Sick of America...Relocating

Cartman_Coon.jpg

lol

so geneva, zurich, or malta it is

japans radiation is off the charts from what i hear but that is being kept under wraps

russia doesnt really interest me

i've lived in china for 1.5 years, i'm not a huge fan, fun adventure, not a great place to live

im leaning towards zurich, how would taxes between malta and zurich compare?

Get ready to be bored... Also, not sure you heard, but stuff's pretty damn expensive these days in Swizzerland.

Get ready to be bored... Also, not sure you heard, but stuff's pretty damn expensive these days in Swizzerland.

what do you mean by bored?

America is ****ing boring, same ****, everyday. Traveling is the spice of life...at least I think so. If I didn't live in malibu, CA I'd' be jumping ship already...I'll miss surfing, the beach, the early market mornings, the hot dry desert air, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, my jeep Wrangler, but this chapter of my life is closed.

I'm sick of it. I'm ready to get out.

BTW How in the world would going to a new country and living there (even if for awhile) be "boring", even though I hated China, the 1.5 years I was there, were certainly the most memorable time of my life. (speaking of which, you get treated like absolute royalty in China if you are white, but that's not my cup of tea)

The only good thing about America in my eyes is that we get good music tours, but that's something I'm willing to sacrifice, plus the music that I really like is actually more popular in Europe than America so the bands do come around once in awhile.

$ is not the issue for me. I'm willing to be poor as f***. My problem is the issue of taxation without representation. I do not feel represented. I do not feel like the peoples will is represented, I feel that the people are manipulated and/or ignored in America. I feel that the people are kept so mindnumbingly distracted by entertainment that we never find the time to get out on teh streets and riot. I do not support murder occurring in (count em) 6 different countries now in order to keep GDP above water, and keep the looming crisis from crashing down on us. I do not support what the media does, it is an absolute joke. I do not support what congress does. I do not support what the President does.

I'm an American at heart, I'm a patriot. But as MLK said: "there can be no great disappointment where there is not great love." Just when I thought things were turning up for America, and people were starting to wake up, 9/11 10th anniversary rolls around, and everyone loses their minds again and people have the BALLS to BOO Ron Paul for telling them (as politely as possible) that their government's foreign policy was the motive behind the 9/11 revenge attack. (if, indeed, it was even an "attack").

Yes, this is a rant. But that is precisely why I have to get out.

Paying 18 bucks for a Big Mac would probably be slightly more off putting for me :LOL:

I went there when the Franc was slightly cheaper and still managed to pay 30 pounds stirling for a fish and chips at the bar.

Nice country though :)

what do you mean by bored?

America is ****ing boring, same ****, everyday. Traveling is the spice of life...at least I think so. If I didn't live in malibu, CA I'd' be jumping ship already...I'll miss surfing, the beach, the early market mornings, the hot dry desert air, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, my jeep Wrangler, but this chapter of my life is closed.

I'm sick of it. I'm ready to get out.

BTW How in the world would going to a new country and living there (even if for awhile) be "boring", even though I hated China, the 1.5 years I was there, were certainly the most memorable time of my life. (speaking of which, you get treated like absolute royalty in China if you are white, but that's not my cup of tea)

The only good thing about America in my eyes is that we get good music tours, but that's something I'm willing to sacrifice, plus the music that I really like is actually more popular in Europe than America so the bands do come around once in awhile.

$ is not the issue for me. I'm willing to be poor as f***. My problem is the issue of taxation without representation. I do not feel represented. I do not feel like the peoples will is represented, I feel that the people are manipulated and/or ignored in America. I feel that the people are kept so mindnumbingly distracted by entertainment that we never find the time to get out on teh streets and riot. I do not support murder occurring in (count em) 6 different countries now in order to keep GDP above water, and keep the looming crisis from crashing down on us. I do not support what the media does, it is an absolute joke. I do not support what congress does. I do not support what the President does.

I'm an American at heart, I'm a patriot. But as MLK said: "there can be no great disappointment where there is not great love." Just when I thought things were turning up for America, and people were starting to wake up, 9/11 10th anniversary rolls around, and everyone loses their minds again and people have the BALLS to BOO Ron Paul for telling them (as politely as possible) that their government's foreign policy was the motive behind the 9/11 revenge attack. (if, indeed, it was even an "attack").

Yes, this is a rant. But that is precisely why I have to get out.

