Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

I have a trade open that i closed over the phone but still running in MT4 - this is going to be interesting.... the call was made 1606 GMT. 18 minutes later and still open...

I will clear this trade up and withdraw. I suggest you all do the same. Jim of trading gurus - today has shown you are and were totally wrong about SLM/GKFX.

just sent this..

One PSU failure in one server does not warrant all 3 of your server connections to fail.

I suggest you look at a virtualised cluster solution with failover using a SAN solution managed with Vmotion - you wouldn't even know the server had failed over. Today has shown why you don't put all your eggs in one basket, in house.

The stress you have caused this afternoon is immense.

I closed out A/C: ##### order: ##### Instrument: USDCHF over the phone with you @ 16:06 GMT today @ 0.9230 0.9232

However it was still open 10 minutes later.

Please can you correct the trade as I had to close it myself @ 0.92422 @ 16:17 GMT

To: FF
Subject: RE: OUTAGE?
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:34:09 +0100

Sir,

Our servers are not in a data centre as strategically as a company we have decided to manage them ourselves.

They are protected by UPS's, although UPS's did not protect us in this situation as a power surge (rather than a power failure) caused the PSU in the server to fail and to be replaced. We are investigating why the surge protectors did not prevent this surge occurring.

We have backup servers in a different location, but a full DR failover takes approximately 4 hours, and we have to ascertain the approximate time to resolve the existing issue to determine whether we are likely to resolve the issue within this window. If we believe this to be the case we then do not invoke full DR, and this proved to be the correct decision as we were back up and running in about 1hr and 20 mins.

Regards

GKFX

Hi Francis,

Jim, if you spend all your time building robots are you not just perverse to then say I don't need to raise capital? what on earth are you doing it for?

I don't spend all my time building "robots".

Look at tradency.com for starters. You could do very well out of it.

Ray the Random Robot has been looking at Tradency on my behalf for quite some time now. Thanks for breaking the mould and posting something interesting for a change. However, mirror trading has remarkably little in common with a thread about SLM/GKFX. Perhaps we could continue the conversation over on the Trading Gurus community?

and the other thing you wanted... all on here

Thanks for that also,

Jim

Morning Francis,

I will clear this trade up and withdraw. I suggest you all do the same. Jim of trading gurus - today has shown you are and were totally wrong about SLM/GKFX.

Do you have any evidence for this assertion? Not the "power surge" bit, the "you are and were totally wrong" bit?

Cheers,

Jim

been looking at moving to Oanda..however, only Fx there, no FTSE, DOW etc. :-(

MT4 contenders - CFD's

intertrader is lcg ive used lcg in the past - they are generally ok.
alpari - still bucket shop?
oanda - slow withdrawals but seem fairly honest but scepticism about their funds
IBFX - might be worth a look?
Activtrades - my developer recommends them
MB trading - problems with new pricing apparently

not sure if the below do indices...
Go markets - problems too?
finfx - seem ok?
fxpro - seem ok?

im quite happy to start paying commission now as spreadbetting is just the pits (not that any other form is much better). Any suggestions of non crook cheating lying theiving fuc kers im all ears.

so far i cannot find anyone on any of the forums that people are raving about.

apart from these server issues I honesty have had no complaints about SLM / GKFX. I hope they get their act together. demo account is fast again today, faster than Oanda !

It's small , 6 or 8 pence a point. No mt 4 though

Ahhh that does surprise me, I thought it would be at least £1 a point.

Is the data on the spreadbetting side the same as there direct accounts?

If so, do they allow you access to their mt4 platform (for data purposes) or would you have to sign up for both accounts?

Sorry for the questions mate, its just you obviously use them and I am very interested in signing up!

Cheers

T

Whats the minimum trade / lot size at FXCM please? (forex)

T

It's small , 6 or 8 pence a point. No mt 4 though

Depends if you want Micro or Standard account and they do MT4 but not used the MT4 version just the TS2 Platform. Try the Demo as it works just like the Live but they don't do Micro Lots on the Demo just Standard.

Micro open Live from $50
Standard $2000
Spread Betting £ in GBP just the same as the $ version just for UK clients for Tax reasons. Not sure the Deposit for that

yes but no MT4 spread betting. I guess tax isn't an issue for most small traders anyway though