Smart Technology Inc

smartboy said:
Why do not you believe on the company ?

Anyway , I was told that the trading will start in January 2006 . So I think I will wait for that date .

Good luck to All

Jan has come and gone. I wonder if these shares are listed yet?

Probabilities strongly suggest that they won't have.........

Not quite sure what you mean by your message Neil.

Maybe you have more experience or knowledge than others, I don't know, but we are all innocent at some time, and we are all prone to being scammed unless we have had a good teacher (such as yourself?) or a bad experience.

The reason that boiler rooms thrive is twofold - they tell a good and believable story to people who are not (yet) in the know, and people do have dreams.

Until the lesson has been learned, the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is" is easily ignored, pushed to one side by the hope that maybe, just this once, it might be real.

On second thoughts, I just re-read 'Smartboy's' posting... Some people are obstinate! :rolleyes:

FF

correction

neil said:
After reading these posts it is no wonder boiler room scams thrive - and beware of the "pump and dump" scammers who try to post here :|

I wrote: Checked out T2W for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.

Should have been: Checked out Google for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.

q0822pixel said:
I wrote: Checked out T2W for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.

Should have been: Checked out Google for Wellington-Duke Associates and T2W's site turned up.
had simelar calls myself. number of calls over 2 weeks when they thought they had me hooked offered me shares in black gold oil and gas( bkgd) . offered at 6dollars when 6.5. looked up company unable to find anything apart from what was on link they gave me. became very angry when i told them to go away. the shares are now about 1.25dollars. and dont know if it would be possible to sell them anyway as they are over the counter shares.
was nearly drawn in myself but my distrust of everyone saved me.

If you don't want to get scammed it's got nothing to do with 'knowing' nothing about finance or business BUT everything to do with being cynical when money is involved.

Strangers DO NOT 99.99% of the time call out of the blue offering people 'easy profits'.

So at the end of the day it comes down to COMMON SENSE and RESEARCH. This is why with the internet over 80% of those scammed could have saved their bacon by spending an hour or so Googling.

This is THE main reason why I always comment on these threads so as to create more information for the search engines to latch onto. Those that do their research on the internet are likely to find pages and sites like this and so better understand just what they're getting themselves into.

anley said:
If you don't want to get scammed it's got nothing to do with 'knowing' nothing about finance or business BUT everything to do with being cynical when money is involved.

Strangers DO NOT 99.99% of the time call out of the blue offering people 'easy profits'.

So at the end of the day it comes down to COMMON SENSE and RESEARCH. This is why with the internet over 80% of those scammed could have saved their bacon by spending an hour or so Googling.

This is THE main reason why I always comment on these threads so as to create more information for the search engines to latch onto. Those that do their research on the internet are likely to find pages and sites like this and so better understand just what they're getting themselves into.
to me it was the same with langbar, investors thinking they were getting shares worth £2 odd for 50-80p. as you say do your own research. with that company there wre plenty of investors with negative thoughts but they were shouted down on the bulition boards. as they say you get nowt for nowt.

I originally bought Smart Tech via Omega Equities, have received share cert, and having done a bit of checking (far too late) had decided to write it of to experience. However have just received further mail with shareholder voting sheet to return to smart Tech in USA. Now totally confused - do I have the shares or not? Why send Cert and later on, voting docs if a scam. Any idea how to find out if genuine or not. Mine were originally $7, states on website further stock at $8.50 available. Also done through Amgrove as per previous posts.
regards to all
I.V.

One way to see if it's a scam... You bought at 7, they're now at 8.50.
See if you can sell them back and take your profit.

Shareholder voting sheet?
If you vote (ie. fill in the form and send it off) how will you know if your vote has been effective?

Further stock is available?
Of course it is... who pays for it? The people who have already paid and (want to) believe in it, that's who.

Amgrove has ties to various 'organisations' which purport to be selling shares in various businesses - too many 'variouses' if you ask me. Why would money for services from "Wellington Duke" go to the same bank account as that of "Omega Equities"?
Where does Omega claim to be based? Check it out. If nothing else is known, start with the FSA - they will hwlp, if only with telephone numbers to widen the search.

By the way, Smart Tech does exist and they have a pretty impressive website, AND they're registered with the SEC in the USA. Check out their listing there. They say that they may never earn any income.

Last edited:
F.F.
I think it is still in the IPO stage so there is no active price currently, my main concern is whether I am an actual share holder or not. I originally thought not (scam), but then why would I receive the voting sheet, that's the bit that's puzzling me. I'm now thinking -perhaps it is ok and I'll sell when (if) they come live. (Who cares at what price -I'd written them off but $8.50 would be fine!!) If I were to email investor services at S.Tech would they tell me if I'm on the shareholders list? Lots of questions...that's why I have a suitable handle...thanks for reply above -appreciated.

IV.

Investalvirgin said:
F.F.
I think it is still in the IPO stage so there is no active price currently, my main concern is whether I am an actual share holder or not. I originally thought not (scam), but then why would I receive the voting sheet, that's the bit that's puzzling me. I'm now thinking -perhaps it is ok and I'll sell when (if) they come live. (Who cares at what price -I'd written them off but $8.50 would be fine!!) If I were to email investor services at S.Tech would they tell me if I'm on the shareholders list? Lots of questions...that's why I have a suitable handle...thanks for reply above -appreciated.

