Sniper Forex System

Hey GR,
Glad to see you still around. I dont trade it anymore myself due to the same reasons you lined out. I am using a 21 sma channel and like it pretty well. The setup is as follows: 21 sma of the high, 21 sma of the low, and a 5sma trigger. When the 5sma penetrates the high or low, then the entry is triggered. This is an Elliott Wave recommendation. I generally go to breakeven +5 when I reach 55 pips profit and trail my stop on the closest SMA channel line. Some weeks are good, and some weeks are not so good, but it is desined to keep you out of sloppy sideways markets. When the 5sma is in the channel then stay out. Try it on a demo and see how you like it.
Take care,
forexkunta

PS here is a screenshot. Cable has been good the last couple of weeks.

Hi FK, hope you are well.

Just read the above post. How are you getting on with this? Looks interesting.

Thanks.

Hey GR,
Glad to see you still around. I dont trade it anymore myself due to the same reasons you lined out. I am using a 21 sma channel and like it pretty well. The setup is as follows: 21 sma of the high, 21 sma of the low, and a 5sma trigger. When the 5sma penetrates the high or low, then the entry is triggered. This is an Elliott Wave recommendation. I generally go to breakeven +5 when I reach 55 pips profit and trail my stop on the closest SMA channel line. Some weeks are good, and some weeks are not so good, but it is desined to keep you out of sloppy sideways markets. When the 5sma is in the channel then stay out. Try it on a demo and see how you like it.
Take care,
forexkunta

PS here is a screenshot. Cable has been good the last couple of weeks.

this sounds interesting... wuld anyone know if its possible to get 21sma of high and low on one chat on ig index.

thanks

This thread was started about 4 years ago (in another 2 months it will be officially 4 years old). In approximately the first 3 years, there were 2860 posts made on this thread - an average of 953 posts per year. However, in the last 12 months, there has only been 22 posts made in this thread (obviously that is 22 posts averaged this past year).

So, my question is: how did this thread go from averaging 953 posts per year to only 22 posts during the past year? ( "past year" means from June 27th 2011 - June 27th 2012; it does not mean the entire calendar year of 2011 ).

Yesterday I subscribed to a 2 week free trial of SniperForex. Today I remembered seeing this thread awhile back here at Trade2Win and I decided to come here to see if people are still enthusiastic about it. I guess I got my answer when I saw that this thread has pretty much dried up.

So why has everyone essentially quit posting? Is the system not worth it? Is anyone using it in any capacity? Is the owner of SniperForex - Gary Pavkovich - lying about the "documented evidence" of the thousands of pips he claims to make each year?

I don't want to waste my next 2 weeks (of the free trial) putting all my attention on this system if it isn't going the be worth it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tried out this system 2 or 3 years ago and didn't have any real success, but I decided to give it another try due to all the good reviews it has at the forexpeacearmy website... I figured that maybe I may have just misunderstood how the system worked. Thus, I am now giving it another try.

Last edited:
It is a trend following system and as such it makes money when there is a trend and looses some when there is none or it's choppy. To me it is "OK''. My problem is the screen time required. There is no particular set time to get trade signal (In or out) although Gary had suggested the London time. As far as his published results, I would not "swear" by them and you should take them (or any similar claim for that matter) with a grain of salt (or two).

Overall, I like it and you can make money with it as long as you have the time to "CONTINOUSLY" monitor the trades and you will have positive months if you follow 3 pairs (Cable, E/$ and E/Y) as I have.

Just my personal opinion, of course

Quickdraw2, I guess that you haven't read the whole thread, I can't blame you for that as it would take some time to read over 2,800 posts.
When I used this, the official results were always better than mine (and others who posted their results here)
I didn't give up on this because of poor performance of the system, it was because of the amount of time you need to dedicate to watching the market. There were more losers than winners, if I remember correctly, but the occasional big win would more than compensate for the smaller losses.
It' sod's law that if you don't spend nearly all your time in front of the screen, you will miss the big win that makes the difference between a winning and a losing month.
I don't know if they have done anything to modify the alerts since I used this. The alerts were a joke. You'd get lots of alerts of a possible trade set-up, but none when all the requirements for entering a trade were satisfied.

