Sniper Forex System

i probably wouldn't have even considered GBPJPY if Gary hadn't of recommended it to me. I told him I was looking for a pair to trade on the Asian session, and this is what he recommended. But he did say, But I only trade GBPUSD with Sniper. Hehe I have had better success with this pair, myself. Just like it's very bold moves.
Kent

Hello Jerry/Kent,

Could you guys clarify something for me please? If you follow 30M sniper chart do you wait for all three lines and both histograms to be same colour? The reason I ask is I have got entry alert when three lines and one histogram is (usually Trend A) being same colour. I don't wait for the bottom histogram to be same colour. The rules says I should so I'm thinking of doing it when I'm trading live accounts but with demo accounts I'm jumping in early.

Like for example: today on 19:03 I got EUR/USD long entry alert but one histogram was still red. I went in and the demo account is running huge loss.

Please share your views and comments.

thanks
sunny

i probably wouldn't have even considered GBPJPY if Gary hadn't of recommended it to me. I told him I was looking for a pair to trade on the Asian session, and this is what he recommended. But he did say, But I only trade GBPUSD with Sniper. Hehe I have had better success with this pair, myself. Just like it's very bold moves.
Kent

May I know what is the spread on GBP/JPY?

Hello Jerry/Kent,

Could you guys clarify something for me please? If you follow 30M sniper chart do you wait for all three lines and both histograms to be same colour? The reason I ask is I have got entry alert when three lines and one histogram is (usually Trend A) being same colour. I don't wait for the bottom histogram to be same colour. The rules says I should so I'm thinking of doing it when I'm trading live accounts but with demo accounts I'm jumping in early.

Like for example: today on 19:03 I got EUR/USD long entry alert but one histogram was still red. I went in and the demo account is running huge loss.

Please share your views and comments.
sunny
Sunny,
If you are going to use the system, use the system on all entries, on all timeframes that you want to trade. If you practice bad entry's on demo, you are practicing bad entries period. If you practice good entries all of the time, then you should always have good entries, whether on demo or on live.
Kent

thanks

It varies from broker to broker and with different times of the day. usually the times of the day that I trade, it runs about 6 pips. Have seen it as high as 9 pips, but that is usually in off times of the day, like after NY close up to about 0000gmt, then it usually goes down. I typically dont trade when it is high, but if an entry looks really good, I know I will get enough gain to offset the spread.
Kent

This system works well on H1 TF, 30M will provide an early entry, but there must some reasons for the early entry. I always have H4 DiNapli setting with STARC bands, and I am happier to go in the direction of the H4 trend or at lteast stochastic, taking entry signals from this system.
Still the other approach is to use TF gearing preserving the H1 performance on M15 and M30.
using the same TPL add the HMA on 120bar for the M15, visible only on M15, or on M30 set it on 60 bars. this way on the shorter TF you would have two HMAs, one will be showing the H1 trend, the other set on 30bar will anable you to jugde the pulbacks and go when it is in agreement with the H1 HMA recalculated and visible on a shorter TF. This is a simple principle of gearing.

Sniper variant: !!untested!! (as requested earlier in the day)

reasoning: I trade pullbacks. If HMA channel is optimal setting of 30 for the hourly, then I replicate it in essence, by using 120 on the 15mins.

Since I am a pullback trader, I have added Stochs(12,3,3) onto the chart.
Also, bog standard MACD.

Observations: Since the chart is simply a 15-min proxy for the 60-mins, I can now look for pullbacks.
I effectively ignore Sniper A and B since I dont know what they represent. I only want to use indicators I understand, so I know when to use them, and when to ignore them.

Note now, the stop-loss can be used as a pullback entry.

When the HMAs are 3 blues: take the entry if the price is "close" to the HMAs. This is subjective. If price has run away too far from the Hulls, I would rather not enter, and wait for a pullback.

