S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

From where price is now l think we will see further weakness and get the bounce at 1350-1355 with the week finishing higher than the previous weeks close

This looks like fun, I wish I had seen this earlier... (EOW removed)
I was thinking of waiting after reading the week to week part, I'll be back on the weekend :)

Last edited:
This looks like fun, I wish I had seen this earlier... Nov expiry 1360

You have to put your prediction in before the US open on a Monday each week to play, and we use the S&P 500 Cash. So you've missed this weeks game, but try and remember next weekend to put in a new prediction if you want to join in.

This looks like fun, I wish I had seen this earlier... (EOW removed)
I was thinking of waiting after reading the week to week part, I'll be back on the weekend :)

Welcome to this thread to you and SONIC123.
Any contribution is gratefully received. All the forecasts go into the weighted average, which usually does quite well.
robster usually gets it in by the week's open. Hint hint

Last edited:
I am waiting for " the Fiscal Cliff " that's due from Jan 1st in the USA. All Bush's tax cuts and spending will be over finally. $17 trillion in debt and counting.

According to the pundits there is another financial crisis looming called " the entitlements crisis ", there won't be enough for all the handouts the US politicians have promised to get elected !!

What the floor of the S&P 500 is going to be, god only knows, it's that bad.

:(

I am waiting for " the Fiscal Cliff " that's due from Jan 1st in the USA. All Bush's tax cuts and spending will be over finally. $17 trillion in debt and counting.

According to the pundits there is another financial crisis looming called " the entitlements crisis ", there won't be enough for all the handouts the US politicians have promised to get elected !!

What the floor of the S&P 500 is going to be, god only knows, it's that bad.

:(

"Investors should have 100 percent of investments in equities because of valuations and higher returns than bonds, said Laurence D. Fink, chief executive officer of BlackRock Inc. (BLK), the world’s largest money manager.
Investors who seek the safety of treasury bonds will have minimal returns and will not be able to meet their needs with the U.S. Federal Reserve expected to keep interest rates low, said Fink, who in 1988 co-founded the New York-based manager with $3.5 trillion of assets. By contrast, equities are trading at the lowest valuations in 20 or 30 years."

larry fink in feb 2012 SP500 cash was 1350 approx