Sign this petition immediately!

My afternoon today

10:30ish: Notice that Speaker is going to resign
10:31-12ish: Dither. Also trade a bit, but that's not as exciting as rail journeys!
12:01: Look at P&L, decide just about acceptable, and reckon will go to houses of commons to see speaker resign
12:05: Board first train at Moorgate
12:08: Notice train is not Circle line, but District line. Catch next train at Liverpool Street
12:10: Notice train is not Circle line, but Metropolitan line. Catch next train at Aldgate
12:30ish: Arrive at Palace of Westminster, and locate entrance. Told entrances to viewing gallery start at 1:30 for admission to gallery at 2:30.
12:33: Walk to Trafalgar Square to buy book for something to do. Get "For whom the bell tolls" just in case interviewed by TV, because visual puns are in this season.
13:00ish: Start queuing. Third in the queue behind two poles (who I cunningly overtake a bit later). Read first two pages in book, decide Hemingway's even more tldr than trader_dante.
13:40ish: Get inside St Wotzit's Hall, find some other folks are mysteriously there first.
13:45ish: Invited on free guide to question time, apparently best chance of actually getting in. Quite good actually, the only part of this afternoon I didn't feel like a strong drink. Also got lots of documents with which to mess desk up more (always a bonus). Will read them after I get around to Bagehot, which is approximately never I suspect.
14:30: Not possible to go into gallery in time without a ticket bought in advance unfortunately. Catch a glimpse of speaker walking past.
15:15: Decide that the only thing more boring than sitting in queue is what I am about to face, i.e. Questioning of David Milliband. Bail just in time.
15:25: Get on District Line train...

You could have stayed in the office with a plank and a small pot of paint and had a similar level of enjoyment.

Tickets to get in! This is a democracy for Chrissakes!!! You should have demanded to see YOUR MPS and YOUR PM - in action...

When ever this election does come its becoming more obvious who will win.

With the support of his old Bullingdon mucca, the wee Rothschild and his connection with reuters, and his new friend Murdoch and his connection with The Sun and other outlets of mass media, the masses will be subtly guided towards voting for Cameron.

While The Sun might not be able to claim It's The Sun Wot Won It - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at the end of the campaign due to Brown's numerous shortfalls playing the largest part, they will still play a vital role, diminished sales or not.

Cameron will have to work very hard to lose this one, even if he upsets Rothschild by breaking his rules of etiquette, while in the presence of a russian oligarch, on a boat, and mysteriously, the next day, photos of Cameron snorting away his student loan are released to the press...it still wont be enough to save Brown from leaving.

UTV News - The Sun moves a stage closer to backing David Cameron
David Cameron took free flights to meet Rupert Murdoch | Politics | guardian.co.uk
BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight | Cameron student photo is banned

I need to stop watching that stop hunt, Depth Traders conspiracy videos :confused:

People vote on how they feel economically and almost nothing else has any real impact in my view. As people will be feeling significantly worse than in 2005 they will vote based on that. If that was not the case then the Iraq war would have had a bigger impact on voters in 2005 and yet it didn't.

Paul

What's the point in replacing one to$$er with another to$$er?
Expensesgate is a wonderful smokescreen for the fact that neither Brown nor Cameron has a clue how to sort out the financial/economic mess we are in, not to mention small issues like climate change or running out of energy well within the lifetimes of most of us.

What's the point in replacing one to$$er with another to$$er?
Expensesgate is a wonderful smokescreen for the fact that neither Brown nor Cameron has a clue how to sort out the financial/economic mess we are in, not to mention small issues like climate change or running out of energy well within the lifetimes of most of us.

Yeah.

Expensesgate - a nice little diversion for w@nkergate. That one doesn't seem to go away though.....

Any more of you doubters want to change your mind about the election date?

Here's where I am currently, still trying to get more on:

currentbetfair.png

I am not sure what you mean ? The lowest odds are for next year which is still most likely in my view.

Paul

I thought you were going to trade this one out? If Gordo comes back with a definitive, and the most expected response, you're going to have your work cut out spreading that risk.

I thought you were going to trade this one out? If Gordo comes back with a definitive, and the most expected response, you're going to have your work cut out spreading that risk.

It would be impossible to trade out of it without taking something like a 70%-80% hit, the market's far too illiquid. I have traded out of my party leaders position for a small profit though, as that's looking a bit more precarious...

I just got hit five minutes ago on (1% of) a spoof while trying to add to the position :LOL:

(Incidentally in the unlikely event I persuaded anyone this was a good bet, Ladbrokes are currently doing 4.00, so put your first £500 there I suggest...)