S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

W/E 20th April - Results

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to write this but purely out of habit, here is the summary of this weeks comp.

So the market ranged quite widely giving the 'Downs' something to cheer about for a while until S&P decided that it was actually time for an 'Up' week finally settling at 1378.53.

So this weeks Mystic Megs are:

1) Atilla & dpinpon - 1380 (1.47)
2) samspade79 - 1382 (3.47)
3) Wt Average - 1371.3 (-7.23)

So a big congrats for Atilla and dpinpon for nailing it, sam for a very close 2nd place and finally the group for getting the Wt Average relatively close :clap:

Now onto the leaderboard. Well, what can I say apart from Atilla is avoiding the pack at the moment and pulling away with an awesome display of forecasting prowess. Unless he has a couple of weeks of fail, he's going to be hard to catch now.............well done my friend.

Link to spreadsheet

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120420.png
    SPWeekly20120420.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 157
Re: W/E 20th April - Results

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to write this but purely out of habit, here is the summary of this weeks comp.

So the market ranged quite widely giving the 'Downs' something to cheer about for a while until S&P decided that it was actually time for an 'Up' week finally settling at 1378.53.

So this weeks Mystic Megs are:

1) Atilla & dpinpon - 1380 (1.47)
2) samspade79 - 1382 (3.47)
3) Wt Average - 1371.3 (-7.23)

So a big congrats for Atilla and dpinpon for nailing it, sam for a very close 2nd place and finally the group for getting the Wt Average relatively close :clap:

Now onto the leaderboard. Well, what can I say apart from Atilla is avoiding the pack at the moment and pulling away with an awesome display of forecasting prowess. Unless he has a couple of weeks of fail, he's going to be hard to catch now.............well done my friend.

Link to spreadsheet

Thank you for your kind comments guys - and that cuckoo clock looks very much something I purchased many moons ago... :eek:

Bit of random good luck to be honest and I'm sure I'll get it all totally wrong soon enough.

1340 for me please Rob.

Bit of random good luck to be honest and I'm sure I'll get it all totally wrong soon enough.

I was in a rush to get out of the house yesterday morning which is why I didn't do the result summary. I was going clay pigeon shooting with an old friend. Anyway my main point is that after 4 rounds of doing moderately well, especially on a difficult trap where nobody scored anything apart from me, I got to the last trap which was relatively easy by comparison and just had a spectacular fail on all 10 birds. I lacked focus, felt tired and the trap just didn't suit me. I still ended up winning overall though.

My point is that one bad week given your lead won't necessarily make that much difference my friend. 9pts, 3 weeks into the quarter is pretty full on. ;)

1346 for Friday April 27th which is Arbor Day. Not that means anything.:cheesy:
k:

Oh great it's Arbor Day next Friday. And no they didn't forget an H in front for some sort of maritime fest.

It is actually something to do with planting trees ( from the latin ) in Nebraska. That's nice but I will have to have a virtual tree, being far from Na.

I was in a rush to get out of the house yesterday morning which is why I didn't do the result summary. I was going clay pigeon shooting with an old friend. Anyway my main point is that after 4 rounds of doing moderately well, especially on a difficult trap where nobody scored anything apart from me, I got to the last trap which was relatively easy by comparison and just had a spectacular fail on all 10 birds. I lacked focus, felt tired and the trap just didn't suit me. I still ended up winning overall though.

My point is that one bad week given your lead won't necessarily make that much difference my friend. 9pts, 3 weeks into the quarter is pretty full on. ;)

How did those pigeons taste?

All I have to say is thank God that "you know who" is looking for the market to go low also!:cheesy:
Oh wait, this could be that one bad week you were talking about.:rolleyes:

I suck. :cry:

Ok, going to need to blow the socks off the competition this week.

1390!

Don't worry my good sir, just keep at it.
Work hard, play harder, and sleep the hardest!
Oh, and take your vitameatavegamin.(y)

Ah just noticed that VielGeld has 1390 - May I change to 1393
(I don't want to go sharing my winning points now do I....)