Stellar Trading System

the one i have is read only, but you can submit orders through excel.
Need to do a bit VB

Are you sure? I also have this sheet but I can't find any way to submit orders. I've also asked lots of ppl (the dev team etc) about this but everyone tells me it isn't possible.

I was told by Stellar sales that came in to see me that there was no excel interface that could interact with the API. They only supprted Excel RTD. Any more info on excel sheet much appreciated.

It's basically just a market feed, no market depth though. You can simply get live prices streaming through RTD from any contract(s).

In Schneider’s there is a developing team responsible for Stellar.
Just give them a call

In Schneider’s there is a developing team responsible for Stellar.
Just give them a call

I know there are developers for STS in Schneider, but getting access to the API is a different matter from what I've heard. Any experience?

Also, what about the API offered by TT?

I was looking at moving to stellar and asked for details on the API and i was told that the API is not publicly available (as it says it is on their website) but you have to work alongside their developers. Not quite what i was looking for but you never know, it could be beneficial..

I was looking at moving to stellar and asked for details on the API and i was told that the API is not publicly available (as it says it is on their website) but you have to work alongside their developers. Not quite what i was looking for but you never know, it could be beneficial..

Yeah, when you use STS Pro (or Advanced or whatever it's called) you could use the API. You just have to convince the dev team that you're experienced enough to use it. ("Yes, I've programmed C/C++ alot before, yes I know what I'm doing") It's very advanced programming and pretty much no documentation. I think you could do major damage to the system if you mess something up. Which you easily could, if you don't know what you're doing. I've met experienced programmers giving up on the STS API just because it's too hard getting what you want.

Is anyone else seeing a serious degradation in Stellar's performance over the last few weeks?

mauzj,

I presume your talking about the autospreader again? Surely all autospreaders are going to get legged in markets as volatile as these? I'm still considering th move over to stellar, but to be honest an autospreader is not something that interests me a great deal at present.

How are you finding the system for everything else i.e. market price update speed, speed of fill notifications etc? Any comments much appreciated before i make the jump.

Yes, I'm talking about the spreader again.

I'm getting legged even when the markets are not really moving. So it's not due to the increased volatility.

I don't really trade the outrights too often. But I've heard that performance can be dependent on exchange. When they add new exchanges there are usually a few bugs. I know people who've lost 5 figure sums due to these new bugs.

Market price update speed is normally fine. Though our line gets occasional problems. It just goes a bit funny over NFP but that's to be expected.

Speed of fills is normally fine too. It just slows down a lot when markets are busy.

mauzj,

I presume your talking about the autospreader again? Surely all autospreaders are going to get legged in markets as volatile as these? I'm still considering th move over to stellar, but to be honest an autospreader is not something that interests me a great deal at present.

How are you finding the system for everything else i.e. market price update speed, speed of fill notifications etc? Any comments much appreciated before i make the jump.

I think the spreader is working fine, however there's been the occasional lagging when submitting/ambending orders last few weeks. This has cost me and others alot of money (system freezes unexpectedly for 30sec). Never seen this before and I'm certain it's just a minor glitch their working on right now.

But why do you wanna switch to STS? I think TT has faster price updates. Also they just increased the price of STS, currently being more expensive than TT. I'm thinking of switching from STS to TT..

Kind regards

But why do you wanna switch to STS? I think TT has faster price updates. Also they just increased the price of STS, currently being more expensive than TT. I'm thinking of switching from STS to TT..

Kind regards

If you're at Schneiders they keep latencies for everything so why not just ask them if TT really is faster or not? To be fair to them, STS is only more expensive for single market access than TT if youre trading more than 1 xchange it is cheaper I think

But saying that TT is used more places so you pays your money and you makes your choice I guess

I've been using Stella for a year.... Its reasonabley quick, server side autospreader is a plus. It's pretty Much the same price as TT though

I've been using Stella for a year.... Its reasonabley quick, server side autospreader is a plus. It's pretty Much the same price as TT though

the problem with Stellar the ladders are dynamic with TT they don’t move so..... it up in your discretion :smart:

What is the common monthly fee for STS with access to CME and EUREX? What broker offers STS for these exchanges (DAX and EURO FX, to be specific)?

i am using stellar , and yes its true that in last few months due to high volatility it was giving lot of bad fills, but now its working fine on stellar.

Looks like i am going to be moving over to Stellar - Does anyone have a ballpark monthly cost for someone looking to use only LIFFE/Eurex?

Thanks