Sign this petition immediately!

In my view there is simply no chance on Earth of there being an early general election regardless of how many people sign petitions. The reason is that this government knows it will get slaughtered at the polls so will hang on until they are obliged to. All this talk is just that talk and will have no impact on decision makers. Let's face it are you going to make yourself redundant earlier than you have to especially when you will need to get used to not being able to claim thousands in expenses in just over a year from now :)

Paul

Civil wars have been known to start by the sovereign trying to dissolve parliament.....ain't going to happen. Real power resides with the PM unless (s)he is turfed out by a cabinet revolt withdrawing support. Even then they are not going to commit political suicide by calling an election and, as Paul rightly says, it simply is not in their financial interest to do so.

If parliament ceases to function then it is the soverign's duty to dissolve it. There will be no civil war, no constitutional crisis or whatever if that happens.

So the only question to ask is if it will cease to function... and the answer to that will become clearer during the next week methinks :)

Now there's a thought...........parliament ceases to function for a while.......no more stupid laws.....no more Brown and over-fed piglets in our faces all the time.........no more pontificating self-aggrandising arrogant little fuhrers and Harpersons telling us what is best for us........bound to be good, like traffic lights getting switched off and the traffic flows much better.

I see on the news Gordon Brown has been hiding away from reality as usual, looking at brand new cars and rejoicing in his wonderful pennies-off-the-cost-of-a-new-car initiative.
"Fiddling" whilst democracy burns........

sounds like you know somin we dont! spill the beans lol

I don't have any privileged knowledge, I'm just extrapolating from the vague parallels I can find, although this is a pretty unique situation in modern times so a lot of it is guesswork.

Something I do do that most who've posted on this thread probably don't do is read The Sun and so I know that they have just started a campaign for a general election. And The Sun always gets what it wants :)

I see on the news Gordon Brown has been hiding away from reality as usual, looking at brand new cars and rejoicing in his wonderful pennies-off-the-cost-of-a-new-car initiative.
"Fiddling" whilst democracy burns........

I thought that Gordo and Mandy fitted in quite well as car salesmen - though that's probably doing an injustice to those in the car trade.

Lets organise a T2W coup. We'll overthrow the government and put Arabian in charge. Start selecting your cabinet Arabian!

And The Sun always gets what it wants

It is not the 1980s any more when "The Sun" enjoyed the largest readership in the Country. Now it is the Daily Mail (which in my view is "The Sun" equivalent for the new millenium) which is more likely to get what it wants than The Sun will do.

Paul

It is not the 1980s any more when "The Sun" enjoyed the largest readership in the Country. Now it is the Daily Mail (which in my view is "The Sun" equivalent for the new millenium) which is more likely to get what it wants than The Sun will do.

Paul

And do you think that the Daily Mail will want anything other than an immediate election?

If it wasn't for Rothermere's tax dodging they'd be laying in a heckuva lot harder...

An election is needed to clean out the Augean Stables, (hopefully they won't charge us for the manure), but the local constituency parties need to deselect the shoplifters as well as the party leaders removing the whip and expelling the worst offenders.

Last edited:
He should have been sent packing after allowing police into parliamentary private offices. Total ******. He's an arrogant little bar steward to boot.

What will the headline in the Sun be tomorrow.

"SUN WOT SINKS BIG FAT CONTROLLER!!!!"