...and to add to that - the indicators repaint. What looks like a confirmed entry signal this hour might disappear in 2 hours time...

Quickdraw2, I guess that you haven't read the whole thread, I can't blame you for that as it would take some time to read over 2,800 posts.
When I used this, the official results were always better than mine (and others who posted their results here)
I didn't give up on this because of poor performance of the system, it was because of the amount of time you need to dedicate to watching the market. There were more losers than winners, if I remember correctly, but the occasional big win would more than compensate for the smaller losses.
It' sod's law that if you don't spend nearly all your time in front of the screen, you will miss the big win that makes the difference between a winning and a losing month.
I don't know if they have done anything to modify the alerts since I used this. The alerts were a joke. You'd get lots of alerts of a possible trade set-up, but none when all the requirements for entering a trade were satisfied.

I didn't give up on this because of poor performance of the system, it was because of the amount of time you need to dedicate to watching the market.

Sounds like one of the better systems out there - it indirectly teaches you that making money trading is not as easy as spending a few bob on a system. The perfect lesson.

Fancy that.

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my inquiry about this system. Due to the very few posts over the past year on this thread about this system - and due to the responses to my questions of a couple of days ago - I now have very little confidence in the SniperForex system. I feel it would be a waste of my time (and possibly my money) to follow this system. Therefore, when my 2 week free trial period ends, I will not give any consideration to purchasing this product.

Having said that, I am still very interested in anyone else's experiences and opinions about this system and what it has done (or not done) for you. Maybe there is someone out there that is somehow making it work.

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my inquiry about this system. Due to the very few posts over the past year on this thread about this system - and due to the responses to my questions of a couple of days ago - I now have very little confidence in the SniperForex system. I feel it would be a waste of my time (and possibly my money) to follow this system. Therefore, when my 2 week free trial period ends, I will not give any consideration to purchasing this product.

Having said that, I am still very interested in anyone else's experiences and opinions about this system and what it has done (or not done) for you. Maybe there is someone out there that is somehow making it work.

Hi you all. This is my first day on the 'trade2win' forum, found it while researching the Sniper Forex System on the internet. I'm trying out the demo version and so far, I'm impressed by the results on historical data. I know what you're thinking: 'looking at how a system performs on historical data is no good, 'cause they all repaint'. This is what I thought at first too, especially after I discovered that even the famous 'Forex Stealth System' does repaint, a fact that the makers of it acknowledged when I wrote them a message about this. To my surprise, the Sniper Forex System (SFS) is not guilty of repainting, at least it doesn't repaint the red and blue 'signal arrows' - there are many 'bad' arrows to be found on the historical charts data, which is very nice if you wanna look up how many pips you would have lost when entering into these 'bad trades' and by the way, the answer seems to be: much less than the pips you can gain with the winning signals...

Anyway, gonna test it all out during the coming few weeks, but after trying a lot of different trading systems, this one looks pretty good.

Actually, the reason I'm writing this quick first impression review is that I wanted to correct the above quoted post, which implies that the author hasn't come across any positive user reviews for the SFS, while all he/she had to do is go read the comments on the Forex Peace Army site :smart:.

Will post my experiences with this system here soon.

'Till then, happy trading!

Ronald,
I appreciate that this is a very long thread and would take a long time to read the whole thing.
I don't know where you get the idea that sniper does not repaint, it most definitely does. This has been discussed many times in this thread.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/37134-sniper-forex-system-117.html#post979412

Above is a link to post #2338
Where I posted a screenshot of a couple of expensive losing trades that were signalled and the arrows subsequently disappeared.

Don't believe all the reviews that you see on FPA. A lot of them are posted by people assosiated with the products reviewed.

Ronald,
I appreciate that this is a very long thread and would take a long time to read the whole thing.
I don't know where you get the idea that sniper does not repaint, it most definitely does. This has been discussed many times in this thread.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/37134-sniper-forex-system-117.html#post979412

Above is a link to post #2338
Where I posted a screenshot of a couple of expensive losing trades that were signaled and the arrows subsequently disappeared.

