Spread betting, a viable option to make a living out of?

How many demo accounts are you blowing this week?

Amazingly I have never once blown a demo account, my worst demo drawdown was 22%

No need to get jealous of my good work and Smear my name.Just cause of you I wear a vendor tag .You and your lies along with The Bramble trading $1 lots at Oanda.

The Bramble is a very mischevious character :LOL:

You got nothing to do than smear traders.

I cant recall smearing any traders, I've had a pop at a few scammers :LOL:

:smart:

MB

I do not use any indicators on any of my major systems.There is only one lousy indicator which is a combination of C C I and stochastics, but it performs the worst out of 11 systems.

Indicators use price and I only use price

O D T

In simple terms, a breakout EA would buy (or sell) as price action went through a support or resistance line drawn by a custom indicator , or when a (for instance) low period MA crosses a high period MA, or whatever.Thats what a robot is.

Drawing trend lines is not the best way of using support and resistance , at least I have my own different methods of calculating dynamic support and resistance.

As you said yourself markets are not static,use dynamic support and resistance levels .

The intelligence of burger king operators is greater than traders!

O D T

Drawing trend lines is not the best way of using support and resistance , at least I have my own different methods of calculating dynamic support and resistance.

As you said yourself markets are not static,use dynamic support and resistance levels .

The intelligence of burger king operators is greater than traders!

O D T

Your own way of calculating? What is it? Haha, it's not something along the lines of mark-up, pullback, lump....is it? I very much doubt your method is unique whatever it is.

Your own way of calculating? What is it? Haha, it's not something along the lines of mark-up, pullback, lump....is it? I very much doubt your method is unique whatever it is.

It is unique and original and we like to keep it that way.If I disclose it it will not remain my own,somebody will copy it and market it as his own.It will remain proprietary.

Disclosing it would mean disclosing my entire system which I know makes 200% a year.
Disclosing it would mean I would end up bidding several bars higher , sort of cutting my own throat.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/77558-buying-books-4.html#post955058.

It is unique and original and we like to keep it that way.If I disclose it it will not remain my own,somebody will copy it and market it as his own.It will remain proprietary.

Disclosing it would mean disclosing my entire system which I know makes 200% a year.
Disclosing it would mean I would end up bidding several bars higher , sort of cutting my own throat.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/77558-buying-books-4.html#post955058.

You would have to adjust your system, that's all. 'Other' people may collectively generate enough size to distort your system entry, but if you know why your system entry worked in the first place then you could adjust it...surely?

Besides, i wouldn't worry about a couple of extra contracts/lots.

You would have to adjust your system, that's all. 'Other' people may collectively generate enough size to distort your system entry, but if you know why your system entry worked in the first place then you could adjust it...surely?

Besides, i wouldn't worry about a couple of extra contracts/lots.

Paul

It is not as simple as that.I could adjust the system.

If a thousand traders started using it and trading 10 lots each, a billion gbp/usd is being bid for at the same time ,and cable already has liquidity issues without creating any more PROBLEMS for myself.

The problem gets bigger if they start trading 100 lots .

O D T

The only way spreadbetting would be advantageous is if a group of traders set up a spreadbetting company and eliminated the spreadbetting company's spread.

All your trades would go through your own company ,have d m a and a pay betting levy.

It can be done

Why can't we all just get along? We all have the same goals! Why is there so much hate and anger in the world.

To answer the original question, yes you can make a living out of SB.

Well in the interests of peace and harmony, I will say that although I have had my differences with ODT in the past, I perfectly respect his right to keep his system to himself if he chooses to, and if it's making 200% per annum, good luck to him.

And I'm glad to hear that it's possible to make a living out of spread betting. I never doubted really that it was possible. I used to underestimate the difficulty of actually achieving it, and a bit more experience has educated me in some of the difficulties of actually achieving this. I'm sure that I'm in store for a lot more education before much longer.

As for support and resistance, I am beginning to formulate my own theories about this, which I will not ramble on about here, partly because they are not fully thought-out, and partly because it may turn out they are just an unconscious regurgitation of strands of thought I have read here and there. I have also developed over the last few weeks, empirically as you might say, one particular "system" (or method), highly discretionary, which does not use any indicators, does not depend on trends, and only really has a passing nod to support and resistance (dynamic or otherwise). This is just for one particular instrument, which (for the moment anyway) has a particular characteristic. Whether it will continue to work or not I really don't know, which is partly why I am keeping stakes modest, but it's certainly working at the moment. It could possibly be fully automated, but I'm happy enough for now with it in its semi-automated state using multiple limit open and close orders.

Well they say don't they that at the end of the day, you actually have to learn to trade your own method by yourself, and this is about the closest I've come to that so far. I'm sure it won't turn out to be the holy grail and it's certainly not the only way I trade but to date it has been the most reliable (except in the past when I hit long trends more by luck than judgement).

then make the effort to use the search function on this site. These subjects have all been covered before over and over again. Use the search facility rather than expect people to keep repeating themselves because newbies are too lazy to use the search facility or "Traderpedia" etc the top of this page. Read them all then maybe come back to fill in gaps in your knowledge.

While there is merit to your feelings, there is a lot of good that comes from revisiting topics.

-If the only new topics in the forum were truly 100% new, this place would be pretty dead.
-Even though the question has been asked before, this repeated question, by being at the top of the list now attracts new users, growing the community, and as the community grows new users will provide new insight to topics, even tho they may have been covered before.
-Even though the subject has been covered, the person asking the question may have different specifics, or a different way of asking that brings different answers, even from the same person.

That being said, in this case he is absolutely right, a quick search answered every single one of your questions. I tried it.