Silver market.

Hmm... Interesting stuff. Thanks isatrader. They seem very bullish on copper, might see if I can find some way of investing in that!

Have you looked at the daily copper chart? Nice double top confirmed with the break below 4.25
I wouldn't be in a hurry

Have you looked at the daily copper chart? Nice double top confirmed with the break below 4.25
I wouldn't be in a hurry

I agree with elitejets short term. The breakout above $4 in copper could be retested soon. Long term though fundamentals and price action looks promising. But do thorough research before jumping in as timing is always important. Attached is a five year chart and stock levels in the LME.

Attachments

• spot-copper-5y-Large.gif
    spot-copper-5y-Large.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 189
  • lme-warehouse-copper-5y-Large.gif
    lme-warehouse-copper-5y-Large.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 172
Gold & Silver Margin Increase and Copper Margin Decrese at CME

Looks like the CME is increasing margins on Gold and Silver again, but is decreasing the margin for Copper.

Here’s a snippet of the article:

For the 100-ounce Comex gold contract, the margin for “initial” speculative positions will rise to $6,751 from $6,075 for speculators. For hedgers and “maintenance” of existing speculative positions, it will rise to $5,001 from $4,500.

In the 5,000-ounce silver contract, the margin for “initial” speculative positions will rise to $11,138 from $10,463. For hedgers and “maintenance” of existing spec positions, the margin climbs to $8,250 from $7,750.

Meanwhile, for the Comex copper contract, the “initial” margin for speculators will fall to $5,738 from $6,413. In the case of hedgers and “maintenance” of speculative positions, the margin declines to $4,250 from $4,750.

Is this bullish for Copper and bearish for Gold and Silver maybe?

Here’s the link to the full article: http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews20110121AS_CME.html

Hmm... Interesting stuff. Thanks isatrader. They seem very bullish on copper, might see if I can find some way of investing in that!

Thinking about it, your best bet is to keep any UK 2p coin made before September 1992. There is about 3p worth of copper in them.

That's interesting! Although I would need a lot of 2p's to have anything worthwhile and as I was just reading - "Royal Mint warned that it was an offence for a member of the public "to melt down a coin of the realm". ;)

I did have some shares in Antofagasta, a big copper mining company but I sold them once I made 100%. Maybe I should have kept them... Having said that, the company I bought shares in with the profit, Bowleven, are now 130% up and I haven't owned them long. They were tipped to me by someone in the know. Anyone who buys shares I would suggest having a look at them. I think this will be a big year for these guys but do your own research of course!

Sam.

look at the 200 mda on silver. I would not be bullish. I have been shorting and will short again after there is a pull back from last weeks drop.