Sniper Forex System

Hey Everyone,
The robot has been released at version 3 with much customization, and according to the creator, it is trading exactly by the Sniper rules. So far, according to the stats, it is up by 764 pips in the last 30 days. She has a t/p of 100 pips for each trade, so perhaps, is not getting the full impact of what sniper can do. It is well worth the look.
Regards,
Kent
Hello Kent,
Thanks for bringing the robot to our attention. It's a very exciting development. It seems that it will be possible to open several trades with different TPs – very interesting.

Hi guys,
I've just signed up to this web site and requested a copy of the robot. Will leave it running on a demo account for a month or two and will keep you updated just so people can have a second set of results to follow and make their decisions on.

Hi guys,
I've just signed up to this web site and requested a copy of the robot. Will leave it running on a demo account for a month or two and will keep you updated just so people can have a second set of results to follow and make their decisions on.

MP,
I would be interested in knowing if the EA has email alert capabilities for when a trade is opened and closed. Let me know if that is the case when you get it.
Thanks,
Kent

Hello Kent,

At present, it does not. But I guess it is still work in progress so Donna may code that facility into the EA if enough people request it.

EA seems to be doing fine at present. Started using it last Tuesday and so far.

7 trades
2 losses(n)
2 breakevens:|
4 wins.(y)

I'm liking this, :cool:as I work full time and in the last 2 weeks, I have lost my ability to log on at work, so I set it up Monday AM and check it when I come home in the evenings. As has been indicated in this forum many times, unnless you are at home or work from home, it is pretty difficult to manage Sniper 1H.

The Stockman.

Hello Kent,

At present, it does not. But I guess it is still work in progress so Donna may code that facility into the EA if enough people request it.

EA seems to be doing fine at present. Started using it last Tuesday and so far.

7 trades
2 losses(n)
2 breakevens:|
4 wins.(y)

I'm liking this, :cool:as I work full time and in the last 2 weeks, I have lost my ability to log on at work, so I set it up Monday AM and check it when I come home in the evenings. As has been indicated in this forum many times, unnless you are at home or work from home, it is pretty difficult to manage Sniper 1H.

The Stockman.

Eric,
Thanks for letting me know. I am waiting for Donna to send me the EA at the present time. What were the net pips gained?
Kent

I make it 160 pips gain.

TP on JPY is 100 so 1 win & 1 loss cancels out.

TP on USD is 80, 3 wins & 1 loss makes 240 - 80.

Not bad for 1 week I guess.

My lot sizing at present is nothing to write home about though.

Hi Greenfield,

It does make your head want to explode when trying to compare results and find the reasons for discrepancies :eek: Thanks, I know it's not easy.

Your results show 405 pips in November
Mine 202, a difference of 203.
(Sniper website claims 562)

I've mentioned previously there there were a few changes to the rules that existing Sniper customers weren't informed of. One is the Friday night rule, actually not a hard and fast rule - “It is usually best to close any open positions before market close on Friday.” It could be argued that it's sensible to close all trades Friday. But I hadn't been doing this, and I have found that quite often a trend starting Friday can continue into Monday. It can add quite a lot onto the trade, sometimes 100s of points. Obviously it can also do the opposite. I must admit that watching the price movement Sunday can be a bit scarey. It's something I'm keeping an eye on, and might change – I closed ½ the short from Friday and let the rest run (a sort of compromise). So this accounts for one of the differences (my trade closing Mon 2 Nov +92.5 pts).

The first trade that you mention was opened on the 30th October, so I include that in October's results, not November's. So that accounts for 92.5 pips of the difference between our results.

First thing in the morning (GMT), sometimes the indicators show that a trade should be closed (at some point during the Asian session). But just after 6.00, the movement in price may be heading back in the direction of the original trade. So I'll wait and keep the trade open (#1). In the same way, there may be a trade initiated during the Asian session (#2). At 6, it might be heading against the direction of the trade. I'll wait and see, sometimes watching it head towards the SL. Not always of course.

So, first thing 2 Nov I didn't take the long (#2). Your trade -98pts.

