S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

European shares open down 1 percent

* Investors fearful of U.S. outlook after jobs data

* Euro mostly steady against dollar

LONDON, April 10 (Reuters) - European stocks posted sharp early losses on Tuesday and German government bond yields hit their lowest levels since September, as investors returning from a holiday weekend cut their exposure to risky assets after surprisingly weak March U.S. jobs data.

The worries about the health of the giant U.S. economy overshadowed positive trade numbers from Germany and China, with both nations enjoying strong export growth, although weak Chinese import numbers took some of the gloss off the data.

"Our feeling is we are back to looking primarily at the shape of the U.S. economy in the second quarter," said Adam Cole, head of FX research at RBC Capital Markets.

"I think the risk is even a normal quarter will be seen as disappointing," he said.

The key FTSE Eurofirst index of top European shares was down one percent in early trade at 1041.56 with Germany's DAX index (Xetra: ^GDAXI - news) down 1.2 percent despite the trade numbers.

The euro was largely steady against the dollar clinging to $1.3110, having bounced from a four-week low of $1.30330 hit on Monday. (Editing by Anna Willard

W/E 13th April - Results

So the week ended 1370.26 - and there was me thinking after yesterday's rally that I was in with a shout of an up week :rolleyes:

Anyway, this week's beautiful minds are:

1) Isatrader - 1371 (0.74)
2) Average & Donstar - 1372 (1.74)
3) hwsteele - 1368 (-2.26)

So well done to isatrader, donstar and hwsteele for some really close calls (y)(y)

On a general note, I am noticing that the accuracy of the group has seriously hotted up over the last 6 months. Maybe it's just luck. Or maybe it is voodoo. :devilish:

As for the leaderboard, Atilla (you little minx) and hwsteele (you little minx too) occupy the joint top spot so well done guys.

Link to full results

Attachments

• SPWeekly20120413.png
    SPWeekly20120413.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 166
Re: W/E 13th April - Results

So the week ended 1370.26 - and there was me thinking after yesterday's rally that I was in with a shout of an up week :rolleyes:

Anyway, this week's beautiful minds are:

1) Isatrader - 1371 (0.74)
2) Average & Donstar - 1372 (1.74)
3) hwsteele - 1368 (-2.26)

So well done to isatrader, donstar and hwsteele for some really close calls (y)(y)

On a general note, I am noticing that the accuracy of the group has seriously hotted up over the last 6 months. Maybe it's just luck. Or maybe it is voodoo. :devilish:

As for the leaderboard, Atilla (you little minx) and hwsteele (you little minx too) occupy the joint top spot so well done guys. Thanks(y)

Link to full results

I'm glad to see that we have "hotted" up so much. Why, I remember the time when within ten points was really good! Three of us within 2 and a half points is wild. If we keep this up we can start our own $200.00 a month subscription service. It just goes to show that competition is a good thing.

I've got 5 indies saying down and only 2 for up so 1358 for next week please.

Largely down to fundamentals probably

this new trading webpage is specially for the s&p500 traders easily can help you to improve you trading skills in weeks check it out investorstraders.com

investortraders.com useless website spamming spammers spamming trading spam

images

This should show up relatively highly ranked on a google search now.

images

This should show up relatively highly ranked on a google search now.

Great idea dude :idea:

Yoda top man :)

I'll have to remember this trick.

1380 for me please Rob.

Last edited:
I reported it as spam this morning but nothing seems to have happened so decided to take matters into my own hands......

Anyway Atilla, even though I'm not off the starting line for Q2, I'm still going to hunt you down like this wild tiger:

abd-228.gif

Hey Robster, just out of curiousity, what the hell happened next to that brave elephant jockey, had a happy ending or a gory finale.

I reported it as spam this morning but nothing seems to have happened so decided to take matters into my own hands......

Anyway Atilla, even though I'm not off the starting line for Q2, I'm still going to hunt you down like this wild tiger:

abd-228.gif

Hunt him down like a tiger? OH wait wild tiger.
Wait, are you the tiger or the dude trying to take the tiger down with two sticks?

Hey Robster, just out of curiousity, what the hell happened next to that brave elephant jockey, had a happy ending or a gory finale.

I found the gif on a site I like called animalsbeingdicks.com and was just completely gobsmacked by it. There is a full video of it on youtube and it turns out the mahout was ok - it mangled his hand a bit but he's still alive. The gif has a strong resonance because of this - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...rs-es-intraday-hotch-potch-6.html#post1820978

abd-228.gif

What are tigers scared of?

Answer: Amazingly all animals have the same 3 parts of their brain as a human does. the one that gets scared: the primitive brain is the one that decides when faced with a fight or flight situation.

for example: should a tiger be facing you alone in prowl position then you could shout really loud at them and they would run off.

SHOO SHOO GO AWAY !

That should do the trick. :cheesy:

What are tigers scared of?

Answer: Amazingly all animals have the same 3 parts of their brain as a human does. the one that gets scared: the primitive brain is the one that decides when faced with a fight or flight situation.

for example: should a tiger be facing you alone in prowl position then you could shout really loud at them and they would run off.

SHOO SHOO GO AWAY !

That should do the trick. :cheesy:

Bet he has some nightmares after that encounter.
The NHS psychobabble lot would go nuts over a case like this for post traumatic stress syndromes.

Bet he has some nightmares after that encounter.
The NHS psychobabble lot would go nuts over a case like this for post traumatic stress syndromes.

Haha that's funny and so is this post which definitely warrants re-post imho :whistling

It has a strong resonance for me. Quite some years ago, I was at London Zoo with my ex-wife (she was my wife then, she is an ex now, not I was there with my ex because I am weird).

There is a tiger enclosure and a large portal window, about 1.5m tall, round with glass about 15cm thick. I was right next to it looking at the tiger who was stood staring at me directly, about 3m from the window. I was transfixed at just how big it was and just how crazy it looked.

It then charged the window in full attack mode slamming it's entire weight into the glass as it tried to take me out. I instinctively ran away and knocked over about 4 people who were stood behind me - I basically completely sh1t myself. I know what it feels like to be rushed by a big cat and it just isn't funny.

I've had couple of encounters that made my hair stand on end with an electric shock go through my body as if I was going to die but I'm too embarrassed to explain it on these public threads. :eek: