Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

yes but no MT4 spread betting. I guess tax isn't an issue for most small traders anyway though

Hi again mate,

I take it you have a SB account with them. What I really want to know is if you can then download there mt4 setup and have it running with the same data or do they not allow you to log in to mt4 unless you have a 'proper' micro/standard account with them also.

Basically I have custom written indicators for MT4 that I would still like to use to identify setups on their data and then obviously would execute in their trading station 2 platform (for SB)

I should just ring them up really lmao

Cheers

T

Cant open/close orders today on the demo. Price is moving on the charts but when i try to add an order it pauses for a bit then says 'No Connection'. restarting MT4 results in price no longer moving and the status at the bottom changing to 'No Connection'. Live has just done the same.
Anyone else having problems today?

Had a few disconnect / reconnects around the 1.35pm time (NFP)

No problems since

:eek::(:eek:

I might havr a router problem. Internet was working fine but restarted router anyway. Reconnected after that.

I don’t know anything about servers, but I just wondered if during these problems are you able to close trades through the apple/android mt4 apps?

Hey Jase!

No mate, the mobile variants of mt4 still go through the same process at their server as the desktop platforms. Unfortunately the only way to close positions during the outage was by calling them up. The guy I spoke to on the phone at their office told me he had no data feed for prices either! (requested specific candle data)

Worrying ay!

T

Hey Jase!

No mate, the mobile variants of mt4 still go through the same process at their server as the desktop platforms. Unfortunately the only way to close positions during the outage was by calling them up. The guy I spoke to on the phone at their office told me he had no data feed for prices either! (requested specific candle data)

Worrying ay!

T

Gulp, thats nuts.

(PS, I'm still smiling:D)

Can anyone recommend an alternate spreadbetting broker that offers micro lots and MT4?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Jase!

Worrying ay!

T

when I called them up they apparently close out the trade. They didn't at all. The trade was still running 9 minutes later - I closed out the trade manually on the mt4 terminal and asked them to correct the trade to the price over the phone 9 minutes earlier.

Like above, they had no prices on their own systems so were just shouting them out from another feed to each other. They are a bunch of wideboys - I am familiar with this setup - I worked for a fund in the city that was reminiscent of this. This means ringing in is next to useless as they cant close it out anyway - you are reliant on them closing the trade out when their systems come back up and then when they clear the backlog. You can sure as hell bet they wont get round to closing it because they are one of the most dishonest lot i have used so far.

They should be quoting a price, an order number with a dealer name. They do none of this, I bet they are not recording calls either what with their fisher price setup.

They are still refusing to correct the trade to the price that it was closed out at on the telephone.

The response they have sent me has been forwarded to the FSA because it is quite frankly jaw dropping. Anyone that has seen it is gobsmacked that they are admitting to what they have.

They also didn't correct a trade where I got slipped 182 pips on USDCHF on the fat finger trade 21st September. Oanda, go, alpari et al reversed the trades that evening. SLM/GKFX didn't.

SLM/GKFX do not have any redundancy on their IT setup, it is all in their tiny office in regents street on one server. They have no servers in a data centre.

DO NOT USE SLM/GKFX they are crooks. Close your account today please. Please do not use them anymore for anything. There is no argument to use them.

You have been warned.

DO NOT USE SLM/GKFX they are crooks[/SIZE][/B]. Close your account today please. Please do not use them anymore for anything. There is no argument to use them.

You have been warned.
Unless you can prove what you say, you should be careful about using language like this on a public forum as this could be actionable as libellous.

Unfortunately they are still the only broker that has spreadbetting on MT4 so most will probably stay. They do also have competitive spreads compared with others.

I think most spread betting firms are much of a much. A good friend of mine has been with them for the past 8 months and has never had a problem apart from this week.

This weeks issue was completely shocking and I cant believe they have admitted they run their main server in their office! Also that it takes them 4 hours for a switchover to their backup, not acceptable!

To be honest I was expecting an apology email or at least something from them to assure me (us) that they are sorry for what happened, they are aware of the issue and they are taking steps to prevent it from ever happening again. This, although just a bandaid, would have at least made me feel that on a "customer relationship" level that the company I have my money with values me as a client and an interest in keeping me as a customer!

My friend is also still waiting for a phonecall back from them after requesting a callback on the day in question.

Platform and spreads - Excellent

Customer Service - BAD

Maybe a Smart live employee can respond in this thread like they used to a while back?

Unfortunately they are still the only broker that has spreadbetting on MT4 so most will probably stay. They do also have competitive spreads compared with others.

I think most spread betting firms are much of a much. A good friend of mine has been with them for the past 8 months and has never had a problem apart from this week.

This weeks issue was completely shocking and I cant believe they have admitted they run their main server in their office! Also that it takes them 4 hours for a switchover to their backup, not acceptable!

To be honest I was expecting an apology email or at least something from them to assure me (us) that they are sorry for what happened, they are aware of the issue and they are taking steps to prevent it from ever happening again. This, although just a bandaid, would have at least made me feel that on a "customer relationship" level that the company I have my money with values me as a client and an interest in keeping me as a customer!

My friend is also still waiting for a phonecall back from them after requesting a callback on the day in question.

Platform and spreads - Excellent

Customer Service - BAD

Maybe a Smart live employee can respond in this thread like they used to a while back?

TJZ, "only broker that has spreadbetting on MT4"

this does not outweigh what we have learnt this week.

How can the platform be excellent when it goes down? MT4 is avaible with hundreds of other brokers.

The spreads are good but if you shop around with a broker you can find them - I have. There is a broker thread on this forum.

Im afraid im done with spreadbetting and am now happy to pay commission and tax on CFD's if it means I can avoid people like SLM/GKFX.

Some of you really need to consider if the benefit of not paying tax on your winnings - if you are winning of course, a lot of you may not be, outweighs a company that does not have servers in a data centre - subject to server dropouts, that do not honour their telephone brokering trades and has appalling customer service, that is run by a gaming company, has requotes, bad fills, do not correct erroneous trades............

I have all the evidence.

are you sure the saving of £20 over a quarter renders the loss of your whole account acceptable?? Please think it through

I have been bleating on forever about this lot, I am lucky to come away with a profit.

Unless you can prove what you say, you should be careful about using language like this on a public forum as this could be actionable as libellous.

As a Rookie Member, you should use some of your grey matter before making a post like this. Assuming that you have some:)

In effect, you're insulting the intelligence of a Veteran Member. Do you think that Veteran Members are wet behind the ears and have no experience of the scams that bucket shop operators get up to? Surprisingly enough, we are, also, aware of potential libel actions, should we make allegations that cannot be substantiated

I know the details of Francis's complaint and he is fully justified in making these allegations against SLM. Unfortunately, I fear that the FSA will place it in the "pending" tray, along with all the other valid complaints against criminal brokers. They are just, plain f ucking useless.

I had two open trades when SLM had the 'power surge'.
I also run an Alpari demo, and when I was at my TP figure on Alpari for one trade I telephoned SLM to close it.
When the platform was running again the trade was closed within five minutes at the price agreed over the telephone. They also called back to confirm that it was just the one trade I wanted to close.
While the shut down was annoying, I have no complaints about the service.

As a Rookie Member, you should use some of your grey matter before making a post like this. Assuming that you have some:)

In effect, you're insulting the intelligence of a Veteran Member. Do you think that Veteran Members are wet behind the ears and have no experience of the scams that bucket shop operators get up to? Surprisingly enough, we are, also, aware of potential libel actions, should we make allegations that cannot be substantiated
Your rude reply to my direct but polite post shows that you think that respect and credit for intelligence is due to you on account of your veteran member status, itself achieved by the quantity of posts not necessarily their quality. These forums are sadly full of people who think that time served alone entitles them to respect. Nothing can be further from the truth.

Anyway, what you think of me is immaterial, the fact remains that you are at risk of action by institutions such as SLM who may well have deeper pockets for litigation lawyers fees than you unless you really can be sure you can substantiate the remarks you have made. If you can't, I look forward to reading the court report.