The Long trade early on 2nd November was a valid trade according to the rules, but you sensibly didn't take it. So that loss of 98 pips is not in your results, so that accounts for 190 pips difference already.

9 Nov. you took the long first thing. It was 86 pts above the price that it could have been taken. It could be argued that the rules say it shouldn't have been taken. The reason that I know the price is that I took it – on Sunday night (rightly or wrongly). I got 76.7, you got -13.

I agree that the 9th November early long wasn't exactly sticking to the rules, but then it appears that you entered this long before 6AM GMT, so your trade was based more on your own discretion more than the rules :)

9 Nov short. My trade was stopped out at 6712. your trade was closed at 6784, which is 81 pts above the stop. I don't know why that happened. My trade +4.2, your trade -57.

This trade was opened at about 5PM 9 Nov, the sniper stop was 1.6772 and never changed. That stop was hit at midnight. For some reason, you set your stop 60 pips below the sniper stop. You would have lost 50 pips on this deal if you had used the sniper stop.

The 2 deals that you didn't enter because of the long previous candle, 1 small gain, 1 small loss more or less cancel each other out.
I'm interested to know - what do you call a long candle? Is it a set range? Difference between high and low or open and close?

I assume that you didn't take the short on 23rd October as it followed a long candle, and that trade made

There will be slight differences in our results due to different entry times etc and they probably equal out over time.

But if you take your profit for November of 405
minus 92.5 for the 30 Oct trade as I do not include that in my results for Nov.
minus 98 for the early long on 2nd Nov that you didn't take.
-60 for the 9th November trade that you must have entered the wrong stop
That would bring your results down to about 155, so taking into account slightly different entry/exit times and that I use sniper stop +/- 10, our results are basically the same :)

This just strengthens my suspicions that the results on the Sniper website are not the results of actual trades, but are compiled with the benefit of hindsight!

It would be interesting to compare our results and Gary's trade by trade, but they do not appear on the website, so it would be necessary to get a list from Gary himself.

This just strengthens my suspicions that the results on the Sniper website are not the results of actual trades, but are compiled with the benefit of hindsight!

It would be interesting to compare our results and Gary's trade by trade, but they do not appear on the website, so it would be necessary to get a list from Gary himself.

Thats fighting talk!!

I received an email on Wed, Dec-2nd titled "562 pips", and had a screenshot of his account.
Dont know if you are still subscribed to Garys emails, but hopefully someone else can confirm the pic I posted to be the image in the email sent.
Can you make sense of the trades in the screenshot?

Also, interesting point about donnaforex site (good find, Kent). here again, close on 800 pips over 30 days, is about 40 pips a day, isnt it?

Attachments

• sniper-562pips.jpg
    sniper-562pips.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 196
Jerry,
Here is a link to another forum that has developed an EA for Sniper. Everyone that is interested, should check it out. It also has a link to a stats page to show how it has been doing in the last month or so. Looks pretty good so far.

http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=79.120
Regards,
Kent

Hello Kent,
I checked this thread, couldn't see the link to the stats. I did see Autotrader's link, but found the hub pages confusing and difficult to navigate.
Autotrader posted

Quick summary of donnas stats.

Donnas Sniper stats 09/11/09-01/12/09
28 trades
12 losers avg pip size= 46.083
14 wins avg pip size= 83.428
2 break evens= 0
Total P/L= +615 pips

Win rate= 50%
Lose rate= 42.85%
Break even = 7.14%

Just for fun:
Biggest win = (100 pips) 200.80
Biggest loss = (-92 pips) -183.60
Bet size = 0.2

I don't know if it is just coincidence, but he starts from 9th November, so missing out the 6 losers and 1 winner at the start of the month.
This EA seems to set stoploss at break even in certain conditions - no idea what!
Also has take profits at 100. Over this period, taking profits at 100 has worked in your favour. But it's a figure just plucked from nowhere and I believe will limit potential over the long term.
As an EA has no discretion and follows the rules exactly as it is told, it will be interesting to see how this works out. I'm glad to see that some posters here will be updating us with progress.

Thats fighting talk!!