Paying 18 bucks for a Big Mac would probably be slightly more off putting for me :LOL:

I went there when the Franc was slightly cheaper and still managed to pay 30 pounds stirling for a fish and chips at the bar.

Nice country though :)

Zurich, Swizterland fits my bill, I'm looking for somewhere where English is spoken, but I can get a chance to learn a new language, where taxes on short-term capital gains are low (I've heard they're pretty low in Switzerland, need confirmation), where I can get into a new environment, and be insulated by some mountains from the rest of the insanity in the world. I'm looking for somewhere calm during the day, that knows how to party at night, where nature isn't far away, and where the government is sensible.

--I'm looking for somewhere with stable $.

--If the global economy does take a huge hit, it'll be *not that bad* for their currency
--Low taxes on gains from trading.
--Ability to gain citizenship easily is a +
--Europe is a +, being able to trade the eMiniS&P during the afternoon would be a godsend, but I'll make due in whatever timezone.
--I'm looking for somewhere where bartending could earn me some consistent money on the side and make me some friends...so cities are preferable.
--Being able to get by with some English for awhile is a +, but I'm good with languages
--Good infrastructure/internet/etc. No 3rd World Countries please.
--Somewhere with good climate is top on my list, SoCal just has it so good...
--Good people, good culture, good food, good women is a +.

If you can identify a city like this, I will gladly paypal you $50[/QUOTE]

Check out Hong Kong.

Fits most of the above points but not all.

When can i collect my $50 :D

--I'm looking for somewhere with stable $.

--If the global economy does take a huge hit, it'll be *not that bad* for their currency
--Low taxes on gains from trading.
--Ability to gain citizenship easily is a +
--Europe is a +, being able to trade the eMiniS&P during the afternoon would be a godsend, but I'll make due in whatever timezone.
--I'm looking for somewhere where bartending could earn me some consistent money on the side and make me some friends...so cities are preferable.
--Being able to get by with some English for awhile is a +, but I'm good with languages
--Good infrastructure/internet/etc. No 3rd World Countries please.
--Somewhere with good climate is top on my list, SoCal just has it so good...
--Good people, good culture, good food, good women is a +.

If you can identify a city like this, I will gladly paypal you $50

Check out Hong Kong.

Fits most of the above points but not all.

When can i collect my $50 :D[/QUOTE]

Hong Kong is okay. I've been there, and the weekend trips to Macau for some poker would certainly suit me well. I'm not a huge fan of the weather. And the inability to trade the later RTH for the ES is not exactly desirable.

Though I agree, Hong Kong is an excellent, and often overlooked choice in these types of discussions.

I would like to say you that it's quite difficult to shift from your country to another country, another culture,another lifestyle etc.But it will be o.k,slowly-slowly the person will tend in that culture,lifestyle etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wise words I'm sure.

Hard to tell though as don't appear to be in any particular order, in any way connected with each other, or indeed, anything else remotely recognisable ...

As a Londoner I would say the US is more bearable than here. Every country has much the same problems but at least in the US everyone is more or less on the same side. Even if it is a bit tetchy.

Europe is about to implode and its going to be messy. It was always an unholy union IMO . The cabin in the mountains, (next to a nice trout stream) gets my vote.

There is the foreigner factor.

One is partly judged by what those others have or are alleged to have done in the past, like land grabbing, carpet bagging, bombing civilians etc.

Is there anywhere in the whole wide world where the locals are saying - yeah come and live with us, unless youre paying like a tourist. I mean be real

Appreciate your HOME town/area and improve it

There is the foreigner factor.

One is partly judged by what those others have or are alleged to have done in the past, like land grabbing, carpet bagging, bombing civilians etc.

Is there anywhere in the whole wide world where the locals are saying - yeah come and live with us, unless youre paying like a tourist. I mean be real

Appreciate your HOME town/area and improve it

(y)(y)

Peter

Its pretty easy to move between say London and US without feeling like a foreigner in a distant land. Too many similarities including the problems.

The real difference occours when people go "off piste", usually in my opinion as an over reaction. A manifestation more of the turmoils within their own mind rather than reality in the world.

A beach in Thailand or Goa sounds lovely but how much sand can you take?

US Virgin Isles? Think theyre easier to move to than the UK ones.

BTW best internet of any country I've been in is Kenya. 5mbps mobile net unltd for £20 a month and it works *everywhere* from amboseli to dadaab. There is 20mbps too but not unltd and i dunno what the other network's coverage is like out of the city.

Beats the **** out of england.

Last edited: