10:00am EUR Industrial Production m/m -0.5% 0.6%

10:00am EUR ZEW Economic Sentiment -19.1 -22.3
1:30pm USD Core Retail Sales m/m 0.4% -0.4%
1:30pm USD PPI m/m 0.3% 0.1%
1:30pm USD Retail Sales m/m 0.3% -0.5%
1:30pm USD Core PPI m/m 0.2% 0.2%
3:00pm USD Business Inventories m/m 0.2% 0.3%
3:00pm USD IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism 47.4 47.0

Volume is awful at the moment. Haven't taken anything today.

Perhaps you are putting too much store on volume ? You could get down to 1 trade a week. It's Wall St's holiday season.

Price is the thing imho

Last edited:
Must confess, I'm still taking about 5 trades per day in this environment as I have been for the last 6 months or so, and I work full time, lol. All seems the same to me, although I guess you guys are looking at DOM trading and stuff more which is maybe behaaving differently / quieter??

At last the UK govt have managed to do something positive, with encouraging tech start ups in London.

14th August

Same, same same...

Still have 1413.25 overhead to get through. Last weeks high now gone.

8-14-20125-26-35AM.png

longer term chart is the same. No real point in saying too much before the 8:30 news. With the volume being low, I'd favour a return to balance which means heading back below 1394.

I presume the 8:30 news will give us more of a clue...

Got family round today, so not sure if it'll be a good time to trade...

Perhaps you are putting too much store on volume ? You could get down to 1 trade a week. It's Wall St's holiday season.

Price is the thing imho

So I agree and simultaneously disagree. Trading for me is about price, volume and time. When volume is missing it tells me something important about the current state of the market and this current state does not favour the way that I trade basically. Hence staying out is my best strategy as it will preserve capital.

OK- peek up on the news. Overnight inventory is long but barely.
Volume so far is low.

We are above yesterdays high though - which is nice.

Longs - 1404, 1402.50, the open, 1394.25
Shorts - well, anywhere really, we are above value with no reference points above since bloody ages ago. So - 1413.25, ONH (1409.50)

It's going to be a play by ear day.

well - on the bright side, the levels would have worked out ok for a target or 2.

On the down side, I didn't take any of them bcoz of all the distractions....

...oh yes - and being told in court this AM that they wouldn't grant a divorce, even after 7 years of separation.

That doesn't help...

That's harsh. How on earth have you ended up in that scenario? If it's not for public consumption then no problem...

That's harsh. How on earth have you ended up in that scenario? If it's not for public consumption then no problem...

The usual way - separated, then ended up with someone else. In that order.

Then sort of did bugger all for a while because the someone else was a fling, then a relationship, then a family.

Then went to divorce court 1 where 3 female judges were far from impartial. Then dropped that in favour of divorce court number 2.

So basically, I went 5 years without trying for a divorce & then spent the last 2 chasing it. I have one 10 year old boy with number one and an almost 3 year old with number 2.

I'm in a developing country with a white face and that doesn't always bode well in court. The whole thing is a farce. I'm OK with the decision, I can appeal, go to other courts, cut her money off etc. etc.

Just that the gal I've been with the past 6 years is devastated with all this because she's got all these plans about us getting married. It's been a tough day more in that respect than any other.

Not sure what to do now, other than strangle my lawyer.... who today actually offered to work for free to see it to the end because he's so disgusted with his own legal system.

As for the ex. She's running on fumes right now but she's still not giving up. You know how women can get....

That's rough Pedro. I have an ex but there were no kids involved and I settled it within 1 year by agreeing to it being all my fault and letting her have everything. Life improved considerably for me after that point.

Good luck. I hope it goes your way. You deserve it.

The usual way - separated, then ended up with someone else. In that order.

Then sort of did bugger all for a while because the someone else was a fling, then a relationship, then a family.

Then went to divorce court 1 where 3 female judges were far from impartial. Then dropped that in favour of divorce court number 2.

So basically, I went 5 years without trying for a divorce & then spent the last 2 chasing it. I have one 10 year old boy with number one and an almost 3 year old with number 2.

I'm in a developing country with a white face and that doesn't always bode well in court. The whole thing is a farce. I'm OK with the decision, I can appeal, go to other courts, cut her money off etc. etc.

Just that the gal I've been with the past 6 years is devastated with all this because she's got all these plans about us getting married. It's been a tough day more in that respect than any other.

Not sure what to do now, other than strangle my lawyer.... who today actually offered to work for free to see it to the end because he's so disgusted with his own legal system.

As for the ex. She's running on fumes right now but she's still not giving up. You know how women can get....

Say you have become a mormon and have both wives ?

well - on the bright side, the levels would have worked out ok for a target or 2.

On the down side, I didn't take any of them bcoz of all the distractions....

...oh yes - and being told in court this AM that they wouldn't grant a divorce, even after 7 years of separation.

That doesn't help...

Sorry to hear about the personal stuff.
I understand how it can suck the life right out of you and make everything else about life HARD to deal with.
I went through a huge long thing that worked out for my ex quite well.(at the time)
She had the kids and my money and so on.
All I can say is keep the faith, after years of BS it is at the point now where I have both of our children and she is in jail for a few different things.
Things can always get better even when you think they could never, you just have to keep-on keeping-on.

Good luck from some one who understands all too well:)

Seems there is quite a high correlation between trading and divorce if this thread is anything to go by, I better warn my girlfriend now! On a serious note, good luck getting that worked out.

Hating this low volume.. I'm having a tough month. Had 2 good trades today which mean I'm finally up for the month... by 20 pounds lol. Have yet to have a losing month in 2012 and I intend to keep it that way (no matter how small the win). Daily chart is looking pretty damn bearish to me, will be looking for some short setups tomorrow. Good luck all.

Welll - thanks all...

Bottom line is the ex doesn't want to let go because she wants 50% of everything I make from now into the future. Actually, make that 100%....

For about 5 years, I was giving her $5k a month and that was never enough and she'd never sign for a divorce, so I decided to squeeze a bit. Now it's down to $300 a month in an effort to squeeze her but you know what some people are like - they'll cut off their own nose to spite their face.

Anyway - to say my finances are like a bloody shell game now would be an understatement...