Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Francis, on the fat finger trade you refer about, are you saying price went through your stop 182 pips??????

Been thinking about this and getting worried lol

182 pips minus the 26 pip SL = 156 pips slippage !!!!!!!!!!!

OANDA & GO reversed the trade.
Alpari reversed the trade to the market price.
SLM/GKFX have not corrected the trade.

if that worries you then you haven't read what i have posted.

SLM/GKFX did not close out a trade I rang in on the phone whilst their server went down for a second time during one day. They are citing because I made money they are not honouring the trade I closed on the phone.

do you clearly understand what this means?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/att...mart-live-markets-spread-bet-mt4-ffusdchf.jpg
123306d1318154204-smart-live-markets-spread-bet-mt4-ffusdchf.jpg

Last edited:
Running 3 seperate platforms and haven't ever had a problem.

Regarding price freezes... is this just on stocks as there hasnt been any on currencies Ive noticed.

Agree you cannot use demo effectively at all. A company will never support its demo platform wholly and Ive had Alpari and Oanda demo platforms not work in the past.

I'm running 3 aswell, its just been today. Appears ok now.

Now the Dax feed has frozen.

I only use these guys for MT4 charts. No more.

It may not be a shining example of customer service, but I can't see them being too influenced by whether you won or lost at 0.10p per pip.

It may not be a shining example of customer service, but I can't see them being too influenced by whether you won or lost at 0.10p per pip.

oh really?

again read my posts,

This is a quote from SLM/GKFX,

"I know it is only a small sum we are talking about but I have to show you the same courtesy and fairness as we would to someone with a position 100 times bigger."

This is not about customer service. This is about running a business in line with the market. The market could not have supported that price being there.

On the most recent incident where they are refusing to honour my trade that I phoned in and closed at a position 10 pips to the positive from where I managed to manually close it, this is a quote from SLM/GKFX,

"The order you are referring to is an order of £8 of USDCHF"

Whats the difference Ross?

I tell you what, I think its time people got their money out of this company. All these glitches and issues.........something isn't right.

Btw, nobody else got a frozen Dax feed or is it just me again?

I tell you what, I think its time people got their money out of this company.

All these glitches and issues.........something isn't right.

Btw, nobody else got a frozen Dax feed or is it just me again?

Eurex exchange is down but Deutsche Borse is up ...

oh really?

again read my posts,

This is a quote from SLM/GKFX,

"I know it is only a small sum we are talking about but I have to show you the same courtesy and fairness as we would to someone with a position 100 times bigger."

This is not about customer service. This is about running a business in line with the market. The market could not have supported that price being there.

On the most recent incident where they are refusing to honour my trade that I phoned in and closed at a position 10 pips to the positive from where I managed to manually close it, this is a quote from SLM/GKFX,

"The order you are referring to is an order of £8 of USDCHF"

Whats the difference Ross?

Erm -- sorry, I don't follow what you mean. All I can say is that although I think SLM overdo the designer slippage occasionally, which prompted me to go elsewhere to trade FX, they've been pretty helpful and fair when I've queried a few things.

Erm -- sorry, I don't follow what you mean. All I can say is that although I think SLM overdo the designer slippage occasionally, which prompted me to go elsewhere to trade FX, they've been pretty helpful and fair when I've queried a few things.

You were saying because I was trading at 10p no one should give a hoot?

When SLM / GKFX first started out they refunded me £0.24p on a slipped trade.

later in the accounts life they didn't.

I got slipped 20 pips on a trade that should have been stopped correctly. The reply from Paul Hare at SLM was "I know it is only a small sum we are talking about but I have to show you the same courtesy and fairness as we would to someone with a position 100 times bigger." That was also at 10p per pip.

So not only are they acknowledging slippage they are giving different responses to slippage - have you seen the recent FXCM case, hence his - "same courtesy and fairness"?

Why should anyone be treated differently if they trade at 10p or £8 Ross? Please explain - I would love to here the basis for that one. You should think about what you have written Ross. Totally, totally wrong.

The 156 pip slippage was due to a fat finger trade - the market could not support it. It's not whether you think or SLM think £15.60 is a trivial amount. Get it right. Its reponses like yours which mean the little guys still get fu cked.

This is supported by the emails from SLM/GKFX I have posted in this thread. Not what I think.

I came away with a profit. Someone may not. And yes I am angry and yes I know how I am starting to look and sound.

do the right thing.

You were saying because I was trading at 10p no one should give a hoot?

When SLM / GKFX first started out they refunded me £0.24p on a slipped trade.

later in the accounts life they didn't.

