Sick of America...Relocating

Have you ever thought of the UAE? Dubai or Abu Dhabi comes to mind. I'm sure they speak English there.

far too hot, the tax scheme is enticing but the fact that the political/personal liberties are lacking is not my cup of tea, i want to be free of government, or at least free of oppressive government, i am fine with government if it is helpful and my taxes are going to actually benefit me

i am very serious about this, i am very politically opposed to the way the u.s. is being run, and am prepared to leave my family in this country....

US Virgin Isles? Think theyre easier to move to than the UK ones.

BTW best internet of any country I've been in is Kenya. 5mbps mobile net unltd for £20 a month and it works *everywhere* from amboseli to dadaab. There is 20mbps too but not unltd and i dunno what the other network's coverage is like out of the city.

Beats the **** out of england.
i hated kenya, one of the most depressing cities i've ever been to was nairobai, once you're out in the wild, though there are some amazing little towns...i wouldn't live there though

and as ignorant as it sounds u.s. virgin islands are too risk for my taste, dont want to live anywhere that could get washed off the map

zurich switzerland is still my #1 choice, very pretty in ti's own way:
P1181337c2.jpg

well it depends, 10 yrs ago it was a ****hole, i was there last week and I liked it.

Also tourists know nothing about the place and keep going to the city centre and complaining that there's nothing to do, life in nbo happens in the suburbs.

Alternatively, buy your own island.

--I'm looking for somewhere with stable $.
--If the global economy does take a huge hit, it'll be *not that bad* for their currency
--Low taxes on gains from trading.
--Ability to gain citizenship easily is a +
--Europe is a +, being able to trade the eMiniS&P during the afternoon would be a godsend, but I'll make due in whatever timezone.
--I'm looking for somewhere where bartending could earn me some consistent money on the side and make me some friends...so cities are preferable.
--Being able to get by with some English for awhile is a +, but I'm good with languages
--Good infrastructure/internet/etc. No 3rd World Countries please.
--Somewhere with good climate is top on my list, SoCal just has it so good...
--Good people, good culture, good food, good women is a +.

If you can identify a city like this, I will gladly paypal you $50

Asuncion, Paraguay.

If you want to be in Europe, the Andorra le Vella (Principality of Andorra) is a possibility.

$50 to a charity of my choice?

Panama is one of your best choices as of now. They even have a pensionaro program and very low medical costs. Internet is subperb.

There is a thread on ET of someone who recommends the Bahamas.
Gives prices of property, entry requirements etc.
Would interest you

In Europe, I love mediterranean regions like: French riviera (the part from Toulon to the west), provence , some parts of Italy. The coast in Spain between French border and Barcelona is also beautiful, but it is a different story when it comes to culture, dont like something in it from this side. Those regions of France and Italy is the California of Europe and I would like to relocate there. I also consider Paris and London as a places of where the good energy lives (y) even though the people who live there for many years, or all their life, may complain on many things.
I think it is also important to recognize what makes you move because the location may not be the cause of your suffering.

far too hot, the tax scheme is enticing but the fact that the political/personal liberties are lacking is not my cup of tea, i want to be free of government, or at least free of oppressive government, i am fine with government if it is helpful and my taxes are going to actually benefit me

i am very serious about this, i am very politically opposed to the way the u.s. is being run, and am prepared to leave my family in this country....

Are you still "in the thread", OP? I see the last post was a couple of weeks ago, but your last post was more like 3 months ago ...

I hear you pretty clearly, I think.

I know it was mentioned briefly on the first couple of pages of the thread, but I think regarding the comment above, and the criteria you listed in the OP, Malta is perhaps the perfect place for you.

Brilliant climate, perfect internet availability (in the areas where you'd want to live), and 100 other things in its favour, not least the fact that it's a tax haven.

In all those magazines and websites where they monitor the "best places in the world to live" every year, Malta's rarely out of the top 10, and understandably so. English-speaking (more or less), too.

I've spent some time there ... let me know if I can help you with any information.

(One other place which I think perhaps you shouldn't dismiss too quickly - as many might, on the basis of assumptions that typically turn out not to be quite right - is Quito, the capital of Ecuador. It actually has a lot in its favour. Including the climate, in spite of being about 25 miles from the equator, because it's pretty high altitude and therefore not nearly as hot as you'd think. It's also far more politically stable and safer than most people realise - nothing like its neighbour Colombia, at all).

Last edited:
If the Wikipedia page is anything to judge by, it looks like an amazing place, even just for a visit. Wow.

East west home's best

The problem with islands is usually the wind. In Gozo it was anywhere from moderate to strong on most days when I was there.

(One other place which I think perhaps you shouldn't dismiss too quickly - as many might, on the basis of assumptions that typically turn out not to be quite right - is Quito, the capital of Ecuador. It actually has a lot in its favour. Including the climate, in spite of being about 25 miles from the equator, because it's pretty high altitude and therefore not nearly as hot as you'd think. It's also far more politically stable and safer than most people realise - nothing like its neighbour Colombia, at all).

have you seen this on google maps, is it a border or what around this city ?
Quito - Mapy Google

Ffs, whatever you do cross England off the list. I'm sure you already have.

This country is a mess, it's getting worse and there's absolutely no prospect of any of the politicians getting to grips with some of the most fundamental problems in our society.

There are a lot of second rate minds in this country, and they're all in positions of power. Go in the directions stated by other forum members. Meditteranean islands. Be careful around African and Middle Eastern nations, as you already know. Germans speak better English than most of the English, and is very competently run, with history and culture. They're in favour of the financial transaction tax, at least superficially, though. Places like Singapore and Hong Kong I've heard are pretty damn amazing, both English speaking I think, both with decent tax arrangements I think. That would need to be verified.

I feel your pain. But I still love America (& California). Hope you'll find a better place to relocate to! Or maybe take some trips to the other countries to see what kind of place suits you the most.

I took Equador off my short list since I wasn't seeing anything about availability of high speed internet, does anyone know what's available and how reliable it is?

wildshoetwt

I hate what is going on in the US too, hate Obamacare. My friend moved to Thailand, it's Heaven. He is a full time trader and loves it. Also my best friend is native Thai and will help you around if you need it. He helped my trader friend first few years in Thailand, Hua Hin.'

Cheap country, amazing, friendly people, also very modern, trade anywhere .

I am from California as well and planning to move to Thailand.

Alec.

he already ruled out moving here 'cos of the time difference with the US markets.

i know, it's no fun sitting here in the dark at 2am waiting for an audio alarm to go off (or not)

For sheer quality of life, civilisation, culture and all things that make us decent humans, I'd recommend central Italy - Firenze and Bologna are a little too busy with tourists, but I can't speak highly enough of Parma ......

I completely agree and after living for a month this past June I am also preparing to move to Bangkok by summer of 2013.

wildshoetwt

I hate what is going on in the US too, hate Obamacare. My friend moved to Thailand, it's Heaven. He is a full time trader and loves it. Also my best friend is native Thai and will help you around if you need it. He helped my trader friend first few years in Thailand, Hua Hin.'

Cheap country, amazing, friendly people, also very modern, trade anywhere .

I am from California as well and planning to move to Thailand.

Alec.

Don't fret. Things will change for the worse for a while, but eventually they'll get better. Don't bail on us yet. Stick to your principles and regain your morals. There are many behind you...