Sniper Forex System

Pvisser..thanks the email works now...a few issues

1) IM getting emails for all time frames....how doi just keep it for the hourly
2) also how do i get them for other pairs as well... ??
3) also stupid question but i guess mt4 needs to be on all the time for the email to come through....

Thanks a lot

Emails from all timeframes? Thats a bit strange, are you sure you don't have charts with other timeframes running behind your hourly charts?

If you set up the sniper template on other pairs it will automatically send you alerts.

And yes it only works when MT4 is running.

Deaf Ears?

I refer to my earlier suggestion for a modification of Sniper and using it in a different way. So far it is working brilliantly. Chart not stuffed with indicators. Made 200 pips on Cable alone in two days, no whipsaw. Feels really cool, and none of that "chasing the market" and waiting for alerts that you get with Sniper. I can put in trade entries (as well as limits/stops) as pending orders, and then just wait for the market to come to me. Classic way to trade. On daily or hourly timeframe could suit the EOD people.

Hi first post after following the concept thread then this one - couldn't bring myself to pay 4K for a system I could not evaluate myself beforehand so opted to try then buy sniper.

Have found with sniper that checking the timeframes either side of the 1hr can show the trend going in a different direction from the 1hr alert. If the trends showing either side of the 1hr are in the same direction it seems to results in a better trade.

Anybody on here noticed anything similar?

Gavin

Hi first post after following the concept thread then this one - couldn't bring myself to pay 4K for a system I could not evaluate myself beforehand so opted to try then buy sniper.

Have found with sniper that checking the timeframes either side of the 1hr can show the trend going in a different direction from the 1hr alert. If the trends showing either side of the 1hr are in the same direction it seems to results in a better trade.

Anybody on here noticed anything similar?

Gavin

Yes, much safer to trade in the direction of a trend on the larger timeframe. No question that you will get fewer losers. Try using the daily or 4 hour chart for trend, then trading the 5 or 15 min.

Also, read my post re a different way to use Sniper. Has the potential to severely beat Concept, and no big outlay.

I refer to my earlier suggestion for a modification of Sniper and using it in a different way. So far it is working brilliantly. Chart not stuffed with indicators. Made 200 pips on Cable alone in two days, no whipsaw. Feels really cool, and none of that "chasing the market" and waiting for alerts that you get with Sniper. I can put in trade entries (as well as limits/stops) as pending orders, and then just wait for the market to come to me. Classic way to trade. On daily or hourly timeframe could suit the EOD people.

Sandy, without wanting to sound like a lazy ****** (21 pages to read through), can you explain your earlier suggestion. Also, what made you trade cable? I have read many of your posts and you sound like a seasoned trader; any help for the FOREX novices would be much appreciated. I have said before, I normally trade options EOD, so a system that would allow me to trade FOREX in the same way, would suit me much better. I am also looking at OZFX system and trying it out on demo. This system also has an alert service which is payable, although I haven't been able to access the actual web site for several days (maybe system has proved to be flawed and has now stopped producing alerts). Anyway, if you feel like sharing your system again (or telling the date of original post) I'd be most grateful.

.......Anyway, if you feel like sharing your system again (or telling the date of oridinal post) I'd be most grateful.

Hi Wil,

Click on my name next to this post. Click on View more posts...... Look for one headed Lateral Thinking. There is nothing I can add. I am still working on it.

BTW, Yes I have been trading for several years, but I am trading from a low base after a lot of losing! I think I am getting near to being successful, but most of what I say/think is based on the ever hopeful "learning experience" of losing. The biggest lessons? Don't be naive, this is a very difficult business. Don't gamble. Money Management. Discipline. Don't trade when you are not feeling cool about it.

sandy post up a chart of what u r doing if you can, its often easier to understand when we can see it on a chart.

Yes, much safer to trade in the direction of a trend on the larger timeframe. No question that you will get fewer losers. Try using the daily or 4 hour chart for trend, then trading the 5 or 15 min.

Also, read my post re a different way to use Sniper. Has the potential to severely beat Concept, and no big outlay.

Thanks Sandy, I'm a novice to forex and have done very little spreadbetting, have so far learned not to regard it as easy money!

