S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

So lads, as to why I'm not around that much these days.

Well it has been an interesting year for me. Q1/Q2 were stellar trading conditions and results but it didn't last and I had a pretty cr@p Q3. It made me re-evaluate how I trade and I came to a number of conclusions with support from some other people I talk to off board.

Essentially I have been gradually changing the way I trade away from short term scalping to a more fluid discretionary intraday style. This has meant a certain degree of psych work for me as well as augmenting my (internalised) understanding of the markets, how they operate and who the participants really are.

So my primary reason for not posting here is because I am trading very differently now. More frequently yet more discerning. Trades run for longer now too. It is for me an augmentation in discretionary trading but it is framed by a structure of market understanding. It has genuinely become a job of work now. As it is now work, work is enjoyable but is in itself not recreational and with the time that I have outside of trading I am just enjoying the fruits of my labours and generally hanging out with my wife and kids, growing older together and watching us all develop. For me this is about as good as things get.

As a trading resource, T2W doesn't give me anything more than companionship these days and with me spending more time engaging in the real world, I am around here less and less. Hence it seems unfair (at least to me) to carry on administering something for you in a half-hearted way. The comp is great and it should be run with diligence. Hence my decision to stand-down lads.

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck, hope it works out well for you (y)
1392 for me this week please

1382 for me please Rob,

As per your instructions I'll wait until I have the nod from you and further instructions before making changes to SP-2012.

(y)

Looking forward to Atilla's master piece

My new wonder system only gets it wrong 50% of the time !!

So, in what may be my last week of admin if Atilla wants to pick it up starting next week, we have the rather splendid scenario that bang on Thanksgiving week, long term participants decided to initiate what is probably the Christmas rally with a finish at 1409.15 - way beyond most people's wildest expectations.

1) Malaguti
2) Gaffs1964
3) Atila

To be fair, Malaguti was the only one relatively close, most of you were way off.

Gaffs is now king of the leaderboard.

Well done lads

@Atilla - all yours if you want to have a go at doing this week's admin:p

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

Attachments

• SPWeekly20121123.png
    SPWeekly20121123.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Many thanks Rob,

I've worked through your comprehensive guide and it certainly made light work of the weekly setup. (y)

Pat mon ami,
Robster is the master and I am merely an apprentice... Let's set the expectations right first eh? But I promise to do my best... :smart:

Many thanks Rob,

I've worked through your comprehensive guide and it certainly made light work of the weekly setup. (y)

Pat mon ami,
Robster is the master and I am merely an apprentice... Let's set the expectations right first eh? But I promise to do my best... :smart:

No problem - just do your thingy

;)