Scalping FTSE 100 Cash,

More like he'll give up once he's wiped out due to 5hite *advice * like yours...Scalping the ftse or any indice, using SB as a route to market, is one of the most insane (if not the most) statements I ever read on here..

Black Swan, can you explain what Scalping means to you? Most Sb offer the Ftse Indice at 1 Point Spread.The spread on the Ftse 100 INDEX FUTURE is 0.5point but it is not consistent and varies.

I shall see how I get on only start with 2 pounds a point, been doing Demo's till I am blue in the face.

Going to move to Pro Spreads if all goes well as they have DMA,

Mouse knows what he's talking about.

20 ticks a day
5 ticks a trade
4 trades a day

So easy to say, but try it with the all-important CONSISTENCY.

Plus, really really hard to make money overtime when you can't control the bid-offer, ie you're always going to have to pay the offer or wait for the market to go offered. That right there is THE nemesis of all scalpers using spread bets, regardless of how good your strategy is.

Or to put it another way - the cost of doing business will for most be virtually impossible to overcome, over time.....

Hi,

Thanks I would actually aim for 9 - 10 points in total, and then the 5 would be "in there", after spread ect...

Do you see what I mean? So the tick by tick graph in IG would not corralte to the actual offer you get? And also when do these slow fills emerge themselves?

You wouldn't need 9-10 points to get 5 points with IG as its only a 1 pip spread

Yes but would wait for 2 pip uptrend, then go in 1 pip spread, then the 5 means you got 8,

Then 2 just to make sure that 5 is right in there, or if betting 5 a point just wait ill P/L is 10 then hit sell.

When would these slow sell order come in? Does that sort of thing happen when you are doing like 50 a point and not popular with the SB Company?

In my experience with IG they usually execute it with one click....

People don't like others talking about SBing on here for some reason,

Apparently its a ridiculous way of trading

Doom, most scalp trading for most retail traders is a ridiculous way of trading.

But for medium to longer term trades there's no better. 1 account, small amounts can be traded, good software, spreads no problems etc.

I'm a big fan of spread betting but just want many to realise that they're being wrongly seduced by scalping, ie 'small risk', plenty of movement everyday, how hard can it be to latch onto a few 10-30 tick movements per day etc?

Very hard, actually. Then throw in the cost of doing business and it's even harder.

SB is quite ridiculous given the high costs, and the risk of the bookie fiddling with the prices. So people who consider themselves real traders would probably see SB as a joke. But at the end of the day, if you make money, it really wouldn't matter what vehicle you use.

I am logged into my IG account, and I can put in a bet in an instant. I don't see any execution (betting) speed issues.

Yes I agree anley, very easy to look at a chart at the end of the day, and said yes would of gone in there ect...

How would you recommended SB the FTSE 100 daily, with a more longer trade? I can't be impossible, find a strategy and then stick to it like glue.

If I were to make an intraday stratagy and then back test over say 50 trading days, would you say that is too small?

I suppose using a zero spread company or Pro that offer a 0.5 spread, but there is always that fiddling element from the broker, it this as massive issue as people make out? Does it only happen you you put lots on a bet, I suppoese SB companies give you money if you win, with trading normal shares brokers just make money from the commission and spread, less incentive or need to get up to tricks.

You wouldn't need 9-10 points to get 5 points with IG as its only a 1 pip spread

No matter how many times you're told that you cant fookin "scalp the FTSE" you just dont listen do you? How do you really *know* it's one pip spread, 'cos IG tell you in their marketing blurb? Probably more like 2-3 pip cost.Then there's the exit, delays of another pip or two. If you're on a limited account 3 pips for the stop..so tot that all up and you could need a eight-ten pip move in your favour just to break even. If you want to use SB as a platform then swing or position trade, any other method and you're queering the odds massively in favour of the SB firm..

Black Swan I do appreciate your realistic approach, would IG play around that much with less then 10 pounds a point?

Is there a SB Firm that does not fiddle?