Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

What do you trade?

Currency. E/U and G/U. Still happy with all things SLMs. I'll be over betting this week as I've got the cushion of the £300 cashback of losses and want to take advantage before my first month is up.

I don't anticipate any issues with getting the cash back in the unlikely event of losers:whistling but when it comes time to withdraw I wonder if there will be some invisible small print like having to wait 3 months (which I've seen before). We'll see.

I think you make too much of the 5th digit issue

Probably. I'm getting used to it now anyway.

p.s. Once I'd got a grip of the opening a live account issue, I was actually quite impressed with the smoothness of their procedures, which to me, is a good sign.

p.p.s. Like PC and CMC, I think they are taking this business seriously and could become a force to be reckoned with. I wish them luck ... although not more luck than me, obviously :) .

Last edited:
Isn't that what Anne Boleyn said?

lol ! heard she devised warnies flipper with the crciket ball

montmorencyt2w / jaroon.. - keep us updated guys - good luck

@ Mornington Crescent - is that station open now or was is closed down?

lol ! heard she devised warnies flipper with the crciket ball

montmorencyt2w / jaroon.. - keep us updated guys - good luck

@ Mornington Crescent - is that station open now or was is closed down?

Closed for most of the 90s, according to Wikipedia, but happily re-opened (by popular request!). I have to admit that I'm old enough to have been listening to that programme since it started. (Should visit the station some time!).

That would be the ultimate trump posting on T2W, wouldn't it? - "Mornington Crescent!". Unfortunately, the youngsters wouldn't get it.

As a complete novice, my first trading account was with these people, and I found it to be a really easy and intuitive platform.

I started with just £200 as I was reluctant to risk any more, and I started trading at 50 pence per pip, much better than demo or paper trading.

I now have an account with Capital Spreads as well ~ but much prefer SLM, I must stress that I have NO affiliation with these guys, just like them to deal with.

As a complete novice, my first trading account was with these people, and I found it to be a really easy and intuitive platform.

I started with just £200 as I was reluctant to risk any more, and I started trading at 50 pence per pip, much better than demo or paper trading.

I now have an account with Capital Spreads as well ~ but much prefer SLM, I must stress that I have NO affiliation with these guys, just like them to deal with.
Good that SLM got some positive reviews, but why do you prefer SLM in front of CS? MT4 is great and if SLM would execute as well as CS I would definitively trade with them more. I am located in Sweden so there could be a network latency problem with SLM. CS have in my viewpoint a much better server park and after tweaking it for years the latency time have been brought down to an acceptable level.

Last edited:
Just to update--been trading live with SLM for a couple of months now and am comfortable to deposit more of my trading fund. Had no problems so far . (Cannot comment on forex trades.)
Some of the best spreads for stocks.

gle101.. i personally trust CS as much is a i trust the look of FXCM (unending research has led me to this view)..and that's zilch..even if they have sorted their trading platform, and even if they do get you executed punctually, which i've personally found very glitchy on ocassions (a while back agreed). their customer service attitude had a lot to be desired and to top it all a comment made by a CS employee and forwarded by a "friend" (internet hearsay talk i know, but sounds but a gut feeling says it adds up) on Forex Factory just sums it up for me... i still can't find that comment, but it's there and tallies up with what i've thought all along re bending over backwards to load the dice and ensure traders lose wherever possible... no thanks.

i'm hoping SLM will come up trumps in those areas if/when i make the jump.

feedback seems ot be increasingly postitve again here...anymore feedback from others?

cheers
k

as long as you are not trying to trade within the spread, its fine

but as an MT4 fan for some years, using my own indicators and ea's, you cant beat it

hundreds of bespoke indicators available off the net

(y)

Just to update--been trading live with SLM for a couple of months now and am comfortable to deposit more of my trading fund. Had no problems so far . (Cannot comment on forex trades.)
Some of the best spreads for stocks.

I've been trading on the SmartLiveMarkets MT4 platform for a couple of months and switched to a live account 2 weeks ago. Of the trades I've had so far on it, most of which were over high impact news events (NFP included) I've only had 1 requote, the rest were filled at the price on the ticket, no increase in spreads either, and all have been placed on forex markets.

So far I'm liking them! And I get to display all my lovely lines generated by my indicators too.

I'll update when they start requoting me on everything, or voiding my trades, only a matter of time I'm sure :)

Last edited:
gle101.. i personally trust CS as much is a i trust the look of FXCM (unending research has led me to this view)..and that's zilch..even if they have sorted their trading platform, and even if they do get you executed punctually, which i've personally found very glitchy on ocassions (a while back agreed). their customer service attitude had a lot to be desired and to top it all a comment made by a CS employee and forwarded by a "friend" (internet hearsay talk i know, but sounds but a gut feeling says it adds up) on Forex Factory just sums it up for me... i still can't find that comment, but it's there and tallies up with what i've thought all along re bending over backwards to load the dice and ensure traders lose wherever possible... no thanks.

i'm hoping SLM will come up trumps in those areas if/when i make the jump.

feedback seems ot be increasingly postitve again here...anymore feedback from others?

cheers
k
About a year back CS had problems, and I know, I have been with them for about five years. Today they seem to have a changed attitude, spotless execution and no slippage. I have not been able so far to get that performance with SLM, I don't expect it either, as they are a newcomer in the game. I have a live account, so I might give them a couple of trades again, just to find out if I get executed correctly.

gle101 - that's fair comment if that's your own personal experience and then that's all you need to go by.. requotes and slippage may occurr anywhere including SLM, but appears not to be a massive issue with the "majority" here so far (some exceptions). The question i would be asking on top of that though is what about once you are in the trade... how often are you gonna get a "realistic" and "optimum" outcome in your favour (price not seemingly jigging around at every turn looking for any excuse to put you in the negative regardless of your correct analysus of the market). In the future maybe we'll see some kinda of formal statement from these bucket types like CS or FXCM to say that tampering with price is most definitely not on their agenda with some kind of respectable proof....about as possible as my mother's pet cat lifting the world cup for England!

i'll just keep looking practising and saving until i'm ready and in the meantime keeping tabs on newcomers like SMl and see what gives i think.. MT4 (mt5 lol) is a plus to start with for me personally.

k