Sniper Forex System

cool never realised we had such a pool of talent here,

would it be too much to ask for an alert that goes off when a sniper stop is touched on chosen tf??

This would make my life so much easier if i had this as i might actually get some sleep!!

Try this.

cool never realised we had such a pool of talent here,

would it be too much to ask for an alert that goes off when a sniper stop is touched on chosen tf??

This would make my life so much easier if i had this as i might actually get some sleep!!

Attachments

• ATRStops_my V5x.ex4
    12.3 KB · Views: 272
Hi All,

Any of you afitionados still use Sniper on 4H charts regularly. I know Salva does. Moved jobs and CANNOT be caught checking my charts regularly as I used to previously. Is 4H still profitable in the long run ? ?

The Stockman. . . .

I see sniper forex is up for sale on ebay again. Price in December was £99,900 been relisted a few times with a price of £250,000 but still no takers. S'pose that's inflation for you. Item number: 280472238151 if anyone's interested.

I see sniper forex is up for sale on ebay again. Price in December was £99,900 been relisted a few times with a price of £250,000 but still no takers. S'pose that's inflation for you. Item number: 280472238151 if anyone's interested.

bit lke selling a house, you do it up before selling it to get top $$ or gary already sold it, then the new owner/mug realised he was never gonna recoup the outlay so did it up in order to re-sale:LOL:

btw anyone remember the name of the other system he was selling?

the sniper-stops indicator is quite interesting.
obviously, its using previous ranges and ATR etc to decide where the stops should be.
I have modified it so you can reset the initial parameters, so you can experiment with it.

I am not implying you will make money with different settings, nor that the default ones dont work.
Just for fun.

Dont ask me what the values represent. Read the code.

EDIT: Possible copyright issues. so have removed it! sorry.

Last edited:
ATR is great, because it incorporates volatility and trend (with indicator like my ATR Stops - see above or Sniper Stop which is variation for ATR stops). In combination with moving averages (or HMA as in our case) it can represent a great trend following system...

Have a good weekend!

the sniper-stops indicator is quite interesting.
obviously, its using previous ranges and ATR etc to decide where the stops should be.
I have modified it so you can reset the initial parameters, so you can experiment with it.

I am not implying you will make money with different settings, nor that the default ones dont work.
Just for fun.

Dont ask me what the values represent. Read the code.

EDIT: Possible copyright issues. so have removed it! sorry.

Jerry,
Thanks for the indicator. It is the closest to the Sniper dot that I have seen yet. I noticed that it has a send alert function. Does that send an email alert?
Kent

ATR is great, because it incorporates volatility and trend (with indicator like my ATR Stops - see above or Sniper Stop which is variation for ATR stops). In combination with moving averages (or HMA as in our case) it can represent a great trend following system...

Have a good weekend!

I have been running sniper for a few days now, what would you say is a good time to enter, what i mean is, do you wait until you see solid three blue lines or red for short, on several frames, say the 1m / 15m and the 1m.
Going really well with sniper so far.
Thanks

When everything comes into alignment on the 1H t/f , you should enter, as per Sniper Forex rules in the manual.
Take your entries based on the t/f you are going to trade.
Kent

I have been running sniper for a few days now, what would you say is a good time to enter, what i mean is, do you wait until you see solid three blue lines or red for short, on several frames, say the 1m / 15m and the 1m.
Going really well with sniper so far.
Thanks

Last edited:
When everything comes into alignment on the 1H t/f , you should enter, as per Sniper Forex rules in the manual.
Take your entries based on the t/f you are going to trade.
Kent

So are you saying ignore any reds on the other timeframes, go only on the 1hr, when all lines are blue/red and hopefully your "in there at the start of the arrow indicator" , stick with it and you should come out of it ok.

I do find, looking at the 1 hr chart overall on the day, this seems to be case so far, bit scary though when the 1m and 15m chart alterts go off to go in the opposite direction of the 1 hr chart, i mean you have to hold your nerve dont u think.

With an understanding of Elliott Wave theory, you would understand that each t/f may trend in different directions at the same time. Generally, the 1M will start changing, then the 5M, then the 15M, and so on until things are going in the same direction, then all of a sudden it starts changing again. . If you start watching different t/f's without an understanding of what is going on at different degrees, then it will drive you crazy and you will not take trades. That's why it is important to watch the 1H and leave all of the others alone until you have a better understanding of Forex from top to bottom.
Kent

So are you saying ignore any reds on the other timeframes, go only on the 1hr, when all lines are blue/red and hopefully your "in there at the start of the arrow indicator" , stick with it and you should come out of it ok.

I do find, looking at the 1 hr chart overall on the day, this seems to be case so far, bit scary though when the 1m and 15m chart alterts go off to go in the opposite direction of the 1 hr chart, i mean you have to hold your nerve dont u think.

ATR indicator, do i just attach it to the chart even though sniperforex is already on! Thanks Forexkunta for your help and understanding.

I'd like to pose a general question regarding the use of sniperfx on 4H versus 1H charts.

Greenfield has done an admirable job manually trading the 1H chart for the best part of 10 months, however I think it would be fair to say that trading on this basis with more than one pair would be almost impossible. I am demo trading using the donnaforex EA which means it is feasible to run sniperfx on multiple pairs and on different timeframes.

What are your views on beating the transaction costs when comparing the 4H and 1H timeframes?

I know some participants have decided not to trade on 4H as they feel the drawdown is too great but I don't follow this logic. Once you have determined your risk per trade then this would be applied equally whether using a 1H or 4H chart. Obviously the position size on 4H would be smaller to reflect the higher stop that sniper would run with.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Fantastic this forex lark, uno if you had been a road digger or dustbin man, well it's quite exciting to think you could just click a mouse, watch a chart, better still buy sniperforex, if you will, pick it up as it were, it's a bit like being dropped in the middle of a field.......I am on No.49 on this thread...several and many to go yet, very, very, interesting, can't wait to read the rest, so funny, truly great stuff, i've not laughed this much for ages! Some of these posts are truly funny I LOL. What a great thread.
Nice to see many members still here with sniper.
I have not gone live yet, still playing with it, lots to read including fractals!!!!

No, not easy, just a good system. Read through the thread. There is enough of us here to have no need to post results. Also, posted results can be altered. Go to the website and request a free demo, and see for yourself.
Regards,
Kent

this sounds too easy

can someone post results

thanks for reply i was asking because this thread does go back to 2008 and has over 300+ pages
i will look to demo
can you say how often and many signals you get day/week on avg

thanks

No, not easy, just a good system. Read through the thread. There is enough of us here to have no need to post results. Also, posted results can be altered. Go to the website and request a free demo, and see for yourself.
Regards,
Kent