I received an email on Wed, Dec-2nd titled "562 pips", and had a screenshot of his account.
Dont know if you are still subscribed to Garys emails, but hopefully someone else can confirm the pic I posted to be the image in the email sent.

Also, interesting point about donnaforex site (good find, Kent). here again, close on 800 pips over 30 days, is about 40 pips a day, isnt it?

Thanks for posting that Trendie,

I will take a look and see what I can make of it.

Hello GumRai,

I've had 2 breakevens.

Simply the EA moves your stoploss by how many pips you predetermine to move move it in your favour, after your trade yields some pips. mine is set to 30.

In this case I don't have a losing trade once I have made 30 pips.

The Stockman.

Gary's account looks good £6000 for November.

Regards

Hello GumRai,
When I mentioned a comparison to Gary's trades, I was referring to the email that trendie posted. I've never seen a whole month of results from Sniper so it would be good to have a thorough look at them. Are you volunteering?

“What do you call a long candle?” I have no more idea than you. I go for 115-125.
No, I didn't take the the 23rd Oct short – the bar was 253.

I've just realised what happened with the 9 Nov short. The reason for the difference was – incredible luck. With Alpari, the high was 6787 and would have closed the trade at a SL of 6784 (6774+10=6784). My main trade was with IG – the high was 6779.8 so I wasn't stopped out at this point, but later on for a gain of 4.2 You were stopped out at this earlier point for a loss of 57. It's the opposite to how IG usually works – this was a one-off

As I've mentioned before, the results I've been getting over the last 7 months average about 68% of those on the website.

GF,
I just have one question for you. With all of the comparisons and lost trades and internet disconnects, over the last 7 months, are you better off, or worse? Has it been worth while?
Regards,
Kent

Hello GumRai,
When I mentioned a comparison to Gary's trades, I was referring to the email that trendie posted. I've never seen a whole month of results from Sniper so it would be good to have a thorough look at them. Are you volunteering?

“What do you call a long candle?” I have no more idea than you. I go for 115-125.
No, I didn't take the the 23rd Oct short – the bar was 253.

I've just realised what happened with the 9 Nov short. The reason for the difference was – incredible luck. With Alpari, the high was 6787 and would have closed the trade at a SL of 6784 (6774+10=6784). My main trade was with IG – the high was 6779.8 so I wasn't stopped out at this point, but later on for a gain of 4.2 You were stopped out at this earlier point for a loss of 57. It's the opposite to how IG usually works – this was a one-off

As I've mentioned before, the results I've been getting over the last 7 months average about 68% of those on the website.

Last edited:
Thats fighting talk!!

I will have some more to say about this screenshot of the account when I have time.
The most glaring thing is the lack of trades between the 5th and 16th of November.
Was there any explanation of this?
Compared to my spreadsheet, there are 9 missing trades of which 7 were losers, a net loss of 133 pips!

Greenfield,
The stats for the Sniper EA seem to reflect what you have been saying about the average daily gain of 20 pips. See below.

Detailed Pips Summary

Pips since beginning 764
Pips last month 526
Pips current month 238

Avarage pips per trade 22.47

I guess if you want a better average, you need to add another currency pair.
Regards,
Kent

I guess if you want a better average, you need to add another currency pair.
Hello Kent,
Well, I'm working on it! This present GBPJPY short is doing well – I'm 180 pts up at the moment. It's certainly a pretty crazy pair at times though! It will be interesting to see the results of this pair on the EA.

Greenfield,
Yes, this short is doing pretty well. ATM I am up close to 400, and we still have a ways to go. I have joined and requested the EA at Donnaforex.com, so should have it sometime today, I hope. Guppy trends pretty well, so has always produced pretty well for me. Just tend to get away from it on other pairs at times. You have shown what consistency looks like, so this will be my primary pair from now on. And yes, it can get crazy, but it does produce.
Regards,
Kent(y)

Hello Kent,
Well, I'm working on it! This present GBPJPY short is doing well – I'm 180 pts up at the moment. It's certainly a pretty crazy pair at times though! It will be interesting to see the results of this pair on the EA.