I got slipped 20 pips on a trade that should have been stopped correctly. The reply from Paul Hare at SLM was "I know it is only a small sum we are talking about but I have to show you the same courtesy and fairness as we would to someone with a position 100 times bigger." That was also at 10p per pip.

So not only are they acknowledging slippage they are giving different responses to slippage - have you seen the recent FXCM case, hence his - "same courtesy and fairness"?

Why should anyone be treated differently if they trade at 10p or £8 Ross? Please explain - I would love to here the basis for that one. You should think about what you have written Ross. Totally, totally wrong.

The 156 pip slippage was due to a fat finger trade - the market could not support it. It's not whether you think or SLM think £15.60 is a trivial amount. Get it right. Its reponses like yours which mean the little guys still get fu cked.

This is supported by the emails from SLM/GKFX I have posted in this thread. Not what I think.

I came away with a profit. Someone may not. And yes I am angry and yes I know how I am starting to look and sound.

do the right thing.

<<You were saying because I was trading at 10p no one should give a hoot? >>

Definitely not, just that SLM probably won't be influenced much by whether they gained fifteen quid, or whatever, which I thought was what you were suggesting.
A few years ago I actually had a long exchange of letters with another SB about a trade involving a similar amount of money. In the end they admitted they were wrong and refunded. It probably cost me far more in wasted time, but it was the principle that mattered.
If you're sure SLM have made a mistake, stand your ground. Just stick to facts and don't call them a bunch of crooks.:)

Well I'm still happy with SLM. Ease of deposit/withdrawal, good spreads, brilliant choice of instruments, unique SBing on MT4 and in my experience good customer service. That said I think you may literally be mad to use bots with them so complaining when they **** up is now redundant imo.

The recent price feed freeze is the only problem I've encountered in 6 months daily trading, live upto £15 a pip (I have never felt these larger positions have been "targeted").

Francis' general histrionics, attacks of the vapours and perpetual indignation have redefined tedium for me. We know your opinion chap, you are most welcome by all to voice it. But you claim to have witdrawn your equity. You've let us know why. What do you hope to achieve with your incessant mithering? Do you remember the scene in Airplane with the long line of people queuing up to slap that hysterical woman. That's you that is.

Well I'm still happy with SLM. Ease of deposit/withdrawal, good spreads, brilliant choice of instruments, unique SBing on MT4 and in my experience good customer service. That said I think you may literally be mad to use bots with them so complaining when they **** up is now redundant imo.

The recent price feed freeze is the only problem I've encountered in 6 months daily trading, live upto £15 a pip (I have never felt these larger positions have been "targeted").

Francis' general histrionics, attacks of the vapours and perpetual indignation have redefined tedium for me. We know your opinion chap, you are most welcome by all to voice it. But you claim to have witdrawn your equity. You've let us know why. What do you hope to achieve with your incessant mithering? Do you remember the scene in Airplane with the long line of people queuing up to slap that hysterical woman. That's you that is.

A forum means something other than personal responsibility or did you all know that already?

Good post. Love the last comment.(y)

I see that 'got 10p for a cup of tea sir?' has got his reply straight in. This is the same bloke that had a go at Jim and me for hanging around here and not spending our time earning and claimed that this place is full of nutters (or something to that effect)!!

Raving bonkers

Good post. Love the last comment.(y)

I see that 'got 10p for a cup of tea sir?' has got his reply straight in. This is the same bloke that had a go at Jim and me for hanging around here and not spending our time earning and claimed that this place is full of nutters (or something to that effect)!!

Raving bonkers

yes thats me. You boys bored?

It's not easy to convince your trading peers that you have been cheated by your broker. I know from past experience how difficult this is. The standard response from friends and associates is " You must have made a mistake; they wouldn't risk doing that. They'd go out of business if they cheated their clients".

This poses a question. Do they really manage to fund the high cost of maintaining an office, run expensive servers and pay the salaries of dozens/hundreds of staff just on a couple of pips spread on each trade? From a recent conversation with an ex-employee of such an organisation, the answer would have to be a resounding "No".

"This poses a question. Do they really manage to fund the high cost of maintaining an office, run expensive servers and pay the salaries of dozens/hundreds of staff just on a couple of pips spread on each trade? From a recent conversation with an ex-employee of such an organisation, the answer would have to be a resounding "No"."

Interesting Alan.

Assuming that the people that set up such an organisation have that same knowledge, is it then fair to assume that 'cheating' is part of their initial business plan?