Sniper Forex System

Gangsta1,
Yes, there is always that possibility. I don't know if anyone has noticed or not, but generally when you enter a trade on the alert with Sniper, there is a pullback, that throws you in the negative, pretty quickly afterwards. I have sometimes seen this pullback go as much as 90 pips the wrong way on GBPJPY, before going forward. You have to allow for that.
Kent

forex profit monster is not a problem the repainting.... I don't have their system but I have the PDF and they clearly say only to take action at the CLOSE of the candle...

her'es a quote from the site:

Every Forex Profit Monster indicator stays exactly the same on the chart once the candlestick closes. The only time an indicator will change is if it’s still on the “active” candlestick. Also, all of the Forex Profit Monster System trading decisions (except exiting at support or resistance) are designed to be made at the close of a candle. What this means is that you can back test the Forex Profit Monster System with confidence, knowing that what you see in the past history of a chart was what you saw when the chart was current.

hola Sal...

i just like to know and possibly learn your system if you dont mind to share it ...you have quite impressive results and seem like a disciplined trader.
im sure id learn more from you...if you dont mind teaching a newbie:)

best regards !

hola Sal...

i just like to know and possibly learn your system if you dont mind to share it ...you have quite impressive results and seem like a disciplined trader.
im sure id learn more from you...if you dont mind teaching a newbie:)

best regards !

thanks for the compliments billie,

Although I won't disclose what my system is, I can tell you that it is based in the same premises of Sniper, in other words, Trend Following. All trend following systems are very similar in terms of where you enter, etc...

I just take every signal issued by my system, I can't afford to outsmart the system and skip a trade and this one ending up to be one of the best trades for example, so I got to take'em all. I feel comfortable having a low win/loss ratio because I know, or at least expect, far bigger winners than my losers are and I trust me to follow every signal. Of course in the beginning it was very challenging for me to take all signals, and try to outsmart it, but I then learned (the hard way of course) that taking all signals and stop trying to rationalize/outguessing etc etc was the smart way to go, at least for me.

Now what you have to assess is, do you think you have the endurance to take every signal no matter what? Does your personality fit a trend following approach?

Well my suspictions have been confirmed! Entered a good looking setup at 9am GMT today on the GU and guess what.THE ARROW DISSAPEARED!! Probably the reason I left this system alone the first time I tried it..!

gangsta, of course nobody said otherwise... an arrow appears once all lines agree, now imagine they agree within the time period of one hour, being all 3 green issuing an arrow for a buy, and then at the close 2 are red and 1 green... if you close and open the platform the arrow will disappear since the informaton is only based at theclose of the candle, therefore cannot be known if signals appeared or not within the time period of the candle...

the only part of this system worth keeping imho is the sniper stop. remove the rest and see how price reacts to it, then work out how you want to use it to give you your OWN system.

gangsta, of course nobody said otherwise... an arrow appears once all lines agree, now imagine they agree within the time period of one hour, being all 3 green issuing an arrow for a buy, and then at the close 2 are red and 1 green... if you close and open the platform the arrow will disappear since the informaton is only based at theclose of the candle, therefore cannot be known if signals appeared or not within the time period of the candle...

Salvadore,

it has been well documented in this thread (with screen prints) that arrows on closed bars also disappear after restarting.

Well my suspictions have been confirmed! Entered a good looking setup at 9am GMT today on the GU and guess what.THE ARROW DISSAPEARED!! Probably the reason I left this system alone the first time I tried it..!

What was the trade setup?

The trade setup was exactly by the rules: ALL 3 lines were red, 2 bars were red, the arrrow was there, it was after 6am GMT, it was the GU, it was the 1hr timeframe..

Seriously, who is going to defend this? Its easy to look back at history of the charts and see "GREAT" trades but how many times will this happen and lead to crap trades? Ah well, maybe this trade will go in the direction Forex Sniper suggested....

The trade setup was exactly by the rules: ALL 3 lines were red, 2 bars were red, the arrrow was there, it was after 6am GMT, it was the GU, it was the 1hr timeframe..

Seriously, who is going to defend this? Its easy to look back at history of the charts and see "GREAT" trades but how many times will this happen and lead to crap trades? Ah well, maybe this trade will go in the direction Forex Sniper suggested....

