Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Its bad again today. Regularly being slipped by 4-5 points and every time i have tried to manually close an order (apart from 1) i have had 'invalid price' (sometimes 2 or 3 times).

Its bad again today. Regularly being slipped by 4-5 points and every time i have tried to manually close an order (apart from 1) i have had 'invalid price' (sometimes 2 or 3 times).

Yesterday I seemed to get a reject every time I tried to open or close a trade unless the price moved against me. Requotes even when the price hadn't moved.

can anyone tell me why quite a few indicators that work perfectly on my other MT platforms (alpari, fxcm, forexLtd) dont work on my Smartlive mt4 paltform? Confusing the hell out of me. Keep getting blank indicator panels with Smartlive but they work fine with the other mentioned MT4 platforms? Anyone else experienced this?

edit: I've also founds that I cant get ex4 files to load into my smartlive platform, only mq files, although, again, they work fine on my other mt4 platforms....

Last edited:
can anyone tell me why quite a few indicators that work perfectly on my other MT platforms (alpari, fxcm, forexLtd) dont work on my Smartlive mt4 paltform? Confusing the hell out of me. Keep getting blank indicator panels with Smartlive but they work fine with the other mentioned MT4 platforms? Anyone else experienced this?

Missing data will cause this problem.

edit: I've also founds that I cant get ex4 files to load into my smartlive platform, only mq files, although, again, they work fine on my other mt4 platforms....

Yeah, I've had that. Sometimes it seems to be to do with duplication of files in different directories, but sometimes it just happens.

Its almost certainly down to the symbol names. You will get this issue on panel type indicators (or any indicator) that uses data from multiple timeframes or symbols. I have a news reader.currency strenght meter that was like this. If you have the code you can edit it yourself. I have a decompiler so for me its not a problem. If you can post the indicator i will decompile and have a look.

Does anyone know if all the re-quote / slippage / execution problems have been fixed?

Not yet, most instant execution trades last week were not filled on first attempt, have stopped trying to instant enter and have been placing pending orders instead. useless.

If you can't even get in to the market when you want without having to do special tricks like limit orders then it looks like they are wasting our time, god it must be annoying for anyone who put a large sum of money in to their accounts

If you can't even get in to the market when you want without having to do special tricks like limit orders then it looks like they are wasting our time, god it must be annoying for anyone who put a large sum of money in to their accounts

Actually it's worse when you can't get out, because at least you're not losing money when opening trades are rejected.

your losing money if the trade goes without you...... If ETX would match SLM spreads i'd be back to them in a flash, never had any problems getting filled with them.
But costs is costs, ECN is starting to look like the way forward, even with the tax implications.

Anyone else notice that SLM seem to have changed their pricing on WS30? The decimal still shows, but the price only moves in whole points, so why's it there?

Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price,Invalid price, invalid price, invalid price, invalid price

(Unless it goes against you)

been using SLM for a while but tempted to have another look at IG, anyone compared them ?

A very good friend of mine traded forex, with IG, for many years. He has, recently, closed his account as, he became fed up with the frequent slippage that his trades were subjected to. He was placing several trades a day for a minimum of £10 per point. He felt that IG were trading against him.

Perhaps, one day, we will get a FSA with balls and/or teeth that will force all these MMs and SBs to handle their client's accounts with integrity. Until that day comes, we are at their mercy.

Last edited: