Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

:) I may not be funny franny old love but you never fail to make me laugh :LOL:

Opps sorry Capstan, I done gone posted without veteran consent, call me off the naughty step in two days :)

Hey just noticed I am now a junior member and you are a lowly rookie, ideas above your station eh? Please refer to me as Sir in subsequent correspondence.

You naughty boys. Get back in line where you belong, or else the naughty step will be the least of your concerns:)

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if SLM/GKFX have an agreement with any Introductory Brokers (IBs). I'm interested in using thier MT4 platform to spread bet, but I'm not gonna join without using an IB. Perhaps understandably I got stone-walled when I asked them directly lol! Their policy is not to tell anyone ....My policy is not to join a broker without an IB!! Here is the email exchange:-

Sent: 04 November 2011 12:27
To: GKFX-General
Subject: Introductory Brokers

Hi
I wonder of you could give me some information on the Introductory Brokers (IBs) you have agreements with so that I can claim cash-back on my trades.

Many thanks

Nick

To: nick
Subject: RE: Introductory Brokers
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 13:27:13 +0000

Hello Nick,

We do not give out details of IBs we have deals with.

This is commercially sensitive information.

Kind regards,

Paul
Compliance Officer

Received an email from alpari today saying they have started facilitating Spread Betting with MT4.

Received an email from alpari today saying they have started facilitating Spread Betting with MT4.

Me too! This is good news for all of us, their spreads aren't so low as GK but its nice to have an alternative especially from a large company like Alpari.

Hi TJZ

Me too! This is good news for all of us, their spreads aren't so low as GK but its nice to have an alternative especially from a large company like Alpari.

Just in case you or anyone else in here is interested, I thought I'd mention that on Monday we started a long term live test comparing MT4 automated spread betting at Smart Live/GKFX with Alpari UK:

Ray Robot II Spread Betting Live Test – Alpari UK versus GKFX

The trading thus far has been pretty tedious, but lots of other interesting information has already been revealed. Do their differing spreads make much difference? Will some additional competition improve anything? Will David or Goliath come out on top at the end of the day?

Watch that space!

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited:
No feed on oil for the last hour or so?
Was hoping to place a trade. One of the main feeds seems to dissapear every evening!

Oil isn't one I follow religiously, but it does stop for an hour or so every evening. Although I thought it was later than 7pm. Maybe somebody else knows more?

I'm confused by this trade that appears to have happened whilst I was at work? Am I going mad? A losing trade that was stopped out at a 'profit target' that I don't think I ever actually input?
trades with that little green box in the TP column are always winners, no??

I'm probably being stupid as my brain is fried at the moment from working like a dog at my dayjob (hence not trading futures contracts at the moment).

Attachments

• confused.JPG
    confused.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 210
I'm confused by this trade that appears to have happened whilst I was at work? Am I going mad? A losing trade that was stopped out at a 'profit target' that I don't think I ever actually input?
trades with that little green box in the TP column are always winners, no??

I'm probably being stupid as my brain is fried at the moment from working like a dog at my dayjob (hence not trading futures contracts at the moment).

sell?

aside from that pretty solid page there. good work.

sell?

aside from that pretty solid page there. good work.

Cheers, but Don't worry about the results.
Do you know much about the platform? I think there's been a mess up somewhere. It's impossible to have a 'take profit' level higher than your entry (if you are short).
The platform wont let you do it, so im not sure how this loss occured.

It's not a big deal as it's only tiny tiny stakes, but im sure there's been a mistake, and i'd like to know for future if I decided to start trading real stakes at some point.

cheers

Cheers, but Don't worry about the results.
Do you know much about the platform? I think there's been a mess up somewhere. It's impossible to have a 'take profit' level higher than your entry (if you are short).
The platform wont let you do it, so im not sure how this loss occured.

It's not a big deal as it's only tiny tiny stakes, but im sure there's been a mistake, and i'd like to know for future if I decided to start trading real stakes at some point.

cheers

your open order sell is lower than your exit point - that explains the loss, as for TP displaying green - i cannot answer that.

I have advised on here to screen record everything with you do with GKFX/SLM.

Trouble at mill.

No instruments available on Sunday open. Called them and they said should be up in 10 minutes.

unable to do normal trades on the s+p market today? (instant execution trades)
Only lets you use pending orders.
Seems to be ok on other instruments, though...

How long can I have a demo with gkfx?
As long as you got money on the demo account I guess, after that you can get a new demo account. This by create a new account in MT4 or by contacting them.