saxon futures trader assessment day

branden1

hi there i am going to be attending an assessment day next week

could any one advise me on what to expect ??

please thanks

Alright Branden,

I might be able to give you a bit of an insight although when I went to see them it wasn't an assessment day just an interview.

Basically it consisted of an interview with a couple of young lads (bearing in mind i'm only 22) and then a series of tests. The test were mental arithmetic, pattern recognition and a paper with numerical questions on, now I had absolutely no idea what the questions were on the last paper or how to answer them. Needless to say I didn't get called back for a second interview

Mike

I have an assessment next week in saxon too. I have been told that will be actually a presentation and short interview...have you any idea about salary...as I readin other threads that you pay and not being paid in some firms

cheers mate

so what kind of math question like what s 7/8 as a decimal

lol

cheers mikey

b

I might be able to give you a bit of an insight although when I went to see them it wasn't an assessment day just an interview.

Basically it consisted of an interview with a couple of young lads (bearing in mind i'm only 22) and then a series of tests. The test were mental arithmetic, pattern recognition and a paper with numerical questions on, now I had absolutely no idea what the questions were on the last paper or how to answer them. Needless to say I didn't get called back for a second interview

Mike[/QUOTE]

saxon assesment day

hey thats kool

so i take it you have spoken to them, regarding the assessment day??

so i take it that they will narrow us down !!!

best of the best !! lol

im sooo nervous !!

laters

As far as I know you can take £500 per month from your account to pay for living expenses. Your salary comes from the profit split you receive. When I went to see them they told me that it would probably be 6-12 months before you start making money so you need to have some sort of financial support.

I would say to you pay close attention to how much the desk fee will be, because either its extortionately high or they were taking the pi** with someone I know. Apparently the desk fee was 2k per month and then you had to pay 1k a month to the MD and 1k a month to the risk manager????

Finally and this is probably the most important one, get them to give you in writing ho much your round trips will cost.

Seriously though i studied a level maths and physics and it was as if i was 7 year old looking at a GCSE paper.

You hit the nail on the head with the math questions. I think there was something like 50 of those types of questions and you had 5 minutes to answer them?

it might have changed cos it was spring/summer when i went to see them