Silver market.

How can my observing that you are short with people, very condescending at times and always ready and willing engage in silly forum snipes or attacks at all be construed as an attempt at psychoanalysis?
What you're doing now is delving into well documented arsenal of the forum/keyboard warrior buzzwords for purposes unknown so I'll leave you to it.

...And I thought I was just having a discussion about silver...so you must be right, I am the odd one out.

Zeal do a lot of relative historical analysis on the silver market which I find interesting. Here’s the link http://www.zealllc.com/

I have attached some seasonal charts they did.

Attachments

• Silver 10 year seasonal.gif
    Silver 10 year seasonal.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Silve Monthly Seasonals.gif
    Silve Monthly Seasonals.gif
    48.6 KB · Views: 136
Zeal do a lot of relative historical analysis on the silver market which I find interesting. Here’s the link http://www.zealllc.com/

I have attached some seasonal charts they did.

It looks like an interesting site, but I didn't find anywhere in their commentary the story of the cornering of the Silver market by the Hunt brothers. This, I think, more correctly explains the run up in price during the 1970's and the spectacular bust.

It looks like an interesting site, but I didn't find anywhere in their commentary the story of the cornering of the Silver market by the Hunt brothers. This, I think, more correctly explains the run up in price during the 1970's and the spectacular bust.

$50 on ounce wasn't it?

I agree they do seem to have an assumption that prices will reach the Hunt brothers parabolic spike at some point and not just at the price before, but the inflation adjusted price. Which I think is a big assumption, as like you said the previous spike was the Hunt brothers attempt to corner the market in silver.

The moon was huge and bright last night. I had a work day from 9am to 2am yesterday. Thats the reason fro teh strange attitude today. i always act strange when i'm tired.

Palladium is another interesting one. Has many industrial uses as well as being used for jewellery. It has a unique property in which it can absorb up to 900 times its own volume of hydrogen. I'm no scientist but I have a feeling that has to be useful for hydrogen fuel cells if they take off in the future. It is also rarer than gold and quite a lot cheaper. I was lucky enough to buy some bars a couple of years ago when it was significantly cheaper still. Check out the price since then..... The price of my bars has nearly tripled. Not sure how much longer the bull run can go on though! Anyone buy palladium?

Sam.

Attachments

• PL£.jpg
    PL£.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 132
Palladium is another interesting one. Has many industrial uses as well as being used for jewellery. It has a unique property in which it can absorb up to 900 times its own volume of hydrogen. I'm no scientist but I have a feeling that has to be useful for hydrogen fuel cells if they take off in the future. It is also rarer than gold and quite a lot cheaper. I was lucky enough to buy some bars a couple of years ago when it was significantly cheaper still. Check out the price since then..... The price of my bars has nearly tripled. Not sure how much longer the bull run can go on though! Anyone buy palladium?

Sam.

Yep, I had a reasonable bite of it in September to November last year. I made an ok 21%. But missed a lot of the huge move over the year. What surprised me was that everyone was going nuts about silver, but Palladium was the strongest performer of the precious metals last year. I will definitely be buying some more for a long term position in the next few months once the correction has played out for a while.

Yeah its not quite so well known as Silver, Gold and Platinum. That's partly what interested me, Originally I was going to keep buying while I thought the price was low and hold long term but the price took off so quickly it kind of spoilt my plan as I don't think it is 'cheap' now. So I've said to myself if they reach £1000 per bar I will sell (I have the 50g bars). So you think this is still a good long term buy then? What makes you bullish on Palladium?

Yeah its not quite so well known as Silver, Gold and Platinum. That's partly what interested me, Originally I was going to keep buying while I thought the price was low and hold long term but the price took off so quickly it kind of spoilt my plan as I don't think it is 'cheap' now. So I've said to myself if they reach £1000 per bar I will sell (I have the 50g bars). So you think this is still a good long term buy then? What makes you bullish on Palladium?

I do, but it’s just my opinion. So don’t be influenced by it as I don’t know much.

My reasons for being bullish on Palladium is that China and India are going to need much more of it for industrial uses and the rise in investment demand due to the advent of the ETFs that were listed last year in the US. The ETF effect on Gold and Silver has been huge since 2005. I think I read recently that 50% of Gold demand is now from investors in ETFs, whereas a few years ago it was only around 30%. Demand for the ETFs is a big driver and could eventually lead to a bubble in prices, but that’s many years off IMO. One problem I read about Palladium though is that once prices get to a certain relative level that it will be less viable as a substitute of platinum in the industrial uses. But that assumes that platinum won’t rise as well if palladium does, which it probably would although platinum is relatively weaker at the moment.

If you hold physical bars then you can probably hold on to them for a very long time yet IMO.

Hi megamuel, I found this article on Kitco about palladium which you might find interesting http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews20110120AS_VMgroup.html

Looking very correction-ish. Looking back at other bubbles they seem to drop off dramatically, current move looks too slow and parabolic.