sick of 'gurus': new trader asking advice from normal traders?

Hey depth trade

Some prop firms will back you if you can show a profitable track record. I know of one who will split profits 50% with you with zero capital contribution, pm me if you want details.

12 years is a long time but at least you made it.:)
Thanks, I have a lead I'm working with right now.

I think I am on the brink. Still can't see why I would go work for anyone if I can average a few hundred a day from a bucketshop or two. But then I am not too ambitious.
Joe let me ask you a couple questions. How long have you been trading, what are you trading, how old are you and what is your current time frame to trade off ?
I assume you are thinking of day-trading since you expect to make a couple hundred a day.

he maybe should ask profitable traders to throw him some crumbs instead of wasting his money. Good trading to you.

Don't be rude if you expect a correct reply. And don't be shy to say you did not understand anything at the John's webinar. Unless you lie.

When I was doing my sailing competent srew, they guy said, some catch if very fast, some do not f...ng get it even after 3-4 weeks. That's all.

Don't be affraid to say youy did not understand anything :cheesy:
That's happens to some. Even after a 3 weeks webinar.

By the way, did you visit Solent? Nice sailing up there.

PS. You will probably have a perfect right to say you are "trader" if you have a sustainable living income from trading. Up to that, you are just a ghost on the forum, wathever the number of your posts is. Have a good sailing to you too. And check the tide.

Joe let me ask you a couple questions. How long have you been trading, what are you trading, how old are you and what is your current time frame to trade off ?
I assume you are thinking of day-trading since you expect to make a couple hundred a day.

If I were to trade, I would work off the 1 minute time frame. Up to now I haven't been trading. I have been gambling on a low intensity and low value basis. But that doesn't invalidate the question. If I can average a few hundred a day trading (not gambling), I see no reason to work for anyone.

Don't be rude if you expect a correct reply. And don't be shy to say you did not understand anything at the John's webinar. Unless you lie.

When I was doing my sailing competent srew, they guy said, some catch if very fast, some do not f...ng get it even after 3-4 weeks. That's all.

Don't be affraid to say youy did not understand anything :cheesy:
That's happens to some. Even after a 3 weeks webinar.

By the way, did you visit Solent? Nice sailing up there.

PS. You will probably have a perfect right to say you are "trader" if you have a sustainable living income from trading. Up to that, you are just a ghost on the forum, wathever the number of your posts is. Have a good sailing to you too. And check the tide.

Hey

I have checked out the No BS day trading manual, I haven't done any webinars. He tried to pitch me recordings of the webinar, I asked for the results he provided them and admitted they werent great. made a couple of ticks which was a scratch after commissions.

no great shakes. look dont get upset when you find out you have been sold a pup. you will probably find out in about a year from now if you don't give up. whichever way good luck.

I think I am on the brink. Still can't see why I would go work for anyone if I can average a few hundred a day from a bucketshop or two. But then I am not too ambitious.

BJ I know we have been down this route before but you do know you cannot learn how to trade with a bucketshop unless you are swing trading. :confused:

BJ I know we have been down this route before but you do know you cannot learn how to trade with a bucketshop unless you are swing trading. :confused:

Yes, lots of swings in EUR/USD. You just need to catch one and put in a sufficient amount and that should produce enough to cover the day's work. I fought the bucket shop to a stand still with a slight gain in my direction. If I scale up, I think a few hundred is feasible.

So it wouldn't concern you if you were 'learning' from an unprofitable tarder. the DOM is bollox apart from the inside bid/ask. :LOL:

I think you could make some money out of this nugget of info...

First of all - call Futex, tell them to end the current round of training they are doing. The DOM is useless, so no point having their recruits focus on it any more.

Second - call Harris Brumsfeld. Tell him XTrader is now redundant & that he needs a new business model.

I'll expect 5% for this sterling advice. :p

you do know you cannot learn how to trade with a bucketshop unless you are swing trading. :confused:

Assuming you're talking about SB and micro FX, I think you're more likely to learn how to trade this way, if only because you can use lower stakes and therefore lose a lot less money, which increases your chances of survival for long enough to pull through.

(y)(y)

Plenty of it right here on this thread, but I'd like to see a lulz chart with the lulz'o-gram indicator and # of lulz (volume :) )to determine the strength of the lulz.

Listening? No? Excellent.

Peter

This is teh secret lulz chart and teh secret lulz indicator :LOL:

anim_988c99ad-e3ec-8ed4-5d03-8d785409c749.gif

Assuming you're talking about SB and micro FX, I think you're more likely to learn how to trade this way, if only because you can use lower stakes and therefore lose a lot less money, which increases your chances of survival for long enough to pull through.

Good post. Common sense.

On this trade I risked 2% on 10 pips, and 10 pips TF.

My initial SL of 6 pips (below the latest swing low), so I was risking just a bit more than 1%, my spread was 0.7 pips, no commission.

I just need 1 trade a day to make the account grow fast. Is it easy? No, it is not.
But worth it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
trading is just like life.....there are alot of factors out there trying to get your attention but only you decide what you gravitate towards. some are just lies with business aims and some are actually true....its up to you to research and evaluate which works for you best and meets your needs accordingly. this tends to come with trial and error and is a process of discovery. at the end of the day, everybody's trying to make it....some play fair and some play dirty....who's to say either is right or wrong? trading is as interesting as can be and like everything in life...not everybody can succeed at it.

hi,

i'm pretty new to the trading game. but already i am becoming sick and tired of the so called 'gurus' who promise the world, but only seem to deliver expensive and dodgy systems, psycho-babble and generic information about cutting losses and running wins blah blah blah.

i would like to ask average traders with some trading time under their belts what your experiences have been in the game? is it worth it?

does anyone actually bring in decent profits on a regular basis or are the good times always wiped out by the bad in the long run?

does the hard work pay off in the end or is trading the equivalent to chasing the golden pot at the end of the rainbow?

'gurus' need not respond.

thanks! :)

I think you could make some money out of this nugget of info...

First of all - call Futex, tell them to end the current round of training they are doing. The DOM is useless, so no point having their recruits focus on it any more.

Second - call Harris Brumsfeld. Tell him XTrader is now redundant & that he needs a new business model.

I'll expect 5% for this sterling advice. :p

I was waiting for you to bite:clap: and defend your wares.

Futex = churn and burn desk fees collection company.

xtrader and the like are not redundant fool, just only the inside bid and ask is relevant. It amuses me when people say they are looking at order levels 5 -10 levels away from where trades are going off. There are algos pulling and making those orders every nanosecond. Ha ha ha.

I was waiting for you to bite:clap: and defend your wares.

Futex = churn and burn desk fees collection company.

xtrader and the like are not redundant fool, just only the inside bid and ask is relevant. It amuses me when people say they are looking at order levels 5 -10 levels away from where trades are going off. There are algos pulling and making those orders every nanosecond. Ha ha ha.

I was waiting for you to come & defend your ignorance.

I'm still waiting.