Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Open question (to myself as well as anybody else).

How can they target smaller sized accounts without it impacting the larger ones as well? I guess I'd pose the same question about stop hunting

.....buggered if I know tbh

I didn't get the all the details but, the comment was that they trade against the smaller accounts and trade with the larger ones.

If you think about it, a client, regularly, trading £50-500 per pt is a good revenue source for a SB Co. They don't need to run the risk of implementing any unethical practices against a large size account, if they are making £100-200 per trade from the client. It does seem to be at the lower end of the account range where so many of these suspicious actions occur.

FWIW, I traded Dow & Russell 2k futures, with a proper broker, for 2 years. I never got slipped once or, ever felt that the broker was acting against me. I switched to trading spot forex about 3 years ago and my experience, since then, has been very different. Now, I am relieved when I manage to open and close a trade without getting slipped or requoted. I guess this is what happens when you trade in an unregulated market:confused:

I didn't get the all the details but, the comment was that they trade against the smaller accounts and trade with the larger ones.

If you think about it, a client, regularly, trading £50-500 per pt is a good revenue source for a SB Co. They don't need to run the risk of implementing any unethical practices against a large size account, if they are making £100-200 per trade from the client. It does seem to be at the lower end of the account range where so many of these suspicious actions occur.

FWIW, I traded Dow & Russell 2k futures, with a proper broker, for 2 years. I never got slipped once or, ever felt that the broker was acting against me. I switched to trading spot forex about 3 years ago and my experience, since then, has been very different. Now, I am relieved when I manage to open and close a trade without getting slipped or requoted. I guess this is what happens when you trade in an unregulated market:confused:

Hi Alan5616

In your opinion what constitutes a 'proper broker' and why not return to these brokers if your unhappy with your present SB?

Cheers

Hi Francis,

have you looked at the indo run and cable run setups

No I haven't. I don't frequent forums, apart from my own of course. I'm only here on this one by accident!

I'm just not a fan of MG... it will end in tears unless you bank it every week.

Neither am I, for the reason you state. As Ray keeps on telling anyone who can be bothered to listen, his raison d'etre is education, not consistent money making.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Francis,

No I haven't. I don't frequent forums, apart from my own of course. I'm only here on this one by accident!

Neither am I, for the reason you state. As Ray keeps on telling anyone who can be bothered to listen, his raison d'etre is education, not consistent money making.

Cheers,

Jim

Are you going to run with multicharts?

im initially going to go via tradestation - going to start porting stuff across and learn EZL - new challenge - think mt4 has had its day with nowhere i wish to put my money.

TS broker is doing FX accounts $2000 deposit atm....

Morning Francis,

Are you going to run with multicharts?

I'm going to run with AlgoTrader once a few more rough edges have been smoothed off. MultiCharts will remain as one of my experimental platforms.

im initially going to go via tradestation - going to start porting stuff across and learn EZL - new challenge - think mt4 has had its day

Did MT4 ever have its day (as a serious automated trading platform I mean)? Trouble with TS is that they like to try and lock you in, and what's more they don't offer "betting", only "trading"!

Cheers,

Jim

Morning Francis,

I'm going to run with AlgoTrader once a few more rough edges have been smoothed off. MultiCharts will remain as one of my experimental platforms.

Did MT4 ever have its day (as a serious automated trading platform I mean)? Trouble with TS is that they like to try and lock you in, and what's more they don't offer "betting", only "trading"!

Cheers,

Jim

no!

only real commercial contenders are IB & TS for me... Multicharts obvioulsy as the old TS 3rd party might want some of that share - im not sold on LMAX yet - they support IB and others tho so might be worth looking at.

EZL is something new for me to learn - utterly bored with it all atm if you hadn't noticed me trolling all day on all the forums.

all total guff of course until i learn EZL and port all my work across arggggghhhhhh!

no pain no gain hey!

I will happily pay through the nose just to be safe in the knowledge I wont get shafted to an extent.

Ive got cash generators after 4 years of work and I cannot trust 99% of the "brokers" on MT4.

shame - or is that just the way the cookie crumbles?

I have a good friend using TS & IB - he keeps pushing me to get onto it.

Glad to see things have settled down

Francis. I notice the 'Trading System Vendor' icon by your name. Can you share any info on this?

Thanks

Im sure you and your pal Jaroon can google it.

We can, but we won't :)

Not much to report this week. I was dabbling with £30 pips on Wednesday. Very low volatility but had about 4/5 requotes, price was all but static so that was weird. Out of principle I always wait for a better price when this happens or don't enter the trade, that'll teach the bug*ers.

fancis do you think the requotes might have been due to SLM/GKFX being too busy plotting the fake execution of Gaddafi? Also I now believe I know the truth about the spread betting company who was behind the grassy knoll, it's shocking!!

We can, but we won't :)

Not much to report this week. I was dabbling with £30 pips on Wednesday. Very low volatility but had about 4/5 requotes, price was all but static so that was weird. Out of principle I always wait for a better price when this happens or don't enter the trade, that'll teach the bug*ers.

fancis do you think the requotes might have been due to SLM/GKFX being too busy plotting the fake execution of Gaddafi? Also I now believe I know the truth about the spread betting company who was behind the grassy knoll, it's shocking!!

don't try so hard, being funny doesn't suit you.

don't try so hard, being funny doesn't suit you.
Shame on you Jaroon, you lowly Junior Member you, you are only entitled to express humour when you have earned the respect due to you on achieving 'Veteran Member' status - by clocking up the required number of posts. Until then, please get back into your hole and don't come up again until we tell you to.......:)

Last edited:
:) I may not be funny franny old love but you never fail to make me laugh :LOL:

Opps sorry Capstan, I done gone posted without veteran consent, call me off the naughty step in two days :)

Hey just noticed I am now a junior member and you are a lowly rookie, ideas above your station eh? Please refer to me as Sir in subsequent correspondence.

:) I may not be funny franny old love but you never fail to make me laugh :LOL:

Opps sorry Capstan, I done gone posted without veteran consent, call me off the naughty step in two days :)

Hey just noticed I am now a junior member and you are a lowly rookie, ideas above your station eh? Please refer to me as Sir in subsequent correspondence.
My sincere apologies Jaroon, I will indeed address you with due deference and proper respect for your junior member status in all future communications.

Morning Francis,

EZL is something new for me to learn - utterly bored with it all atm if you hadn't noticed me trolling all day on all the forums.

Making money on autopilot is supposed to be utterly boring! Learning new stuff is much more exciting.

all total guff of course until i learn EZL and port all my work across arggggghhhhhh! I have a good friend using TS & IB - he keeps pushing me to get onto it.

If you open an account with IB you have lots of automation avenues apart from EZL (did I mention AlgoTrader?), although MQL4 is a bit tricky! The same does not apply to TS.

Cheers,

Jim