Self taught? Impossible!

Notice i said "his"; women's biological make-up does not enable them to trade for Alpha successfully. They can't handle the equity swings. Before the protesters turn up en-masse, I should point out I'm not being sexist - I think women are fantastic!

I should point out that in fact, in the correct sense of the term, you are very clearly being sexist.

You might not mean to be disparaging, you might not be implying any inferiority, but you are most assuredly being sexist.

'I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.'
Socrates

I should point out that in fact, in the correct sense of the term, you are very clearly being sexist.

You might not mean to be disparaging, you might not be implying any inferiority, but you are most assuredly being sexist.

Yes, you're right actually. I would also be sexist about women being on the front line in combat.

She is very much the exception, of course.

Talking about her, has anyone else ever got the impression there is something not quite right about her?

What does she do now? Trade, or something else?

She makes the majority of her money from training, although she does employ traders too.

Talking about her, has anyone else ever got the impression there is something not quite right about her?

I think she has some muscle disease. Not sure.

One of her most exciting setup was called Turtle soup plus one, the idea was to take the trade against the turtle traders, obviously against the trend.

Not sure about now but she is sharp and top gun

i have personally learned a lot from her publications.

Unlike the other educators; i have not found any conflicts in her teachings

Yes, you're right actually. I would also be sexist about women being on the front line in combat.

This is all I was meaning really. There are inherent differences between men and women, and it takes considerable intellectual dishonesty to attempt to deny that fact. That is not to say that a woman or a man can't do certain things - men may be better suited to trading in general, but that does not mean that the best trader in the world couldn't be a woman.

It annoys me how language gets twisted - to be discriminating is seen by most people to be bad, when in fact it is a quality one should strive to acquire. It can be bad in certain circumstances, but its meaning has become totally distorted.

Public lavatories, for example, discriminate between men and women. They are avowedly sexist.

She makes the majority of her money from training, although she does employ traders too.

I see. I don't know what it is about her, just something feels a bit off. Like her interviews in Floored. Some people seemed genuine, others less so. Those two brothers for example, they made my antennae twitch.

The guy with all the heads (Mike Walsh?), the alcoholic and the nerdy type with glasses though seemed like the real deal.

Amount of time posters spend on this board is amazing. Most here may be either
- retired and hence, trading / simulating / spending time on board is a pass time for them
- college going / young unemployed again trading / simulating is a hobby for them
- you are super rich and are here only to kill time
- seriously trading and earning living off trading - I salute you guys if you exist

Not many would be able to do a full time paid job and also making meaningful earning from trading / spending time on these boards.

There's lots of time if you are a swing trader. Lol!

Yes maybe he has 100 x the experience and knowledge that I do. Especially since I only trade my retirement funds. But it's my belief, in life, there is always more to learn. Even in my full time occupation which I have been at for 26 years, I am always learning something new, reading books, attending seminars, paying $15,000 per years in coaching and education. All this AND I am ranked in the top 1% of my field AND I am the top 1-2% income beaker for north america.
I never have said there is nothing to learn from others. There's always more to learn. It's just having an open mind.

I agree with New Trader (and Hoggums) to a large extent. I think trading is quite different from many other endeavours in this respect. Once one has found a comfortable and effective method, too many new things can simply be a distraction. I think a lot of people simply develop their own approach in an almost subconscious way and outside influences can be detrimental to this. It is a little difficult to explain if you haven't experienced it I suppose.

I do agree with you about life in general, but I think that for many people who have found at least some success at trading it is different with regard to this specific activity.

Amount of time posters spend on this board is amazing. Most here may be either
- retired and hence, trading / simulating / spending time on board is a pass time for them
- college going / young unemployed again trading / simulating is a hobby for them
- you are super rich and are here only to kill time
- seriously trading and earning living off trading - I salute you guys if you exist

Not many would be able to do a full time paid job and also making meaningful earning from trading / spending time on these boards.

Sorry forgot the moderators and vendors....:)

so many self proclaimed FX and Futures traders on tweeter.....they get all the moves right across dozens of instruments......most tweets are cryptic and open to interpretation...tweeting every 10 minutes.....I wonder when do they actually trade with so much tweeting to take care of

...most tweets are cryptic and open to interpretation...

That's how they work. If you don't understand what they are saying, they can never be wrong. There were some of that kind of spammers on here that do something similar. Additionally, they like to cycle the colour on their charts to achieve a certain psychological effect.