SCAMS & Other Sinners - lessons here !

One little error of judgment I made was trading with a bucketshop offering zero spreads,their prices were pretty much spot on as was their execution.The same can't be said for their segregation of funds policy, which came to light when they went pop. That one goes in the 'Too good to be true' file. Saying that, I would probably be tempted again providing the firm is FSA registered and covered up to my account balance.

Government sponsored scams don't count because most people are forced into them and escape isn't actually possible. When forced into a deal at the threat of violence - police batons, government jails, ets, it's no longer a scam but a robbery.
Like money! Ha! we are all mugs mugs mugs!..

Joe,

Can I just ask, were you by any chance commentating on BBC about the Jubilee boat thing? I have the same feeling reading your posts as I did listening to that commentary.

No, I don't watch TV - I have it but never touch it, youtube is quicker. No idea about the boat. Wasn't she on a barge ? I think it's the sign of the times, a yacht would be too ostentatious.

I think the majority will not / cannot be diverted away from being victims of scammers in the long run, no matter what the warning message, or how long you try to convince them. The emotion of 'hope' is too powerful. On recent thread one guy said 'thanks to this forum for warning me re waste of time rip off courses', and yet not long later goes to an even more dodgy outfit of trading courses, where they hadn't even bothered to turn up.
So it maybe temporary respite, but will not last long. Perhaps that's why the scammers just reinvent themselves, the mailing list of 'scammees' (those that have been scammed) is too tempting an opportunity for free money to turn down.
Maybe its an inherent part of scammees psychological makeup, no idea, but spending so much time here warning people imo doesn't make much difference.

this is so true. no matter what warnings are given, the scammed will fall for it all over again. proof of this is the dillard/pousa prophetmax scam. reading the comments on their facebook page just beggars belief. are people really this thick and stupid?? can they be educated to see sense of any kind? i'm thinking not :eek:

I have woken up occasionally with a woman with an extra appendage.

Never did figure out if it was a scam or a bonus to be honest.

One little error of judgment I made was trading with a bucketshop offering zero spreads,their prices were pretty much spot on as was their execution.The same can't be said for their segregation of funds policy, which came to light when they went pop. That one goes in the 'Too good to be true' file. Saying that, I would probably be tempted again providing the firm is FSA registered and covered up to my account balance.

Agrred .......it can be difficult.......I was with WS for a while myself ....:eek:

I have woken up occasionally with a woman with an extra appendage.

Never did figure out if it was a scam or a bonus to be honest.

genius :LOL:

when Backpacking though the Far East in the 90's.......(in Thailand) I did used to try to point out to a lot of my friends the potential error of their ways as they staggered back drunkenly to their huts with "questionable" women

mostly they seemed pretty ok with events the next day....so so harm done

and no I dont remember that happening to me .....I think ? :whistling

N

genius :LOL:

when Backpacking though the Far East in the 90's.......(in Thailand) I did used to try to point out to a lot of my friends the potential error of their ways as they staggered back drunkenly to their huts with "questionable" women

mostly they seemed pretty ok with events the next day....so so harm done

and no I dont remember that happening to me .....I think ? :whistling

N
lol, In my brief experience in Phuket i asked a mate whos well into the pros how you tell the difference. He said "if they are too good looking beware!" lol

Have to admit i only got about 80% in the 'guess the sex' game! :eek:

Lady boys are common in Thailand.

I am not GAY but thr guy i was f****** is...lol:clap:

tens years in Patong and i have never been with a katoi. ( ladyboy)

You can tell by the adms apple, (altough these are now shaved/removed) , anything above 5.8 is sus, and modified facial features.

The only sure way to tell is to check for the prostate gland, but once you get that far..................

1. I only had one boyfriend before--(in the last 12hrs)

2. I am 19. (going on 18)

3. I am 25 (going on 30)

4. How long you work bar? - just two weeks, (in this Bar)

5. I stay in my room. (or at least someones)

6. Don't worry that Thai man is my brother (husband)

7. I have to go home for 2 weeks someone or the buffalo is very sick- (one of my other boyfriends is taking me to the islands)

8. I love YOU- (atleast as much as my other 10 boyfriends who send me money.)

I am not GAY but thr guy i was f****** is...lol:clap:

tens years in Patong and i have never been with a katoi. ( ladyboy)

You can tell by the adms apple, (altough these are now shaved/removed) , anything above 5.8 is sus, and modified facial features.

The only sure way to tell is to check for the prostate gland, but once you get that far..................

1. I only had one boyfriend before--(in the last 12hrs)

2. I am 19. (going on 18)

3. I am 25 (going on 30)

4. How long you work bar? - just two weeks, (in this Bar)

5. I stay in my room. (or at least someones)

6. Don't worry that Thai man is my brother (husband)

7. I have to go home for 2 weeks someone or the buffalo is very sick- (one of my other boyfriends is taking me to the islands)

8. I love YOU- (atleast as much as my other 10 boyfriends who send me money.)

Also another give-away is look at the length of the forearms and calves, they tend to be shorter in men, and the muscles are higher up, nearer the elbow or the back of the knee. This is how I spot transsexuals. (y)

I find looking at their face usually does it.

21DMC_INDIAN_SUPER_Q_24331e.jpg