Sniper Forex System

rosso,

here it is on the chart, would be concerning if you have not got the signal as well:confused:

Attachments

• gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 520
Hmm how strange.

Our sniper trends are identical. I have the arrow from yesterday afternoon but not got the red short arrow followed by the blue long arrow this morning.

Do you have to keep metatrader running 24/7 has I turned my PC into standby mode last night and turned back on this morning at 7.30BST? I wonder if that is the reason...

my laptop has not been on 24/7 but was on during those alerts, i dont think this would make a difference as when i scroll the chart back i can see alerts from before i got the demo.

Only thing i can think of is that your settings are different to mine.

ok i've checked my sniper period setting and it is at the default 30.

ok i've checked my sniper period setting and it is at the default 30.

I find that sometimes the arrows and/or MAs don't paint onto the chart. I quick flip to another timeframe and back seems to solve the problem. Maybe your problem/solution is as simple as that?

I find that sometimes the arrows and/or MAs don't paint onto the chart. I quick flip to another timeframe and back seems to solve the problem. Maybe your problem/solution is as simple as that?

Sandy

Yes that seems to correct the problem.

Thanks alot for your help

GBP/USD quite a nice looking trade so far. A good 60 pips in the bag so far.

Dave

No I haven't bought in to FX53 (well not yet). I am not really mixing two systems. I am simply using Sniper as one of any number of possible trend following systems (the arrows are produced by the 3 MAs). It is clear that FX53 is using a trend following system for producing the arrows. You find that all trend following systems produce signals in roughly the same areas, they would wouldn't they. Optimisation probably not ideal, but danger no.

Don't worry, FX53 is def not a scam!! I have had a lot of exchanges with the guy. Actually there is nothing very original in FX53, it is a conventional strategy of trading breaks of earlier trends.

BTW, FX53 runs on Visual Trader, not MT4. Not a problem.

I bought into Trend Spotter several years ago, which I am running alongside Snipper , so I can confirm SandyWs comment above that trend following systems will produce similar signals. They are not exacty the same, but its obvious they are using similar criteria to trigger entry signals.

Mark

Well gents my week's demo should stop today and I have to admit that I'm still dubious about this system. I have a couple of trades running at the moment, but a couple were started and stopped very quickly. Watching constantly doesn't suit me, I normally trade EOD so I find the constant rise and fall a bit frustrating. Does anyone else have any strong opinions on this? Has anyone actually bought it and using it to trade "successfully?"

This afternoons short signal on EUR/USD. Just closed it for 68 pips. I have noticed though a tight spread aint gonna work. Too early to say if the system or just market volatility is helping.

I know one day doesn't mean very much, but snipers system has given a healthy profit today. I may have to but the one month subscription to test it further, one week just realyy gives you time to get used to it before it's cruelly snatched away.

Sandy, I have been in contact with Kevin from FX53; I really am quite excited about this system and what he has sent has made me feel much better. He sent through links to a couple of videos, one personalised to me showing the system being generated, and another tutorial about entry strategies. I am still concerned about spending so much money on a system with no comeback, but compared to some of the rubbish out there, it seems to do what it says on the tin. Have you bought in yet, or are you still pondering?

Yes there has been some very good signals today.

I got one on EUR/JPY to short at 156.99.

Currently trading at 154.21..... very healthy profit indeed if I hadnt just been watching the results!

Dave

in a sustained trend (intraday) both systems will do well sandy is using the arrows from sniper as you would in fx53 rather then spend the money.

These systems highlight 2 points in trading.

1.go with the trend

do you really need arrows on the screen to draw a line at the top of the range and one at the bottom?

2. the entry is the easiest part

all both these systems are really giving us is an entry point, in a trending market its very easy to just let the trade run and keep moving the stop up. but what happens when it gets a bit more choppy do you move to break, let it turn into a loss or take a small profit and then kick yourself when you miss a big move.

My point is that with so much of the trade management been discretionary do we really need to pay for an entry point?

The biggest hing these two systems give us is the confidence to make the trade. If I had to buy one it would be sniper simply due to price and the ability to use it in a similer way to fx53 if i wanted to, i'm sure i could even tweak the sniper period to get the arrows to match up with the fx53 arrows.

One thing i have learned trialling sniper is that it is easier to trade with the trend then it is to try and trade support/resistance, or maybe I have been trading the range in the wrong way buying at support rather then waiting for price to move off of it first and start trending back up.

Might have to request a name change to trendie2 and also slap myself for trying to trade the dow intraday all these years.

Wil and Elefteros,

Wil, Glad you are getting the feel of it! I haven't bought as I said before, and am currently trying out a similar way of trading. But I may yet do so. If it were £100 or even $100 I would probably just go for it.

If you do buy, I think you are very likely to be successful with it. But as ever, it's not until you actually start using a system or method that you discover how it is to trade with. That is the advantage I am getting doing what I am doing at present, which is almost the same as FX53, and if I did decide to go with FX53, I'm pretty sure it would contain no surprises. I think the method is pretty adaptable to different market conditions. FX53 is really a breakout strategy, which is good for forex trading.

The more I think about it the more I realise how stressful it is to trade Sniper, always trying to follow the market as it jumps about. I feel a bit bad about it, because I think it was me that set the hare running in the first place on the Concept thread!

Elefteros,

I am having the same thoughts as you. Do we really need the arrows? Also agree that although you need a good entry, entry is the easy bit, it's managing the trade that really makes it count.

