Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price

(Unless it goes against you)

Perhaps when you have an issue you could email us or call us and we might be able to help. MT4 is fully automated. If the platform does not suit your style of trading then we will have a web based version linked to the MT4 back end very soon I hope.

That may be more suited to you. In the meantime, while I appreciate the fact that you like to leave comments on forums, if you are experiencing problems then please let us know.

Regards
SLM

Have to agree. Narrow spreads on shares a plus point, but endless rejections on FX and indices, even with small stakes and when the market is hardly moving. It does seem that you only get filled now if the price immediately goes against you. They also tend to have spikes that don't exist on the underlying market.

If you are having a problem Ross Spur then please call us.

Regards
SLM

your losing money if the trade goes without you...... If ETX would match SLM spreads i'd be back to them in a flash, never had any problems getting filled with them.
But costs is costs, ECN is starting to look like the way forward, even with the tax implications.

Hi
If you are having problems then please let us know directly.
We cannot sort out your problems if you do not tell us what they are.

If you are having problems with re-quotes, which markets, any particular time of day etc.

Thanks

SLM

Hi
If you are having problems then please let us know directly.
We cannot sort out your problems if you do not tell us what they are.

If you are having problems with re-quotes, which markets, any particular time of day etc.

Thanks

SLM

SLM, its quite clear what the problem is.

God, you guys have been gone for a while. Its odd really. The platform goes to crap (requotes, invalid prices, major slippage, simply not getting into trades at all) and you vanish from the forums. Its funny how you turn up again today when things seem miles better. I got on some hellish fast moves on DAX and EURJPY today with zero problems. In and out, no price problems, no slippage, good profits. It was not like this yesterday or for the past few weeks.

SLM, its quite clear what the problem is.

Hello,
Thank you for your comment.
We have literally thousands of clients dealing very happily.
If some are not, aparently, then I would like to find out why and rectify it.

I cannot do that unless someone tells me.
So if you are having a problem then perhaps you could give me an example of when, what market, what size, was it during figures, were you buying or selling, opening or closing, how often does it happen.

One easy solution is to widen all the spreads. I do not want to do that.

Another easy solution is for clients to use the deviation setting at the bottom of the deal ticket, which allows some flexability to not get re-quotes.

Regards
SLM

God, you guys have been gone for a while. Its odd really. The platform goes to crap (requotes, invalid prices, major slippage, simply not getting into trades at all) and you vanish from the forums. Its funny how you turn up again today when things seem miles better. I got on some hellish fast moves on DAX and EURJPY today with zero problems. In and out, no price problems, no slippage, good profits. It was not like this yesterday or for the past few weeks.

Hi

Yes sorry I have been so busy (and on holiday) that I have not checked this for quite a while. I only logged on tonight because a potential client kindly informed me that there were some negative comments on here.

It is weird, MT4 does what it does. There is very little we can do, and we certainly do not do anything unscrupulous like some people like to think.
We can tweak the deviation settings on certain types of markets. This means how much 'pain' we will absorb as a company before a re-quote occurs.

If it is set to zero then it means there is no tolerance allowed at all. None of ours are set to zero. But there is a happy medium, and the trouble is with the volatility the way it is at present, it is a complete joke.

I trade with several of our competitors, and funny enough, the ones with wider spreads have fewer re-quotes !

Please let me know directly if you are having problems. You can still post the same comments on here, but it will give me a fighting chance to sort out any issues that may be occurring then and there and not hearing about them days after the event.

Cheers

Paul
SLM

Hi

Yes sorry I have been so busy (and on holiday) that I have not checked this for quite a while. I only logged on tonight because a potential client kindly informed me that there were some negative comments on here.

It is weird, MT4 does what it does. There is very little we can do, and we certainly do not do anything unscrupulous like some people like to think.
We can tweak the deviation settings on certain types of markets. This means how much 'pain' we will absorb as a company before a re-quote occurs.

If it is set to zero then it means there is no tolerance allowed at all. None of ours are set to zero. But there is a happy medium, and the trouble is with the volatility the way it is at present, it is a complete joke.

I trade with several of our competitors, and funny enough, the ones with wider spreads have fewer re-quotes !

Please let me know directly if you are having problems. You can still post the same comments on here, but it will give me a fighting chance to sort out any issues that may be occurring then and there and not hearing about them days after the event.

Cheers

Paul
SLM

I have often said that the issues are technical as it seems the Demo platform is usually worse than the live. Obviously nobody would try to screw clients on a demo platform. The problem for you is people will post on here first. Your long term absence just made it seem like you knew you had issues and were just avoiding the crap until you sorted things out.

If you are having a problem Ross Spur then please call us.

Regards
SLM

I post here to see if others are having the same problem. If I call you I'm not likely to discover that sort of info. As someone else said, it was much better today despite the extra volativity, so it would seem that your system has been tweaked.

I have been trading live with SLM since February and had virtually no problems, about 6 requotes in 6 months. I also run a FXCM MT4 demo and the prices are very close.

I have been trading live with SLM since February and had virtually no problems, about 6 requotes in 6 months. I also run a FXCM MT4 demo and the prices are very close.
Are you trading with limit order only? On indices there are constant re-quotes and price invalid, if the market like now is very volatile trading with SLM will simply not work. One have to trade with limit orders in order to feel that one is in control of the situation. I hope SLM will shape up in the future as they are the only one offering MT4 SB. I salute their effort for introducing MT4 for SB, but It takes a lot more besides offering MT4 in order to become successful in this highly competitive industry.

Are you trading with limit order only? On indices there are constant re-quotes and price invalid, if the market like now is very volatile trading with SLM will simply not work. One have to trade with limit orders in order to feel that one is in control of the situation. I hope SLM will shape up in the future as they are the only one offering MT4 SB. I salute their effort for introducing MT4 for SB, but It takes a lot more besides offering MT4 in order to become successful in this highly competitive industry.

i second the constant requotes on indices. WS30 just stopped when the ECB bought bonds.
i rarely manual trade but when i do i notice it. A lot. and requotes galore.

I manually trade, but not indices only currencies and then mainly EUR/USD.

Welcome back, gle, thought you must have retired!

So it's not just me who has to click five or ten times to open a trade, and by the time it goes through nearly always not at the level intended. There are a lot of things I like about MT4, but I've had it with SLM on indices. Back to City/Fins for me, unless the long-awaited CMC platform update comes soon.

So it's not just me who has to click five or ten times to open a trade, and by the time it goes through nearly always not at the level intended. There are a lot of things I like about MT4, but I've had it with SLM on indices. Back to City/Fins for me, unless the long-awaited CMC platform update comes soon.

having to click several times will rattle you and upset your rhythm.

not worth it.

Thanks Ross, had some other projects to attend to for a couple of month. I will not post as frequent as I used to but it is nice to contribute a little bit to the discussion. No really, SLM is just for fun, City I agree, despite some drawbacks, feels solid and reliable.