Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

JDTRADER: good point! LOL! I guess people are sharing their experiences and it's cool to share to help others, and yes I agree the customer service with SLM shines through compared to the awful customer service of many other SB's.

We just have to realise: this industry (not SB but trading/charting/TA in general) is never exact or a science. Charts will always be different in FX depending on your feed as there is no exchange, and therefore market makers (like SB's) will always have different data here and there even in non-FX markets... it's the nature of the beast. So if your trading method relies on pinpoint accurate data and you're trying to get that from SB's... well, the problem is with the rigidity of your method/you and not with the broker. A good method needs to allow for all of these real world problems (slippage, bad data to a reasonable point, requotes, etc) and still be overall profitable.

1M chart problems tell me Dubai is trying to scalp/trade very small timeframes.... and that just ain't for SB is for.

EDIT: also, you're moaning about different data AT THE OPEN of the FTSE??!??! On a 1M chart??!?!? Come on!! You shouldn't be trading any gap-able opens (or major news) with SB's/market makers!!!! Here is the problem!!

JDTRADER: good point! LOL! I guess people are sharing their experiences and it's cool to share to help others, and yes I agree the customer service with SLM shines through compared to the awful customer service of many other SB's.

We just have to realise: this industry (not SB but trading/charting/TA in general) is never exact or a science. Charts will always be different in FX depending on your feed as there is no exchange, and therefore market makers (like SB's) will always have different data here and there even in non-FX markets... it's the nature of the beast. So if your trading method relies on pinpoint accurate data and you're trying to get that from SB's... well, the problem is with the rigidity of your method/you and not with the broker. A good method needs to allow for all of these real world problems (slippage, bad data to a reasonable point, requotes, etc) and still be overall profitable.

1M chart problems tell me Dubai is trying to scalp/trade very small timeframes.... and that just ain't for SB is for.

I don't trade M1, and the problem was on the fx M1 data, not the SB M1 data. I use the M1 chart to feed an offline chart. How is asking too much to get the same set of data from the same platform and supposedly same feed? Also it makes zero difference what periodicity it is, the open for the FTSE was different no matter what TF.

@JD: I have spoken to Paul numerous times as I showed above with his attitude of that its a problem my end, not theirs. How is that helping me exactly?

Last edited:
@JD: I have spoken to Paul numerous times as I showed above with his attitude of that its a problem my end, not theirs. How is that helping me exactly?

Well like like life if your not happy move on (y)

Platforms don't suit everyone and you have to find a platform that suits your trading and feel happy with your broker.

If you came home everyday to see your wife having sex with the milkman would you stay ? :LOL:

How is asking too much to get the same set of data from the same platform and supposedly same feed?

Because you're asking for 1M data to be picture perfect, and it will never be. That's it I'm afraid, you're going to have to accept that using a 1M feed for an offline will "generally" be ok and "generally" work. Anything more is just dreaming.

Well like like life if your not happy move on (y)

Platforms don't suit everyone and you have to find a platform that suits your trading and feel happy with your broker.

If you came home everyday to see your wife having sex with the milkman would you stay ? :LOL:

About as happy as the state of your acc I reckon. (n)

I totally understand where you are coming from Dubai as I used to systems test and saw the importance of true data, same data, clean data, universally matching data, etc for years I walked on that road but after a while you realise it's all nonsense and a waste of time. Data is what it is, brokers are what they are, this is the real world and these are the restrictions you need to work around. A good method should be able to work even with the odd data dispute and the like. Your offline chart probably will do it's job just fine even with these minor data issues.

JD & pineapple - people should be posting their experiences here good or bad.

thanks.

Sure

Just don't understand traders banging on about problems that they can't fix.

If your Boss banged your head against the wall everyday, would you go to work ?

No, you'd get a new job or in this instance find a platform that suits.
:clap:

Sure

Just don't understand traders banging on about problems that they can't fix.

If your Boss banged your head against the wall everyday, would you go to work ?

No, you'd get a new job or in this instance find a platform that suits.
:clap:

In the hope that shining a light on it the SB's will see it and be ashamed and fix it I guess. That's how we change the world no? Look at the middle east right now.

Yes over the life time of the SLM account, click banner to go to MyFXbook page.

I didn't realise you were a beginner that's all, it says Veteran Member next to your name it suggests you have been in this game for a while.... not having a pick at you or anything it's just eye opening when people who are old members of forums actually aren't making profit in real world trading. Interesting eye opener :eek:

Exactly, so in your world you just accept it and move on? Don't be a walkover.

My main problem is with the attitude of SLM thinking they have done no wrong and won't admit there is a problem. Telling me it's a freak occurrence just doesn't wash. Two days on the bounce? Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket?

I would say SLM have been great so far, they answer emails relatively quickly, they honour the refer a friend and cashback. I understand it's still a new company etc.

Anyway, nothing left to say. I'll keep watching it for a while.