sick of 'gurus': new trader asking advice from normal traders?

Yes but is he profitable? have you asked him? i did. If he is why teach? Tape reading the ES isnt a great plan given the wide variety of non price sensitive participants and spreaders/hedgers. Better to tape read something that is liquid but thinner imo like a mid cap stock. There are numpty vendors and then the tougher smarter breed of vendors who are more difficult to spot. Be careful it's a jungle out there. Find some profitable traders and join them, they are easy to spot they work at prop firms or usually on their own, they trade full time for a living and don't teach.

Tape reading the ES you will see 10000 contracts print and you will not have a clue who or what the buyer/seller is doing. Trade a news stock and you know institutions are going to be buying or selling large positions.

CD - I think you asked Joel, not John...

Different person... John trades live in front of punters for a month for a very small amount of $$$. He's the No BS DayTrading guy.

I trade fx spot - there is no central exchange, and therefore no easily accessible vol data.

To add to prev post - I have met a lot of traders trading commodity, FI, equity index futures who do not use vol data, and I have met some who do.

Talk is cheap.
Could you just post a PDF of your last 6 months results?

CD - I think you asked Joel, not John...

Different person... John trades live in front of punters for a month for a very small amount of $$$. He's the No BS DayTrading guy.

No I asked John, I know who he is. (I have also asked Joel but it was futile). I am sure John made money in the past but I don't think he is profitable now, certainly not killing it. He told me his results and admitted they weren't great, break even after commissions I seem to recall.

As vendors go John is at the better end but that is like saying which tird is better.

No, John trades tBonds, not ES, he just brough ES for a couple of days to show the difference with the treasury bills and other markets.

About his profitability, I think he is. It's a quiet hard to teach someone, explain the stuff on the screen, speak about probability and make the calls. Anyhow, his redaing is very good, he knows the scalping very well and to follow him you have to see the same things as he does immediately.

I really like the way he reads the tape and think I will spend some time to learn it. What really surprised me, he knows perfectly when the trade doesn't work and he exit immediately, just scratch or 1 tick down. I would never do that, I would just stay in trade and wait till... I'm 6 ticks down ))))

Any way, for me it worth every penny spent on webinar.

Did I some money during the webinar? Yes I did. I mean I made some good entry decisions, but lost all of them because did not exit at time. And worse, lost some more ticks. That's a good experince for me personnaly, sometimes I see the setups but I don't see when to exit. And that makes difference. Yesterday made 4 entries, ZN, 3-4 ticks plus each time. But you think it gona pop a couple of ticks more and it goes against you. You wait a bit longer and you are bailing out 3 ticks loss.

But as I said, there is a price for each lesson. And this lesson is: when the momentum gone, bail out. So, you have to read the volume very well.

Let me get this right, you THINK he is profitable and for you it is worth every penny!

You trade with him live but yet don't get same entries and exits and end up losing money, give me a break dude. These guys are smart vendors if you challenge them they will get all high and mighty and puff themselves up. How dare you challenge me kind if thinking.

Save your money and join a prop firm if you are serious.

Let me get this right, you THINK he is profitable and for you it is worth every penny!

Yes, I do think it worth FOR ME, I learn a lot. I don't say everyone must have. I do prefer to spend some hundred bucks in a very consistant webinar, than spend them on my wrong trades. Just my opinion.

About John's profitability I wouldn't argue, there is not my consern. He spend quiet a lot of time explaining things, what suit me very well. Yes, I do prefer that, than having a guy just shouting in the mic : go long or go short. That's my point.

Any way, you trade with your psycholgy and your personal pain threshold. It's a good beguinning to at least start to understand what happens right here and right now, who bids or asks, why they pull the orders, when to exit at the smack down, etc. When you start see that, make your own decisions, after that, it's your trading style.

You can make a good call or a wrong call, but if you know what happens on the market, and can separate the reality from your perseption of the reality, at least you know the problem is in you and not in the "method", which by the way John doesn't teach. He just shows how to read the DOM. After that, you take wathever you want to. I'm personally happy with.

Attachments

• summary stats.PNG
    summary stats.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 349
  • EC.jpg
    EC.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 318
  • weekly net profit.jpg
    weekly net profit.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 285
  • monthly net profit.jpg
    monthly net profit.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 264
  • drawdown.jpg
    drawdown.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 266
Yes, I do think it worth FOR ME, I learn a lot. I don't say everyone must have. I do prefer to spend some hundred bucks in a very consistant webinar, than spend them on my wrong trades. Just my opinion.