In an uptrend (3-blues), this can be:
a: Stochs goes Oversold, and hooks up. (anywhere on the histogram)
b: Price falls back to "stop-loss". (blue dots)

In a downtrend (3 reds), entry can be:
a: Stochs going overbought and hooking down.
b: Price rises upto the "stop-loss". (red dots)

Actual stop-loss is also under investigation. Either way, you can reduce your risk exposure by using Price Action, such as the High caused by the Stochs overbought signal in a downtrend, or the Lows caused by the Stochs OS signal. Up to you.

Exits: I have added 0.002 and -0.002 to the MACD. I am only interested when the MACD exceeds 0.002/-0.002 and hooks back. This I am experimenting as an extreme point exit. I use this to take profits, rather than let them slip away.

All of the above is my initial reaction to Sniper. I am a pullback player, so I modified it to meet my personal psychology.

NB: the sample chart shows in essence what I am thinking. I miss moves. And get it wrong. But I can get in at a bargain price. Hope this stimulates some positive discussion. Or gets ignored to the dustbin of pie-in-the-sky fantasies. Either way, I am not fussed. Good trading. :cool:
I am likely to miss some moves, but so what, its not my only method.
I dont trade this with real money.

EDIT: chart is actually 120 on hourly. DOH. but you get the point! try the 120 on 15-mins.

EDIT2: just added a proper 15min version. The MACD exits are the more useful bits here.

Attachments

• sniper-15mins.jpg
    sniper-15mins.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 272
  • sniper-15amins.jpg
    sniper-15amins.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
This system works well on H1 TF, 30M will provide an early entry, but there must some reasons for the early entry. I always have H4 DiNapli setting with STARC bands, and I am happier to go in the direction of the H4 trend or at lteast stochastic, taking entry signals from this system.
Still the other approach is to use TF gearing preserving the H1 performance on M15 and M30.
using the same TPL add the HMA on 120bar for the M15, visible only on M15, or on M30 set it on 60 bars. this way on the shorter TF you would have two HMAs, one will be showing the H1 trend, the other set on 30bar will anable you to jugde the pulbacks and go when it is in agreement with the H1 HMA recalculated and visible on a shorter TF. This is a simple principle of gearing.

On the pair that I trade the most, G/J, I run a 30m and 1hr chart side by side, so that I can confirm that the 1hr is going to go my way. If there is any conflict, I err on the side of caution. I will even bounce up to the 4hr to check trend there.
Kent

you guys have to stopp hopping from one time frame to another.... stick to only one or two time frames and stop checking the others... or else you'll have too much information to process and you'll always be in doubt of what to do... and especially you won't be consistent since you will base your trading in several time frames (usually the one that lately seems to be on a roll)...

By the way anyone got in silver ? Wohooooo... got in at 14.37 got out at 14.09 i'm done for today...

good advice :)

At the present time, Sniper is about to trigger a short entry on the 4H TF. That will be at the beginning of wave 3 down. Should be a good run on all TF. The 30M is about to trigger a short entry also.
Kent

If you will notice that the s/l has gotten alot closer than it has been. The volatility has calmed down somewhat.

is bigger... FxPro seems the best broker for it with 4 pips... on others i've seen from 6 to 9 pips...

Although the spread is bigger, when it moves it moves big.... while GBPUSD could move what? 200 pips GBPJPY will do that with a factor of 3 ... it's not sruprise to see 500-600 pip moves in a matter of hours...

which is awesome

is bigger... FxPro seems the best broker for it with 4 pips... on others i've seen from 6 to 9 pips...

Although the spread is bigger, when it moves it moves big.... while GBPUSD could move what? 200 pips GBPJPY will do that with a factor of 3 ... it's not sruprise to see 500-600 pip moves in a matter of hours...

which is awesome

Right now I am up over 100 pips, and have already closed one trade on this trend for 75. So, what is a few pips for that kind of gain. And so far the first wave has only traveled 181 pips total.
kent

Closed out G/J for 275 pips profit. Yoo hoo:clap:

Well done thats great.

I have been keeping an eye on the 15m chart for entries. It produces more entries and gets you in a little earlier. Seems better for these quieter markets we have had over the past few weeks. What are your thoughts on using the 15m chart?

Dave