Don't believe all the reviews that you see on FPA. A lot of them are posted by people assosiated with the products reviewed.

Hi GumRai,

If the Sniper Forex System (SFS) repaints, it does a poor job at it; I found many 'bad arrows' on historical chart data in MT4, something that can't be said of the Forex Stealth System (FSS), which is actually a pretty good system (too?), in my experience. Also, SFS places arrows at the exact entry point, while FSS gives an alert for a possible trade and then puts its arrow above or below the previous candle! This looks very good afterwards, of course, and combined with erasing the 'bad arrows', FSS looks wonderful on historical data.

Because I was (and still am) pretty much impressed by Forex Stealth System, I'm sure gonna try out the Sniper Forex System (well, I've put them together on my charts, in order to see if I can come up with an advanced trading system... :whistling ).

Regarding your advice to not trust everything one reads on Forex Peace Army, the same goes for the internet as a whole, and actually goes for all information that's out there, in this greedy world of us - I've been researching the medical industry for several years and have to come to the conclusion that it's doing more harm than good, all because of the big money involved in it. But I rather put some trust in Forex Peace Army than in most other 'reviewing' sites, and even forums (if it's really true that 95% of people involved in trading are failing at it, why would one rely heavily on advice found in trading-forums, right? :sneaky: ).

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my findings the coming weeks.

Regards,

Ronald

Last edited:
Ronald,
the repainting in SFS does not remove all the bad trade signals. It is when a trade is signalled and quickly moves in the wrong direction that the arrow disappears.

"Also, SFS places arrows at the exact entry point,"

Most times it does not as you have to wait for the histograms to agree, this can sometimes take hours or maybe never.

Good luck with it, I am sure that you will do quite well if you are able to dedicate to the huge amount of screen time necessary to trade with this.

I have to admit that Sniper actually does a very good job of showing a trend. But so does any trendline that you put on the screen. I actually use a 21 sma channel to show trend on all of my charts, from forex to stock indexes. They work well. One thing that Sniper does that I don't care for is the actual triggers for a trade. I really prefer to use discretion based on Elliott Wave to determine when to get in and when to get out. The channel is just there for a quick glace to show trend. All trend following methods work pretty well on trending markets. It is just the non-trending markets that really create a problem with them. Save your money! The channel that I use is included in every trading software package on the planet. Learn a little about the software you use and learn about price action, and don't worry about the best system out there. The best system is actually discretionary trading, and you learn that by the old trial and error method. If you know nothing about the markets, then buying a system will do nothing for you. If you don't need to be a trader, then the markets will let you know that after about 3 years of losing money. You WILL lose money jumping from system to system. That is a guarantee. Even with Sniper Forex!

And if you have any kind of sense about you, run like hell away from the Forex markets! You will be better for it in the long run!

Did somebody worked with this system on live account. Could you share your opinion? How does it work. And what are the real results?

Did somebody worked with this system on live account. Could you share your opinion? How does it work. And what are the real results?

About 3 years ago I traded this on a live account. Trouble was that the necessary screen time meant that it was impossible to have a LIFE.
There was always a marked difference between the vendors reported gains and actual gains.
I did post some excel spreadsheets back then and someone else was constantly posting updates with his trading. Can't be sure if I can remember his name ,Greenfields?, something like that I think.

Thanks, GumRai for feedback. Do you trade now for some strategy? Maybe some special rules or statements which helps you? Could you share?

Thanks, GumRai for feedback. Do you trade now for some strategy? Maybe some special rules or statements which helps you? Could you share?

Nowadays I tend to simply trade pullbacks in a trend with limit orders off of S/R levels.

Hello snipers!

I bought sniper back in april 2009 but I am still not successfull like the majority of traders. Lost more than 14 000 $ since. I should have stopped early but I continued losing trying to recoup my losses. Scalping and daytrading is hard and not for newbies. Taking a break from forex for now. So newbies learn from my mistakings.

Regards!

Formerly known as new2fx