IV.
I. V.
I don't really know if you are a shareholder or not. I have seen very long lists of supposed shareholders - can't remember if it was on the American SEC site (I doubt it) or connected to S. T. site or perhaps even the Wellington-Duke site.
The point is probably that S. T. may never float - they state that they may never earn anything in their SEC statements and amendments to statements.
If you can trace whether or not the voting sheet actually came from S. T. or from your "advisory" group, you may be a little wiser.
I'd be interested to know where Omega claims to be based. Do you have an address? I have a contact in the Swiss government who could possibly shed light on that, if they claim to be in Switzerland.
Anyway, check out everything you can and post the results. That way, we all become a little wiser. Good luck
FF

send copies

Investalvirgin said:
I originally bought Smart Tech via Omega Equities, have received share cert, and having done a bit of checking (far too late) had decided to write it of to experience. However have just received further mail with shareholder voting sheet to return to smart Tech in USA. Now totally confused - do I have the shares or not? Why send Cert and later on, voting docs if a scam. Any idea how to find out if genuine or not. Mine were originally $7, states on website further stock at $8.50 available. Also done through Amgrove as per previous posts.
regards to all
I.V.
Why not send copies of the certificates to Smart Tech and ask if your registered address is the one you have.
Good luck.

Regarding the certs you got .

I am sure it is O.K . And to make sure about that just call the Transfer Agent and give them your name . They will tell you how many shares you are holding .

By the way , all those who posted that Smart Technology Inc. is a scam are incorrect .
Before almost 4 months , I was advised to buy Mobile Stream from Wellington Duke . They told me that they are going to buy me the shares at discount prices . At that time the stock price was $3.50 and they told me that they are going to buy me the shares under $3 . I bought some shares from them and bought more than 15K from the market . Right now the price is above $5.50 .

I think Smart Technology Inc. stock price will open above $25 . KPMG has evaluated Smart Technology Inc. stock price at price $22 per share .

Good luck to all

Omega Equites & Amgrove finance Ltd

Richard Hi there,

Just wondering how you got on with this? did you buy in? I've been offered an IPO via this 'Omega Equities' and payment via 'Amgrove Finance Ltd'? Please reply and let me know if it seemed genuine or not,
Many thanks
Tim,

theweb4u said:
We have been offered shares in a company called Smart Technology Inc who they say are aiming to launch on the American Stock Market or the NASDAQ through a broker Wellington-Duke & Associates from Switzerland. The money is to be sent through Amgrove Finance Ltd. whom we cannot seem to find any information about on the Internet apart from a mention in one of these Forums.
I have talked with Smart Technology in the USA who have a web site and seem to be a real company although there is little about them on the Internet.
I have never heard of Wellington-Duke who say they were one of the brokers that handled the Pre Public Launch of Google.com and cannot find any information about them on the Internet either.
How do you go about checking if these people are legitimate or not? Are they registered anywhere as legitimate and trustworthy companies? What protection is there when you are purchasing shares like this?

Richard

undefinedundefined
Hi Tim, Richard,

If you read elsewhere on this particular subject / string, you'll find that I have tried to trace Wellington Duke through British AND Swiss government organisations.
W-D does not exist as a bone fide organisation, at least not where they say they are.

Secondly, it seems that several of these so-called 'brokers' use the same bank account (Amgrove). That is at the very least suspicious.

Smart Tech is a genuine company in that it is registered with the SEC in America. Read their statements and amendments to their statements... you'll see that they don't have many expectations of ever going into profit despite the impressive website.

Thirdly, W-D Associates first told me that Smart Tech would be going public last October, then they said December, and the latest is apparently March this year. Draw your own conclusions. I'm glad I stopped it before I threw my money away

Good luck,
FF

Hi Tim,
As I said, I've had no experience with 'Omega', but I've read their name in connection with similar stories, AND, more importantly, in connection with 'Amgrove'. I think anything connected with Amgrove must be a scam.
Why would supposedly different brokerage companies all route their ill-gotten gains to the same bank account? Presumably, 'Mr. Big' owns this account.
The only penalty you face upon cancelling your order is that your contact person may get angry with you, tell you he's been wasting his time, and hang up on you. If you can live with that, cancel away.
Where is 'New Millenium registered? You should be able to find information on it somewhere, like the SEC, for instance. Company websites can be made as pretty as a picture, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. You get more in-depth info from their official listings.
Also, where is 'Omega' based? If they've sent you documentation, you'll have an address. If it's in the UK they'll be known by the FSA. If they have a Swiss address, they probably use a telephone and mail forwarding address, but I can check that for you through a Swiss government contact I have.
Good luck, and if you do ever find a genuine and profitable deal, let me know.
FF

The latest news . I called the company and they told me that they submitted an apply to start trading in London Exchange for the timebeing . They still want their stock traded in U.S market . They said they are doing their best to achieve that .

Beside that , I contacted someone in Sec and asked him about the situation . He told me that the company from their documents really wants to start trading in U.S market . They gain the acceptance very soon .

Good luck to all

i called omega up yesterday who said that Smart Tech would be floating in January.. I got sucked into this spent 4k , i think its money gone awol for me..
have emailed smart in the past no response so i assume this is a scam

smartboy said:
The latest news . I called the company and they told me that they submitted an apply to start trading in London Exchange for the timebeing . They still want their stock traded in U.S market . They said they are doing their best to achieve that .

Beside that , I contacted someone in Sec and asked him about the situation . He told me that the company from their documents really wants to start trading in U.S market . They gain the acceptance very soon .

Good luck to all[/QUOTE

I can't help thinking that 'Smartboy' is a little prejudiced in favour of Smart Tech., and Wellington Duke. Why would that be?? Reading 'his' postings makes me very suspicious, and, at the risk of sounding racist (which I am not, by the way!), the use of the English language plus the unbased claims ("They gain the acceptance very soon") would seem to suggest that "Smartboy" is actually in Wellington Duke's camp, not to mention Omega and any other organisation connected to Amgrove.
HE called the company (which?) and they are doing their best to have their stock traded in the US. So what's stopping them???

BEware all who tread this path.
FF