Yes, this happens. But it would really help if you would post an image of your charts as this is the only way that we can comment.

i'm not defending anything since i don't trade sniper, i have my own, but one of the components of my system is very similar to sniper's so I kind of know what I'm talking about too... and i assure you once a candle closes it doesn't repaint as you say...

sonae.PNG

In my opinion the repainting issue is generally overrated. The repainting only affects the outcome of a system during that kind of manual backtest when one scrolls the chart backwards and simply checks the signals. It is never as accurate as the forward testing, or even using a forward test imitating tool like Trade Simulator, so I personally do not use and do not recommend it. If a system gives 30% bad and 70% good signals, then it does not matter if the 30% bad signals will vanish from the screen after the action or not.

Furthermore, the signals of Sniper Forex must be taken as soon as they appear, before candle close, so it is obvious that the Sniper signals may vanish from the screen. Maybe it repaints after candle close too, what does it matter?

(BTW I have been using FPM successfully for 2.5 months and never saw it repainting after candle close.)

signalk today

hi all,

this morning we have a short signal at 9:25 alpari time, the red arrow already 03:00 at asian session but the last red bar from trend B change at 09:25 and there was the signal from the EA also to enter the trade at price 1.62596, but looks bad this trade is around 10 pips before the stoploss for a loss of around 90 pips.

looks like a bad start for the week :(

cheers

Attachments

• 19oct.JPG
    19oct.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 149
In my opinion the repainting issue is generally overrated. The repainting only affects the outcome of a system during that kind of manual backtest when one scrolls the chart backwards and simply checks the signals. It is never as accurate as the forward testing, or even using a forward test imitating tool like Trade Simulator, so I personally do not use and do not recommend it. If a system gives 30% bad and 70% good signals, then it does not matter if the 30% bad signals will vanish from the screen after the action or not.

Furthermore, the signals of Sniper Forex must be taken as soon as they appear, before candle close, so it is obvious that the Sniper signals may vanish from the screen. Maybe it repaints after candle close too, what does it matter?

(BTW I have been using FPM successfully for 2.5 months and never saw it repainting after candle close.)

Firstly - I don't know what FPM is :confused:
Secondly, no matter what you have read - do not expect 70% good signals from Sniper, expect 35 to 45%
Arrows appear and disappear on a regular basis, you should refresh your screen at the candle close if you want these arrows to disappear.
The long position that was given in the early hours of 15th October, by the time that 6AM GMT had come was more than 50 pips from the entry point, but unless you were monitoring Sniper at the time, you would not know this because you don't know exactly when the signal was given. According to the rules this was not a valid trade , but you can be sure that it will be included in the results on the sniper website.
We then had a full blown short signal at 10AM Alpari time , 9 AM UK time. This trade resulted in a loss, but has disappeared forever.
We've had another short signal but it too a while for the histos to line up and now that has been stopped by a blue arrow in the last few minutes, but not a full blown buy signal.

Looking back at the sniper charts will only give you an indication, they will not tell you the whole story.
The results on the Sniper website are possibly manipulated to ignore the signals that disappear.
You can ONLY believe what you read on this forum from posters like Greenfield who has traded with this system for a long time. Greenfield has traded this system in real time and with real money.
I've not even been with this system for 2 months, so I'm not really qualified. But I do believe that you will profit by using Sniper, but you have to get in every trade and you have to follow the rules.
The claim on the Sniper website that there are more winning trades than losers? Nah, I don't believe. Winning trades compensate and more for the losers? - Yes, I believe that.

Well the short trade this morning was stopped out for 80 pips and now the signal on the GU is long in the opposite direction. Im taking this one to, hope its not another loss..LIVE account BTW.

range

Well the short trade this morning was stopped out for 80 pips and now the signal on the GU is long in the opposite direction. Im taking this one to, hope its not another loss..LIVE account BTW.

yep, I hope this too. and I hope you have the right mm!!

it's the ?, can cable come out from this range and go over the 1.64, hope this candle now can close above, thats will be a breakout and the next prob will be a trendline from early august to 11of september this is now at ~ 1.6450, but who know

hope can cover the loss from today morning :D

cheers

MM for me is to set Break Even at +50 pips and ride the move untill an opposite signal! How about you Eagle?

yep, I hope this too. and I hope you have the right mm!!

it's the ?, can cable come out from this range and go over the 1.64, hope this candle now can close above, thats will be a breakout and the next prob will be a trendline from early august to 11of september this is now at ~ 1.6450, but who know

cheers

cheers

This should be a good long being wave 5 up for somewhere around 300pips. It has already used up about 160 of those so far, so should be able to make up the loss. If not then the move down on the correction will do that for you. Only time will prove for sure, though.
I am also looking to make up for that loss.
Kent