About John's profitability I wouldn't argue, there is not my consern. He spend quiet a lot of time explaining things, what suit me very well. Yes, I do prefer that, than having a guy just shouting in the mic : go long or go short. That's my point.

Any way, you trade with your psycholgy and your personal pain threshold. It's a good beguinning to at least start to understand what happens right here and right now, who bids or asks, why they pull the orders, when to exit at the smack down, etc. When you start see that, make your own decisions, after that, it's your trading style.

You can make a good call or a wrong call, but if you know what happens on the market, and can separate the reality from your perseption of the reality, at least you know the problem is in you and not in the "method", which by the way John doesn't teach. He just shows how to read the DOM. After that, you take wathever you want to. I'm personally happy with.

So it wouldn't concern you if you were 'learning' from an unprofitable tarder. the DOM is bollox apart from the inside bid/ask. :LOL:

Oh here's an idea why don't you ask liquid validity to throw you a few crumbs considering he has shown he is profitable. Groundbreaking huh?

No offence, but I want to make it crystal clear, that ain't happening.
I'm here solely to chat with other like minded people and lulz.
Everyone should find something that suits themselves, that they understand.
If you are interested dig through my more recent posts (last 12 months).
Better yet, listen to nothing I or anyone else says on the internet,
without personally verifying it yourself.

Anyway, its automated which most people hate.
Can't say I blame them, its a bit of leap of faith to trust a PC, modem and broker
with money and no external interference.

Oh here's an idea why don't you ask liquid validity to throw you a few crumbs considering he has shown he is profitable. Groundbreaking huh?

No, thanks, I leave the crumbs for guys like you. Brainbreaking, huh?

Show me your results? You speak a lot, what about your P/L? There is lots of peole just virtually living on this forum, virtual traders and gurus. They don't trade but speak about trades. You look like one of them, huh?

By the way, don't play a rude game with the people, you don't know me and I don't know you. We can politely speak about common themes but if you start like that, don't expect a nice reply.

the DOM is bollox apart from the inside bid/ask. :LOL:

I think you probaly lie saing you've been on the John's webinar. In just a couple of day normaly start seeing lots of things, levels, speed, volumes etc. As the webinar progresses you follow better and really can't see a trade without keeping one eye on the market profile. I don't say you start immediately trading profitably but it really makes your decisions clear for at least yourself.

Or may be you 've been there but didn't understand a clue in three weeks time. That happens.

Last edited:
No, thanks, I leave the crumbs for guys like you. Brainbreaking, huh?

Show me your results? You speak a lot, what about your P/L? There is lots of peole just virtually living on this forum, virtual traders and gurus. They don't trade but speak about trades. You look like one of them, huh?

By the way, don't play a rude game with the people, you don't know me and I don't know you. We can politely speak about common themes but if you start like that, don't expect a nice reply.

I think you probaly lie saing you've been on the John's webinar. In just a couple of day normaly start seeing lots of things, levels, speed, volumes etc. As the webinar progresses you follow better and really can't see a trade without keeping one eye on the market profile. I don't say you start immediately trading profitably but it really makes your decisions clear for at least yourself.

Or may be you 've been there but didn't understand a clue in three weeks time. That happens.

Just trying to help you but if you want to waste your money that's fine. If you want to see one of my statements I posted one about a week ago. No trading since then as on a vacation. Good day

No offence, but I want to make it crystal clear, that ain't happening.
I'm here solely to chat with other like minded people and lulz.
Everyone should find something that suits themselves, that they understand.
If you are interested dig through my more recent posts (last 12 months).
Better yet, listen to nothing I or anyone else says on the internet,
without personally verifying it yourself.

Anyway, its automated which most people hate.
Can't say I blame them, its a bit of leap of faith to trust a PC, modem and broker
with money and no external interference.

That's cool LV. I was just suggesting he maybe should ask profitable traders to throw him some crumbs instead of wasting his money. Good trading to you.

Total waste of time after 12 years I am just now profitable, now I have the hard task of finding employment from managers with zero trading experience. You're better off doing other type of work and buying into precious metals every month.
The dollar is on the verge of collapse which will move silver and gold into upper triple and five digits.

Total waste of time after 12 years I am just now profitable, now I have the hard task of finding employment from managers with zero trading experience. You're better off doing other type of work and buying into precious metals every month.
The dollar is on the verge of collapse which will move silver and gold into upper triple and five digits.

Hey depth trade

Some prop firms will back you if you can show a profitable track record. I know of one who will split profits 50% with you with zero capital contribution, pm me if you want details.

12 years is a long time but at least you made it.:)