I think breakout strategies are best for forex, and the FX53 method (whether or not you actually use FX53) is very suitable.

Interestingly, using these prepackaged systems (or even the Concept-FX type black box) is valuable as a learning experience, and I think it gets one on the way to confident independent trading.

Have been trialling sniper for a couple of weeks now and have to say it has been frustrating at times, mainly due to the constant ups and downs.
If following the alerts strictly you will get plenty of losers along with the winners. I haven't been acting on all alerts due to them going against the bigger trend so I can't tell if the wins would have offset the losses.
the eurjpy today is a good example, it didn't look like a good trade when the sell alert came through but would have given an easy 250 pip profit. But would taking all it's other alerts today have left you with a good percentage of that?
I like the idea of following the trend using the arrows, may be better if you aren't able to follow the days's alerts constantly, but where do you set your stop loss?

so do you mean that even if the signal is on teh 1hr frame and if on 4hr its opposite liek eur/dolla last night...then dont take the trade ??

Im only looking at 1hr frames

No good just following signals at random, or making it up as you go along. You need a clear consistent strategy. Are you trading the one hour chart or the 4 hour? Maybe you should only enter when both are in the same direction, and stay out when they are out of sync. That way you get a clear sense of trend direction. Or maybe trade the one hour chart, but take the lead from the daily. Something like that. Look at the "3 ducks" thread, where the system of following trend on three timeframes is expounded.

I'm expecting my sniper to switch off any minute, so I thought I'd post the results of today's trades-

short - usd/chf -39 pips
short eur/usd -52 pips
long usd/chf +104 pips
short eur/ usd +152 pips

so overall, today would have gained me 165 pips, which, if I was trading for real, I'd be more than happy with. All my trades have been stopped as I'm not sure when sniper will cease, but, all these trades are getting better all the time. I'm probably just getting comfortable with sniper now that my trial is coming to an end, which is a pity. I got into these trades today with a bit of help from elsewhere; the thread for 3 ducks is well worth a read (thanks Sandy) and I tried to incorporate this ethos into todays trades - some of you guys are so right, it really does seem to be all about the trend.

Sandy, Elefteros - you are both right about trading plans. In the long run, it will come down to the management of each trade that will make or lose money, however, unless you are super confident in your ability to see where the trade is likely to go, I think we would all be glad of a "crutch" to help us along the way, and indicate where a trade may lie. The systems such as sniper/ FX53 etc may not be perfect, but if they can help a little bit, they may be worth the cost.

u said short eur/usd -52 pips

what time is the signal and is that for the 1 hour time frame

the only signal on eur/usd for me was at about 13:00 mt4 time ( about 11am GMT ) and if that was to run it would have netted so far 220 pips and still going...

ive added my screenshot to have a look at ...

not sure what your saying....is there something wromg with mine

I'm expecting my sniper to switch off any minute, so I thought I'd post the results of today's trades-

short - usd/chf -39 pips
short eur/usd -52 pips
long usd/chf +104 pips
short eur/ usd +152 pips

so overall, today would have gained me 165 pips, which, if I was trading for real, I'd be more than happy with. All my trades have been stopped as I'm not sure when sniper will cease, but, all these trades are getting better all the time. I'm probably just getting comfortable with sniper now that my trial is coming to an end, which is a pity. I got into these trades today with a bit of help from elsewhere; the thread for 3 ducks is well worth a read (thanks Sandy) and I tried to incorporate this ethos into todays trades - some of you guys are so right, it really does seem to be all about the trend.

Sandy, Elefteros - you are both right about trading plans. In the long run, it will come down to the management of each trade that will make or lose money, however, unless you are super confident in your ability to see where the trade is likely to go, I think we would all be glad of a "crutch" to help us along the way, and indicate where a trade may lie. The systems such as sniper/ FX53 etc may not be perfect, but if they can help a little bit, they may be worth the cost.

Attachments

• 4 sept sniper.JPG
    4 sept sniper.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

short - usd/chf -39 pips
short eur/usd -52 pips
long usd/chf +104 pips
short eur/ usd +152 pips

so overall, today would have gained me 165 pips
------------------------------------------------------------------============================
well done wil68
Today ( in between painting the house ) I have been using Sniper to trade and made about 120 pips, mostly on gbpusd.
on several trades. Checking out each alert to find the plausible ones keeps me very busy, Looking up and down the time scales is important to get the full picture.
If I see that a trade has got halfway to the stop, and is going there with no sign of a turnaround , I close it. That has save quite a few pips , but whether that will be a normal thing to do I don't know . Better than seeing ones money rushing towards a cliiff !! Lots to learn, and many interesting thoughts on this thread.
tips for pips

so am i right in saying that if 1 hr and 4 hr are the opposite you would not take the trade ?

also explorer you said youve had several trades today on gbp/usd - on the 1hr there are only 2 trades...one long and one short ..u can look at my jpg in the above post....can u clarify ??

thanks

Gonnamakeit, sorry for the confusion, all those pips must have went to my head. Signal came in at 6.22am for LONG eur/usd, losing me 52 first thing in the morning.

I too only got two signals for gbp/usd at 7.07am 4.01pm.

I'm surprised that my sniper is still working, so will try again for as long as it's on. Got alert for long eur/gbp so have taken it as everything else is correct colour. If I was trading for real I wouldn't have taken it as it doesn't come out as a good trade on 3 ducks. However, still trialing so it's on.