an ongoing investigation into this.

For security the director decided it was best to close one of the Spanish offices and run the company from the offices in Hong Kong and England as the director didn’t know who the mole in the company was.

I have done some research and from what I have read in the papers over the last few years is that Russian gangsters have been involved in many duplicate identity thefts with companies etc. Just recently PaddyPower.com Ireland biggest bookmaker has had similar problems, and the police are now investigating Russian crime syndicates.

It sounds very good to me.

J (BIG) Balls

That sounds very interesting and informative.
I've been trying to contact the owners of the company. Could you provide their Hong Kong contact details as you seem to be in touch with them as your'e a happy client of theirs.
I cant log into the Sports Inteligence website as they didn't continue my trial.
Is C.Oakely , A.Birch and J.Cohen (the owners) in Hong Kong. Why would such pioneers want to keep things low key?

PDI Software Ltd
6B, 69/14 Court Capri,

Ekamai 21,Sukhumvit 63, Bangkok 10110
Thailand

IS THIS THEIR NEW OFFICE?

The owners are hard to track down. They havent returned any of my calls, nor responded to my numerous emails. Could anyone on this board pass on any contact information you have on any of the following:

A. Birch, C.Oakely, J.Cohan or C. Tailby

any responce would be welcome!

looking forward to speaking to these pioneers!

Has the old clients of Sports Intel or Sterling PDI or Arbitrage Systems or Sports-Arbitrage not reading this board anymore?????

If there are any members with any info on the above companies or the owners please post them. (their names are in the above posts).

I find it very strange they can just disapear like this.

Maybe they are just trying to bilk investors using a company called QOdds or www.qodds.com, they seem to own this company aswell (the company has NO financial information at all).

The plot thickens.

a new name! hello ben.

i was a client of sterling. i was unable to get through to them a few months ago but out of the blue i had a contact from sports-intelligence who told me the whole thing was a scam.

interesting you mention cathy as she was my 'advisor'. shame that her name has come up as one of the scamsters - i got to like her. still, i was certainly mugged!

she also mentioned a guy called paul who was one of the managers. i don't know the surname however.
i had a long chat with him once and i think he said he was from nottingham.

according to sports-intelligence, sterling was to be shut down. i now notice that there website has gone.

thus far, my dealings with sports-intelligence (who i presume you work for) have been 100% and my contact, dean falmer, has been very helpful.

good luck with your investigations.

regards
jim

Sports Intelligence

I am sort of glad I am not alone. I was also called by Sterling PDI over a year ago now. A guy called George based in Spain covered all the benefits of this seemingly cannot lose opportunity.

It took me several months, took part in the trials etc.. and I eventually invested in the PDI loan agreement. All seemed good and I was recieving monthly statements. Then, as some of you seemed to have experienced, I had acall from Dean Falmer. A nice chap, who explained about that rougue element in the company that started Sterling PDI.

He went on to explain, that the current Director - Jason Cohen, would honour my investment so I wouldnt lose out. I agreed and sent him a copy of my contract with Sterling.

I cont. to recieve monthly statements and phone calls from Dean, up until a few months ago. I have constantly called there office, but Dean nor Jason are ever available - meetings all day every day!!

Now my 12 month investement has matured and of course I am expecting payment. But as explained, no contact from Sports Intelligence. It is strange that there are still people answering the phones, but only the reception who have been programmed not to say anything.

I decided to contact the FSA and Trading standards, and after reading this forum have contacted the Police. The Police advise to contact Trading standards in Oxford, as this is where ther registered office is(Oxford). This is because the Police, at this time could not prove any criminal intent.
I have called the Oxford dept Trading Standards who are now investigating.

I have talked to Jason Cohen within the last month, who has explained that the business has grown behond expectations, and to build up the funds required to payment to clients, he has invested some monies abroad. Bringing the money back into the country is proving difficult and is subject to 40% tax and he is currently in a legal battle to find a way to not pay tax.

The more I read this, the more I feel I have been taken for a big ride. I would have been happier if they just took my money and run on the first day, instead of keeping me sweet for 12 months and then letting me down.

Hope this helps, I will keep you posted rgds the investigation by Trading Standards.

Signed - Gutted in MK :eek:

If I can help?

Snicks!

I'm in exactly the same position, can't get a reply to an email or call. Let me know if i can help in any way with the action you're taking, maybe even split any costs? Any body else out there with the same issue?

The organization has surprised me previously, with the honouring of the Spain thing, so I haven't written off getting my money back + interest ideally.

Regards

Steve

You may or may not know the company is now trading as Worldwide Arbitrage Ltd.

I checked Sports Intelligence on the Companies House website - SI is now in liquidation and is officially in the hands of a receiver. This information can be obtained through Comp. Hse.

Just to show you how sad/desperate I am, and please dont do this at home. I went to the registered address of Sports Int. in Oxford. You guessed it, just a mailing address - so now you know.

I will be calling the insolvency service soon to try to find out more.

All in vein me thinks, but hey, you can only try.

:eek:

assers said:
Snicks!

I'm in exactly the same position, can't get a reply to an email or call. Let me know if i can help in any way with the action you're taking, maybe even split any costs? Any body else out there with the same issue?

The organization has surprised me previously, with the honouring of the Spain thing, so I haven't written off getting my money back + interest ideally.

Regards

Steve

Hi guys - I have the same issue - Spoke to Jason about 2 months ago - saying they have lot of backlog etc.... thus not responding to any emails etc..

Please let me know what you guys find out - really appreciate it.

To anybody reading this forum who has investeded money with Sports Intelligence, Sterling PDI or any other the other companies trading under this group of people;

The Serious Fraud Office has been contacted and will consider taking on the investigation when they have sufficient evidence that a crime has in fact been committed; Please write and send all of your details to the following;

Miss Omosede Akenzua
Serious Fraud Office
Elm House
10-16 Elm Street
London
W1CY 0BJ
She was particularly interested in the info I gave regds the Trading
Standards in Oxford and will contact them if they take on the case;

Based on the conversation I had with Omosede, it seems that we do actually have strength in numbers and I urge you all to write this lady detailing the amounts that you have
lost and the now seeming lack of contact from the individuals that hold our money.

pshah said:
Hi guys - I have the same issue - Spoke to Jason about 2 months ago - saying they have lot of backlog etc.... thus not responding to any emails etc..

Please let me know what you guys find out - really appreciate it.

Hi,
I too have dealt with Sports intelligence in Oxford and have dealt with Adam Roth over the last 2 years. I invested £2000 and did actually receive a return of £1199.00 after the first year. The last communiocation I had was by e-mail on 27th Feb with my Feb account confirmation (representing payment 11). Since then I cannot get through on the phone number of 0845 051 3839, did anyone else deal with Adam or have any other phone number.

If it is true that they have gone into recievership then I will definately contact the Serious Fraud Squad as indicated.

Keep the updates coming.

Worldwide Arbitrage Ltd

duncanseward said:
Hi,
I too have dealt with Sports intelligence in Oxford and have dealt with Adam Roth over the last 2 years. I invested £2000 and did actually receive a return of £1199.00 after the first year. The last communiocation I had was by e-mail on 27th Feb with my Feb account confirmation (representing payment 11). Since then I cannot get through on the phone number of 0845 051 3839, did anyone else deal with Adam or have any other phone number.

If it is true that they have gone into recievership then I will definately contact the Serious Fraud Squad as indicated.

Keep the updates coming.

I am in a similar position with no replies to my attempts to contact them. Looking them up in companies house it would appear that they have moved to London. Address provided is 89 Fleet Street London EC4Y 1DH and their company no is 04853044
Any more info welcome