The lateral thinking thing sounds interesting, will give your suggestions a go

Cheers

sandy post up a chart of what u r doing if you can, its often easier to understand when we can see it on a chart.

Eleftheros,

Honestly, much much better to look at the FX53.com site like I said, and watch the videos. They are very clear, and you can see the real action over 4 months (Aug not yet posted), not just one snapshot. Just imagine you are actually watching a Sniper chart. Not trying to be awkward, it really would be the best way. At first I was a bit bamboozled by it, but eventually it sank into my thick old skull. You're a bright young chap I guess and you'll probably get it first time!!!

Hi all

Been following this thread since it started because I was originally interested in Concept FX. Any way I have been running a demo of sniper for 2 days now and I must say I am really starting to get excited! I have been watching the trades start when the alerts come in and watching them progress. If you stick very closely to the strategy advised by Gary most of the trades alerted over the past couple of days would have brought a good few pips in the bag. I am demoing sniper over the 6 major curency pairs, gold, oil and even the major index`s all on a 1 HR time frame.

Regards

Dave

Sandy

Have you actually bought into the FX53 system? I think I know what your getting at trying to incorporate both systems, but isn't it a little dangerous ? Without knowing what actually triggers each system's arrows, how can you substitute the managemant of each.

The FX53 system is a bit hard to follow I admit, but there does seem to be something in it. The only thing which I'm wary of, is that it must be easy to produce some past charts and put indicators on when you know where they should go. I'm going to contact Kevin to try and get some more information as it would be interesting to find out what you actually get for the money.

signal on hourly to go long eur/usd

signal on 4hourly and daily to go short on eur/usd

what does one do....

sleep and see where it is tomorrow:) --decided to leave this one as I went long earlier and got 30.

You need a strategy

signal on hourly to go long eur/usd

signal on 4hourly and daily to go short on eur/usd

what does one do....

No good just following signals at random, or making it up as you go along. You need a clear consistent strategy. Are you trading the one hour chart or the 4 hour? Maybe you should only enter when both are in the same direction, and stay out when they are out of sync. That way you get a clear sense of trend direction. Or maybe trade the one hour chart, but take the lead from the daily. Something like that. Look at the "3 ducks" thread, where the system of following trend on three timeframes is expounded.

Sandy

Have you actually bought into the FX53 system? I think I know what your getting at trying to incorporate both systems, but isn't it a little dangerous ? Without knowing what actually triggers each system's arrows, how can you substitute the managemant of each.

The FX53 system is a bit hard to follow I admit, but there does seem to be something in it. The only thing which I'm wary of, is that it must be easy to produce some past charts and put indicators on when you know where they should go. I'm going to contact Kevin to try and get some more information as it would be interesting to find out what you actually get for the money.

No I haven't bought in to FX53 (well not yet). I am not really mixing two systems. I am simply using Sniper as one of any number of possible trend following systems (the arrows are produced by the 3 MAs). It is clear that FX53 is using a trend following system for producing the arrows. You find that all trend following systems produce signals in roughly the same areas, they would wouldn't they. Optimisation probably not ideal, but danger no.

Don't worry, FX53 is def not a scam!! I have had a lot of exchanges with the guy. Actually there is nothing very original in FX53, it is a conventional strategy of trading breaks of earlier trends.

BTW, FX53 runs on Visual Trader, not MT4. Not a problem.

ok I missed the short on gbp/usd yesterday morning and then didn't trade the later short signal either, I have however takn the long signal this morning got in at 1.7780

From what i have gathered the signal to take a trade takes place during the bar that the arrow is on not at the close.

ok I missed the short on gbp/usd yesterday morning and then didn't trade the later short signal either, I have however takn the long signal this morning got in at 1.7780

From what i have gathered the signal to take a trade takes place during the bar that the arrow is on not at the close.

I am demoing sniper at the mo and did not recieve the long signal this morning on GBP/USD. I did however recieve it yesterday afternoon but the 2 sniper trends A + B at not turned blue. However they turned this morning so I guess the long signal still applied ??

Just out of interest sniper gave me a long signal on gold at 3PM yesterday at 797. Gold now trading at 812. Not bad heh.

Dave